February 2016 Moms

Overdue Check-In 2/16

1) How many days overdue are you?
2) Symptoms? Cravings? Signs of labor? 
3) Appointments? Induction plans?
4) Rants/Raves?
5) GTKY: What's your favorite pregnancy/baby-related movie?
*E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Overdue Check-In 2/16

• 1) How many days overdue are you? 41w0d

2) Symptoms? Cravings? Signs of labor? Nothing.  I had a membrane sweep on Friday and had spotting for a day, but that was it.

3) Appointments? Induction plans?  I have an appt tomorrow, which is to be followed by a NST, which seems stupid since I'm not having regular contractions.  How are they going to measure how they baby is tolerating contractions...  I feel like it would make more sense to just do a BPP (which is what happened last time I went to 41 weeks), but I'll bring it up to the dr tomorrow. 

4) Rants/Raves? Big rant.  My in-laws, who are supposed to be caring for my kids while we're at the hospital, just let us know that they'll be out of town Friday morning-Sunday evening.  WTF.  You couldn't have mentioned this WEEKS ago? They apparently just didn't think I would go so late...ya know...exactly like I did the last two times.  I am so angry and feel it is so inconsiderate.  Now I'm scrambling to arrange childcare if this baby doesn't come today or tomorrow, when my mom could have easily asked off of work weeks or months ago.  We have options, but I have anxiety about leaving my kids overnight and feel like they put me in a shitty position to have to worry about this when I'm a week overdue.

5) GTKY: What's your favorite pregnancy/baby-related movie? Baby Mama.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• 1) How many days overdue are you? 40w4d today
    2) Symptoms? Cravings? Signs of labor? Not a single freaking contraction 
    3) Appointments? Induction plans? Originally my doctor told me 2/17 for sure and then they changed their story and said they would call me tonight after 5 and tell me if there's room for me for tomorrow since it's technically elective before 41 weeks
    4) Rants/Raves? See number 3
    5) GTKY: What's your favorite pregnancy/baby-related movie? I love knocked up and Juno 
  • Loading the player...
  • @MississippiCatfish I keep hoping to find your birth announcement, can't believe you went over for all 3 babies (so sorry)! I'm due the 20th, but pretty sure I'll be going late as well- not one sign of labor yet. I have a dr. Appt. today but pretty sure I'll get same news as last week. 
    So sorry about your in-laws bailing, what a pain, hoping you get great news at your appt today!
  • TkeisterTkeister member
    edited February 2016
    1) How many days overdue are you? I'm 40 wks 6 days
    2) Symptoms? Cravings? Signs of labor?  I've been super crampy... had what I thought was my mucus plug come out.... I'm just super hungry and craving salads lots and lots of salad with tons of veggies and ranch dressing.
    3) Appointments? Induction plans? I go today and we will talk about induction. I'm still hoping to go in on my own. I don't want the drugs.... if my doctor offers it I may allow a  sweep....
    4) Rants/Raves? My in laws decided to do a kitchen renovation.... (they are my land lords) to fix a problem that we told them about 2 years ago...  my mother in law drives me nuts... makes my blood boil. 
    5) GTKY: What's your favorite pregnancy/baby-related movie?  Don't really have one.....
  • @MississippiCatfish : That really sucks. Thanks a lot, guys.

1) How many days overdue are you?
    40 weeks on the dot. I'm technically due today. Nada.

I am actually less uncomfortable than last week. Less pressure/swelling in the vaginal region. Turns out this is because while the little rascal had dropped and was engaged last week, he has so much amniotic fluid to swim around in he was able to pop his head out of there again. He's still positioned correctly but this doesn't seem to bode well for impending labor. :-p

Cravings = ALL THE GRAPEFRUIT.

3) Appointments? Induction plans?
    We've tried membrane swipes 2x now without success. I'm just not dilated enough yet. I'll drop by the midwife Thursday and try again...

4) Rants/Raves?
    I'm still mad at the Italian tourists who made fun of me on Friday. (They imitated how I walk/waddle and called me a goose. When I said something about it, they called me and my mom some less than friendly names.) Granted, they were pretty drunk.

5) GTKY: What's your favorite pregnancy/baby-related movie?
    Ohhh, that's a difficult one. Maybe "Where the Heart Is" ? I was thinking about that movie this morning and how scary it would be all by yourself, without anyone to rely on, at this stage of pregnancy.
  • @MississippiCatfish that's really frustrating. My mom will watch DD when I'm in labor. We have no backup, and several times in the last week I haven't been able to get ahold of her all day (in meetings, had her phone on silent, phone was in another room, etc). If we end up having to take DD to the hospital with us last minute, I'm not going to be a happy camper. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1) How many days overdue are you?  40 weeks 1 day today.
    2) Symptoms? Cravings? Signs of labor? No, no painful contractions at all. Just BH. No cravings since I am still having heartburn. 
    3) Appointments? Induction plans? Appointment on Thursday and will have an NST and ultrasound. Not sure if doctor will bring induction up that day. 
    4) Rants/Raves? Heartburn the whole pregnancy and gets worse these several weeks. Have walked more than two hours everyday and sat on the birth ball every day since week 37. 
    5) GTKY: What's your favorite pregnancy/baby-related movie? Don't have one
  • Did this in the previous thread as Well lol! 

1) How many days overdue are you? 41 weeks today

2) Symptoms? Cravings? Signs of Labor? No signs whatsoever! Baby has not dropped either

3) Appointments? Induction plans? Did membrane dweep today at the midwive. Apt at hospital thursday for us and nst! Guess we Will go from there if nothing happend in the meantime

4) Rants/Raves? Getting superannoyed at ppl who keep asking me if there is a baby yet 

5) GTKY: What's your favorite pregnancy/baby-related movie? What to expect when ur 

@MississippiCatfish
    So sorry to hear about ur inlaad! They suck bigtime for putting this kinda pressure on you 

• Just want to say thanks for the affirmation, guys - my DH didn't think it was all that big of a deal that they didn't let us know (we actually had to call them to ask because we heard things through the grapevine), so I'm feeling less like a crazy pregnant lady! ;)  

@Tkeister They just decided out of nowhere to do the renovations now?? That's so frustrating. I'd be upset too.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @MississippiCatfish yup wanted to get it done before the baby got here..... I've made it very clear how inconvenient it is. It's cause me to have higher blood pressure readings and has triggered my headaches which I haven't had since the first tri..... 

Update : I will be induced thursday unless I go myself before then!! 
  • edited February 2016
    1) 40 weeks + 1 day as of today (2/17/16). 2) Symptoms: minor BH contrx & lower backache throughout the day. Tons of pelvic pressure, especially when walking. Cravings: PB & Honey Sandwiches and French Fries. Signs of Labor: None really except I lost my mucus plug this weekend and the above mentioned symptoms. 3) My Doula visits next week if I don't go into labor by then. 4) No rants just excited to experience L&D and to meet LO, finally! 5) No cable **Edited to add to #5: I did like "Juno" & "What Too Expect When Expecting" in the past.

DS (2.29.16) via Homebirth

~ Proverbs 22:6 ~

• 1) How many days overdue are you? 5 days overdue as of today 
    I lost the first bit of my mucus plug last night, but that's really it 
    3) Appointments? Induction plans? Going in on 2/23 for induction (will be 41+4)
    4) Rants/Raves? I wish my body was giving me more glimmers of hope that she might come on her own 
    5) GTKY: What's your favorite pregnancy/baby-related movie? Look who's talking 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• 1) How many days overdue are you? 7 days
    Lost plug but by bit over the last 2 weeks, Been in slow labour for 4days, no sign of anything picking up though. Craving ice all the time 
    3) Appointments? Induction plans? got appointment tomorrow to get my induction date
    4) Rants/Raves? eished I could get comfortable enough on a night to get a decent sleep!!! 
    5) GTKY: What's your favorite pregnancy/baby-related movie? havent reali got one