March 2016 Moms
Options

What does a mucus plug look like?

I've heard it's supposed to be a little bloody and it's a thick mucus. But is it possible it comes out in pieces? Because I've been finding thick white mucus for a few days now. I'm not dilated yet but I'm 50% thinned

Re: What does a mucus plug look like?

• Options
    I have heard that someone lost it in pieces before so it could just be discharge or it could be the plug... Can always call your OB but either way it doesn't mean labor is happening NOW...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've hears it looks like snot kind of
  • Options
    Gross but it looks a lot like a green snotty slug. Sometimes can have a little blood in it.. Google it if you absolutely need to know what it looks like. I lost mine last week and so far nothing so it doesn't mean you will deliver anytime soon or it can. The OB thinks as much as there was (I described it) that I probably lost most of it but I've still been getting bits since then and thats because it does regenerate.

Pregnancy Ticker

March '16 February Siggy challenge- After Pregnancy hopes

• Options
    Green snot. Loosing it means nothing on its own though. I lost mine a week ago at 33 weeks and no one was concerned, including me. 

3 miscarriages - 1 DS (6) - 1 DD (3)  - #3 due March 30!

• Options
    I lost a bit of mine the other day, it looked like snot (gross) but i am not dialated or effaced at all so not nearing labour. She needs to cook for at least 2 more weeks though so im not too disappointed
  • Options
    Don't google!  lol  It can look like snot, but a clearer image for me is rubber cement (texture and color) when it's just starting to get tacky.  And yes, it can break into teeny pieces.  If you notice solid little forms when you wipe that are 'springy' in texture, that's likely a mucus plug piece.  It's not something that smears, if you get my drift.
  • Options
    I lost mine at 33 weeks at the hospital when I wiped myself after getting poked and prodded so luckily I had a second opinion on whether or not that was it! It looked like a giant green booger, it was as long as my index finger and about an inch wide. Mine also had traces of blood on it but I was told that was because of the examinations and not the plug. There was a little bit in the toilet the next two times I went but not as much as the first time it came out.