FFFC

Flame Free Friday Confession
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: FFFC

• Options
    I'm letting my girls nap a little longer right now because I'm just enjoying the quiet time. It might mean they sleep a bit less tonight but husband is on deck to help me because it's Friday and he doesn't have to worl tomorrow. 
  • Options
    I called my SO every bad name I could think of (under my breath) when he woke me up for my "night shift" with the baby...

Mind you, the night before I let him go to bed to sleep the entire night. I stayed up and juggled the colicky baby who slept less than 2 hours total and the toddler who woke up and was awake over 2 hours in the middle of the night. Last night, the toddler slept through the night and the baby slept 7 hours straight, but apparently, he needed the sleep...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO has been cranky today for some odd reason... So I'm letting him sleep as much as possible so he won't cry.. 
    (I'm holding him while he sleeps)
  • Options
    I am currently using a boppy that has been pooped and peed on and am only in my underwear cause 3 outfits have been pooped on today. I've stopped caring :)
  • Options
    ByeByeSpottsByeByeSpotts member
    edited February 2016
    LO has been cranky all day. Every time I try to put her down she either screams or starts choking from reflux. She's 16 days old and I'm exhausted. my husband has been sleeping through the nights since he has work. I asked him twice to stay up tonight and he says uh huh and passes out. I asked him to go get something and he says uh huh and falls asleep. I can't do this alone. I'm so exhausted. He wants to help but falls asleep when I need him most. How do tell him to suck it up and stay awake?! All I want to do is cry.
  • Options
    @ByeByeSpotts If you figure it out, fill me in. He takes a 4 hour shift during the night with the baby and claims he can't sleep (which is total BS because I've caught him sleeping). Then sleeps all the time on the weekends when we have all 3 kids. He literally falls asleep mid-sentence! It makes me beyond furious when I'm on way less sleep, but he's too tired to help with the kids...
  • Options
    @BarrettJ89 my favorite is when my boyfriend complains that the baby cries in the middle of the night. Not once has he helped in the middle of the night so sorry that he has to go through the agonizing pain of being awoken for approximately 30 secs. 
  • Options
    Cricket99Cricket99 member
    edited February 2016
    I hate when other people baby talk to my LO. Even his grandparents. Or when they say 'my baby boy'...no, he's not...
    This!!! My MIL just left and it was agonizing to listen to her talk to LO. If I had to hear her say "coot" instead of cute one more time I was going to lose it. She also uses this really high pitched voice when talking to animals, which she also adopted for talking to "my baby"... a) my child is not an animal, please use a normal tone of voice. b) he's my baby, not yours. You had your baby, let me have mine... Ugh!

eta: the app turned my letters into inappropriate emojis... Grrr...
  • Options
    Grace213Grace213 member
    edited February 2016
    @BabyArnold2016 @Cricket99  
    Omg yes... my MIL does this all the time. Diapie and nappie for diaper and nap. My older child has such a good vocabulary because we dont baby talk her. 

Rant tangent- so my 2 yr old says Maga instead of grandma. I'm going to freak if I hear either one of the grandmas refer to themselves as maga again... she knows what a grandma is and we are working on correcting it. Agh!!! If we let her say things how she originally learned it my son would still be called Button instead of Bennett.

Edited because I just can't today.
  • Options
    Cricket99 said:
    I hate when other people baby talk to my LO. Even his grandparents. Or when they say 'my baby boy'...no, he's not...
    This!!! My MIL just left and it was agonizing to listen to her talk to LO. If I had to hear her say "coot" instead of cute one more time I was going to lose it. She also uses this really high pitched voice when talking to animals, which she also adopted for talking to "my baby"... a) my child is not an animal, please use a normal tone of voice. b) he's my baby, not yours. You had your baby, let me have mine... Ugh!

eta: the app turned my letters into inappropriate emojis... Grrr...
    Glad to know I'm not alone..or crazy..haha