2nd Trimester
Options

Most comfortable shoes

Just wondering if anyone has found that perfect pair of shoes for standing while pregnant. I work on my feet and the farther along I get the more uncomfortable my shoes feel! 

Re: Most comfortable shoes

• Options
    I love new balance or gel lyte asics. My feet are wide to begin with and being in third tri I have swollen sausages as feet now. So these two shoes have been amazing. 
  • Options
    I live in my sketcher go walks. Ugly as sin but sooooo comfy.

cat fail animated GIF

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use gel inserts, I think as long as you can find a good arch support you should be good. And good ol' google can help you find the perfect shoe for back support! Mine are non slip from Payless, with the gel inserts they are perfect! 
  • Options
    Hands down....Brooks. Its like walking on a mother f-ing cloud. These are the ones that I have (Brooks Glycerin 12), and I love them! My SIL has MS and she is also a huge Brooks lover, and so are all of my running friends. I use them for running, walking, or days that I know I will be standing on my feet a lot. 

Shoes are such a personal choice. I personally can walk for days in my Dansko clogs but many people can't tolerate them because they have high arches and a very stiff sole. I also love Crocs slips ons and sandals for casual shoes.
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    Clarks Shoes Unstructured line are light and comfortable, and can pass for work appropriate shoes. I wore them for a barista job for 12 years.
  • Options
    I agree with @sboston06 and love my Danskos. I teach and therefore am standing all day and they're the best. For running type shoes I surprisingly like Nike Free's. What they lack in support they make up for in cozy breathable mesh goodness everywhere else. I also like Birkenstocks for sandals. The Gizeh's are so comfy. 
  • Options
    The brand "fit flops" make great sandals, ballet flats, that are super cushioning. I have plantar fasciitis and can walk miles in them. 
  • Options
    I live for my Birkenstocks. They've made both of my pregnancies tolerable from a foot perspective. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My sperrys and Nike frees. 
  • Options
    I love new balance or gel lyte asics. My feet are wide to begin with and being in third tri I have swollen sausages as feet now. So these two shoes have been amazing. 
    I only have 1 pair of shoes that even fit on my swollen sausages anymore. My shoe preference is None, with option of all day massage, and no bra ever again. 
  • Options
    I have to second the danskos. I like sanitas too. I have flat feet, so the danskos took some adjusting, but they are by far my favorites. After 12 hour shifts my back and feet didn't ache, which happened a lot with tennis shoes. 
  • Options
    As a runner who typically lives barefoot as much as possible, I've been loving (when I MUST have the support) in my Innv8 that I had originally bought for bartending. They're definitely a running shoe, but they come with decent tread for wet surfaces plus have a lower arch and lower drop between the front & rear of the shoe - which is a must for me personally - because I'm so used to being in nearly nothing. Every person is different, but if you have a specialty running/walking shoe store locally that offers to analyze your gait and fit you to shoes I would take advantage. They're usually a bit more expensive and only really carry more high-end brand names but the foot health is worthwhile to me.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Don't know if you can wear them at work (probably not) but chaco sandals have been my BFF when I'm not at work. 

• Options
    See, I hated dansko. They hurt after 30 minutes,  which sucked how much I paid for those.
    I adore Sketcher sneakers.
  • Options
    34 weeks pregnant here and the answer to this question is none. There are no comfortable shoes.  

But seriously, I have to echo PP who mentioned Skechers.  I just purchased some Skechers Memory Foam slip on sneaker-like shoes and they are pretty comfortable.  You'll eventually get tired of anything with laces.  Trust me.

Other than that, flat shoes with gel inserts are a win-win.
  • Options
    I just purchased cute slip on shoes that look like vans from h&m for 25$. They go with everything & I don't have to bend down to tie them or anything. 
  • Options
    I'm jealous of everyone who works in shoes.... I work in ice skates and it's a bitch to tie those suckers comfortably lol. When NOT in skates, I'm usually in nikes or my uggs when I'm too lazy to tie my shoes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    :( Well, I only get to use steel toes shoes at work....