May 2016 Moms
Options

Gaining Weight Too Fast!

2»

Re: Gaining Weight Too Fast!

• Options
    Pascal86 said:
    Can we talk about the word fundal? It is up there with moist. Hate it. Fundal and Fungal are best friends.
    I like it, it reminds me of fondue!
    Sounding like a real pregnant woman. 
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    Hallelujah to everyone hating the word fundal or the measurements. I've "measured big" twice now and you know what I have to say to that? You didn't ask me if I'd pooped today, that's what. I can gain a good 3 pounds and a few centemeters if I haven't had my poop.
    and fundal is just a dumb word.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    JoMunson said:
    Hallelujah to everyone hating the word fundal or the measurements. I've "measured big" twice now and you know what I have to say to that? You didn't ask me if I'd pooped today, that's what. I can gain a good 3 pounds and a few centemeters if I haven't had my poop.

What? Have you ever looked into what they actually measure when they measure fundal height? It has nothing to do with weight, torso length, having to poop, or even how big your bump is. It is literally the distance from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus. Your uterus is continuously growing as the baby grows, all the way up until you give birth.  
  • Options
    JoMunson said:

What? Have you ever looked into what they actually measure when they measure fundal height? It has nothing to do with weight, torso length, having to poop, or even how big your bump is. It is literally the distance from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus. Your uterus is continuously growing as the baby grows, all the way up until you give birth.  
    Well, I can only speak to MY body and MY experience, but my stomach area gets larger if I haven't gone to the bathroom or if it's later in the day and my midwives just pull out a measuring tape and measure me from pelvic bone to almost boobs.
    but I also got that this thread is a mix of seriousness and humor. Sorry if I went too far on the humor side for ya.
  • Options
    JoMunson said:
    JoMunson said:

Well, I can only speak to MY body and MY experience, but my stomach area gets larger if I haven't gone to the bathroom or if it's later in the day and my midwives just pull out a measuring tape and measure me from pelvic bone to almost boobs.
    but I also got that this thread is a mix of seriousness and humor. Sorry if I went too far on the humor side for ya.
    They're not measuring your stomach area. They should be feeling for the top of your uterus and measuring that. I just wanted to clear that up because it's not the first time you've mentioned it and it's not correct information.