January 2016 Moms

Holy freaking crazy relative!

An aunt of hubby's called me and told me that I shouldn't be showing people pictures of my baby without a shirt because you can see her "boobies" and that LO wont appreciate having pictures of her "baby boobies showing" when she's older.
What kinda of woman sexualizes a picture of a 3 week old!?
I just laughed cuz I didn't even know what to say. Who the heck says that anyways?
This kinda of crap is why i rarely answer the phone when she calls anyways.

Re: Holy freaking crazy relative!

• Ugh never answer the phone when she calls again! That's crazy. Lol. I mean I definitely don't see pictures of my newborn self shirtless and feel embarrassed so... Good luck! Also you could point out that male and female babies' "boobies" look exactly the same so what difference would it make? Are you not allowed to change her in public either because people could see her baby butt? Haha I'm glad you just laughed though. That stuff has to be taken lightly, just shrugged off. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Well at least your daughter can hear glorious tales of "Crazy Great Aunt" when she's older!

Some people are weird. 
  • Topless baby photos aren't weird to me, but it's something I choose not to post on social media because I do think one day my kid might not appreciate it. Only because I wouldn't appreciate it if my parents were to post a topless baby photo of me. However, as parents these are decisions we get to make for ourselves and our children. I don't sexualize the images, but realize that others out there will. I would however, just show someone a topless baby photo if I had it on my phone or printed. That's different to me because it's not permanently out there for people to see. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • These where professionally done newborn photos that a friend of ours had done for us. For us and close family only. Not online or anything. She just happened to see one of LO half snuggled in a blanket at a close relatives house and decided she needed to play parental police.