Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Just found out I'm pregnant after miscarriage... feeling anxious

ChefWalkerChefWalker member
edited February 2016 in Pregnant after a Loss
Hi all,

I had a d&c in early dec 2015 after a missed miscarriage at 11.5 weeks. It took me awhile to get my period back, but I got it 3.5 weeks ago. Today I had a positive pregnancy test. I thought I hadn't even ovulated but I went in for blood work on Monday and had an HCG of 4 (am still waiting on progesterone levels). So I know my HCG was 4 on Monday afternoon, and today (Wednesday morning) my HCG was at least 25 because that's the sensitivity level of the test. I am still 4 days out from my expected period. 

I am feeling excited but I am also really scared of having another miscarriage. I am hoping that my HCG levels are a good sign because they seem to be rising very quickly... does anyone know if that's a good sign? Last time my HCG levels did double in 48 hours and I miscarried anyways though. I guess I'm just looking for some hope and support and maybe even some advice on staying calm during this period. 

Re: Just found out I'm pregnant after miscarriage... feeling anxious

• Options
    Hi there,
    I dont have advice, but I am in a similar situation. I miscarried July 2015 and just took two positive tests a few days ago. I dont see my doctor until early March and in the mean time the anxiety is overwhelming. Just know you are not alone! Sending positive thoughts your way!
  • Options
    I had leftover hcg for 2 months following my d&c. I had a positive pregnancy test and got blood drawn the next day and my hcg was 7. Two days later it was 6. Given how slowly it was declining, I'm certain it wasn't over 25 when I got the false bfp. I don't want to rain on your parade, but I want to prepare you for the possibility that you may not be pregnant. I wish you luck, but if you aren't pregnant, I recommend temping. Fertility Friend is a great resource for this. Good luck!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi carrie,

I really appreciate the info. I had some blood drawn about a month ago which confirmed an HCG of less than 1, then I had an HCG of 4 and something higher than that yesterday. So I feel pretty confident I'm pregnant but I'll keep an eye out. That's helpful information.
  • Options
    Wonderful -- I hope you get good news!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    I had my MC in May of last year and I was absolutely devastated! I felt like I was going to have a panic attack when I got my BFP this week! A FB friend, who's also pg, told me to just take it one day at a time. Think positively and just know that today you are pregnant! With doing this each day, it really helps relieve the stress and tension. I'm leaving it in God's hands whatever is meant to happen. BIG hugs!!!
    Mommy to Gabriel (12) and Isaiah (10) and Step-Mommy to Danely (17), Diego (9) and Leo (4). Trained doula going for certification!
    5 losses (2002-6 wks, 2004-9 wks, 2005-11 wks, 2015-7 wks & 5/27/2016-19 wks) 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ChefWalkerChefWalker member
    edited February 2016
    MzOro, that's such helpful advice. Thank you. I am going to remind myself to enjoy and take in my pregnancy every day, however long it lasts. And how long it lasts isn't within my control. Good luck to you as well on this journey.
  • Options
    Our stories are quite similar. After my MC it took almost 2 months for my levels to return to zero. I had my period and got blood work a few days after which showed my levels to be 7. My doctor said it needed to be below 5 to ovulate but my body had major ovulation signs so we decided to try anyway. A little over a week later I went in to see if my hcg was finally at zero and it had risen to 15, by which my doctor wasn't confident it was a pregnancy and it could have been a "fluke". So three days later took blood again and it was a 103, three days after that it was well above 300. I am now almost 19 weeks. It is possible! Good luck to you ;) 
  • Options
    @tennisbabymama I remember you from April 16 moms right? I was in that group also and experienced a loss. I am 6w today. I could be wrong, and if so I'm very sorry. Either way I am sooo happy for your 19 weeks! Best hopes and wishes!! 
  • Options
    @danana5 Yes! I was a member of the April 2016 before my loss. I'm sorry to hear you also experienced one then. But SO happy to hear you are pregnant again. Congratulations! 
  • Options
    I'm so happy to hear that your pregnancy is progressing so well. It brings tears to my eyes and makes me hopeful