January 2016 Moms

PP period?

7 weeks pp and having cramping. I really don't want to start my period already! Anyone else having this? 

Re: PP period?

• I'm 4 weeks pp and stopped bleeding around 5 days pp. this morning I started bleeding again profusely and cramping. I think it might be my period? We've been spoiled with not having a period for so long I'm totally not used to this!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!  :'(
  • Loading the player...
  • I dread this. My pp period after my son, I thought I was going to die. Awful cramping and a ridiculous amount of blood... ugh
  • I'm so not looking forward to this.  :/
  • I was just thinking about (ie dreading) this today.  When do most women who are breastfeeding get it?
  • I think I'm getting mine now, but it's hard to tell since I had only stopped bleeding for a few days and I got a mirena put in (which means my period could be totally different than before). The super quadruple ibuprofen prescription is handling the cramps surprisingly well, so I think they're a little better than prepregnancy period cramps were. 
  • I was just thinking about (ie dreading) this today.  When do most women who are breastfeeding get it?
    Last time I didn't get mine until after a year when I started weaning from pumping and breastfeeding so frequently. 
    I always get it when my babies start eating solids. So 7/8 months 
  • @Blueyedsky how was the mirena implant?  I'm thinking of getting one in a few weeks. 

As for the period, so not excited about it!!! I'm formula feeding so I'm sure it will come sooner than later. 
  • Thank you! 
    It varies!! I BF on demand and pump once at night. I've never needed to supplement and got my period 5w PP. I'm hoping it won't be monthly. =/ My mom BF twins 9 months and had a cycle each month. 
  • This is baby 3 and I think I started my period yesterday.  I have no cramping or period symptoms.  My post partum bleeding stopped about 1.5 weeks ago and LO will be 7 weeks tomorrow.  I exclusively breast feed.  This is the earliest I have gotten my period.  I usually don't get it until they start eating solids.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @Blueyedsky how was the mirena implant?  I'm thinking of getting one in a few weeks. 

As for the period, so not excited about it!!! I'm formula feeding so I'm sure it will come sooner than later. 
    Mirena is awesome! After a week with it in, I'm totally a believer. My period had been so much lighter and less uncomfortable. Getting it put in was no big deal. I was already a little crampy so I didn't really feel anything. I would describe the discomfort as much much less than normal period cramps, though mine are pretty bad. 

What the heck is with starting my period anyway?? I'm exclusively breastfeeding every 2-3 hours and STILL got it back at 6 weeks pp. I know it's possible, it a just not the norm. I was hoping for at least 3 months. 
  • I had to formula feed. Week 5 pp and I stopped having post partum bleeding/draining a few days ago..and started my period today :-/
  • I will be getting mine within the next 4-5 days.  I went on the pill after my 6w pp checkup. I haven't been on BC for over 7-8 years, possibly even longer.  I can't remember the last time I was on the pill.  DH and I just used protection up until the time we wanted to start trying for a baby.  I always HATED birth control pills, because I was so bad at taking them on time and even getting to the pharmacy for my refills.  Anyway, I started to get some pretty intense cramping on occasion starting two days ago.  I hope the pill eases some of my symptoms, because I used to get awful cramps before becoming pregnant. I am not looking forward to getting my period back, especially if it's going to be worse now, than before baby. 
  • I freaking started mine today... the day before my 6 week post visit. Ughhh. 
  • Baby is 4 weeks old today and I'm still bleeding!! I want to say with my last 2 (ebf) I got my period later. Like months later. 

N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • So if I'm breastfeeding, I really won't be able to use NFP for birth control until I get regular periods right?  
  • So if I'm breastfeeding, I really won't be able to use NFP for birth control until I get regular periods right?  
    You can research ecological breastfeeding and see if you qualify for that. Otherwise you technically can track your fertility by your cervical mucus and what not, but I'm not sure I'd rely on that if you are new to NFP 
  • I honestly don't think my body has any clue what it's doing... I had the normal PP bleeding that ended about 4-5 weeks, then I went almost a week without anything. The day before my 6 week visit, I started bleeding, but it was on and off for about 3 days. Then stopped. No cramping, nothing. After back to back pregnancies, I think my poor uterus is confused. Lol
    You can research ecological breastfeeding and see if you qualify for that. Otherwise you technically can track your fertility by your cervical mucus and what not, but I'm not sure I'd rely on that if you are new to NFP 
    You can, but I wouldn't rely on it with all the variables. 
  • @BarrettJ89 I just had my first and had something similar happen. At 6 weeks pp I did feel cramps and extra hormonal for a couple days, then bled a lot on and off for two days, then it completely disappeared. No idea if that was a really short period or just pp bleeding making a short comeback. 
  • Well, it's happening... Super crampy, and OMG my boobs hurt! Anyone else get stabby pains in their breasts? It's incredibly uncomfortable. 7 weeks pp and I was hoping I would be one of those lucky ones who didn't get their period for months. Ugh, just add this on to the list of reasons I am exhausted...