October 2015 Moms

Circumcision

my son was just circumsized yesterday at 3 months due to issues with his kidneys etc. I'm just wondering if anyone has some tips on cleaning or making the pain go away quicker. i feel horrible for him he went through so much yesterday with tests surgery etc...my poor little man

Re: Circumcision

• Follow your doctors instructions. Ours has us keep Vaseline on it until it was healed. He healed very quickly!
  • My little man has kidney issues to so he has his done at 3 months. He had the plastibell method which is a little plastic ring which is meant to drop off between 5 to 7 days.. Well his took 2 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • It smells super bad for awhile and has some discharge but we were told to apply Vaseline every nappy change to prevent it rubbing and sticking to the nappy... Eeeeeeeek
  • Awww, I hope your little guy held up quick!
  • When my son was circumsized (first baby 4 years ago), they told us to be generous with vaseline and then cover with a gauze pad then the diaper. Poor little man!!
  • Yea we were told vasoline I just wasn't sure if anyone knew any tricks to make it heal quicker thanks all!! He's doing pretty good today not as much in pain like yesterday