Potty Training
Options

Potty training while still in the crib

hey all you mommies who potty trained before 2!

i think my 23 month old is ready. I want to try just going half naked all day and then cold turkey at night for a week and see how it goes. I don't have high expectations, but he's seemed ready for a few months now and I want to see if he can do it!

My only question is at night if he's still in the crib... Do you get them up in the middle of the night to go? Do you rush in in the morning to sit them on the pot? (He wakes up dry every now and then, but is usually freshly wet and poopy.)

Re: Potty training while still in the crib

• Options

I don't see how you could do it with him still in the crib! That just seems like a disaster, but hey, it might be possible.

With all potty training you are supposed to just focus on daytime first, then tackle naps and night time. Maybe just try that?

• Options
    All 4 of my kids were still in cribs when we potty trained (all were under 1 1/2 years old) and it did not effect it at all.  We night time trained when we potty trained as well.  In the beginning if they had to go potty at night they just shouted into the monitor and we took them (honestly it didn't happen very often).  Otherwise, we took them before bed time and when they woke up we'd take them.  I don't see how being in a crib would effect potty training at all. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    *LrCg* said:
    All 4 of my kids were still in cribs when we potty trained (all were under 1 1/2 years old) and it did not effect it at all.  We night time trained when we potty trained as well.  In the beginning if they had to go potty at night they just shouted into the monitor and we took them (honestly it didn't happen very often).  Otherwise, we took them before bed time and when they woke up we'd take them.  I don't see how being in a crib would effect potty training at all. 
    How could you teach them to do that and have them understand? My daughter is 17 months and understands a lot but how could you possibly teach a young child that? You ARE the baby whisperer though ;)
  • Options
    I always transitioned to a big kid bed first then potty trained.  DS moved to a bed at 19 months and then potty trained at 24 months.  However personality of my kids dictated whether they would get up independently to potty at night anyway.  DD would call out on the monitor but DS would go independently.  

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017