High-Risk Pregnancy

Atrioventricular septal defect

our baby girl has a severe heart defect and a lot of fluid in her belly and around her lungs because of it.  Doctors don't think she will survive much longer.  We r only 21.3 weeks pregnant.  

Does anyone one have any similar experiences or success stories? We r trying to cling to hope... 

Re: Atrioventricular septal defect

• My friend had a little boy born with an asd and basically an incomplete heart. They found out at the anatomy scan. Not sure what kind of prognosis they gave her but she carried him to 36 weeks and was just constantly monitored.  He ended up with surgery at 3 months and is a fairly healthy almost 3 year old.
    We had a vsd which I know isn't as serious that was fixed in December on our little one. 
    Hoping for the best for you and your little one.

• Thank you for replying 

unfortunately our little girl passed away this week.  Paisley Christine Smith was born still at 755am feb 17, 2016 after 13.5 hours of labour. Weighing 1 pound 6 oz and 9 inches long. We got in as many cuddles with her as we could. 
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry for your loss. 
  • I was heartbroken to read this. I'm so sorry for you and your family. Thinking of you...
  • I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  May her memory live in your heart.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• So Sorry to see this. Thinking of your family right now. 
  • Sending love and light your way