2nd Trimester
Options

Taking a possible extra prenatal??!

Hi! I take the prenatal gummies that have iron already in them,that you can buy at places like Walmart. I'm supposed to take 2 a day, and I know for sure I took one earlier today. But this forgetfulness is starting to kick in and I'm not sure if I took another one or not! (Even though i think i might not have but like i said i really don't remember)Would it harm my daughter at all if I just went and took one anyway? 

Re: Taking a possible extra prenatal??!

• Options
    I just wouldn't take another one. 
    Its better to not take it than to take too much.
  • Options
    agreed with PP. i would just not take another one in case you did take one earlier.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You'll be fine either way. 
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    Why not just take them together? I also use the gummy ones and I've always just taken both in the morning. 
  • Options
    What I do since I have so many pills, I use the "old people" medicine containers. You know like sun-sat morning/sun-sat evening. I know it gets hard to remember so it helps a lot.
  • Options
    My OB told me during my pregnancy that taking my prenatal more than once (i.e. two or three) a day if I'd forgotten and taken extra was not going to cause a problem. 
    If you're worried, call your OB and start taking them both at once. 
  • Options
    ninji15 said:
    What I do since I have so many pills, I use the "old people" medicine containers. You know like sun-sat morning/sun-sat evening. I know it gets hard to remember so it helps a lot.
    I use an app to track them and remind me. I have 4 pills to take... I totally understand the forgetfulness. I can't take my thyroid med with the iron (both have to be on an empty stomach), can't take my contraction med with iron, and prenatal is anytime (but not near thyroid and iron)....this app is what has saved me!!
  • Options
    OP please do not take anything ^this poster writes seriously she's a fountain of misinformation. 
    Really? So having too much vitamin A during pregnancy isn't a thing? An iron overdose doesn't exist? Too much vitamin d won't damage your liver? I get it that you don't like me, but I'm right.
    However too much vitamin a is dangerous stop spewing inaccurate information! 

OP talk to you dr and do not take the advice on vitamins and medicine from Internet strangers 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    OP, call your dr. - it's likely a ten second phone call. If you can't get ahold, I'd say have an extra veggie rich salad for lunch and continue as normal tomorrow just to be safe.
  • Options
    Really? So having too much vitamin A during pregnancy isn't a thing? An iron overdose doesn't exist? Too much vitamin d won't damage your liver? I get it that you don't like me, but I'm right.
    Gummy vitamins don't contain iron. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    OP please do not take anything ^this poster writes seriously she's a fountain of misinformation. 
    You lost all credibility when you post Fox News as a reliable source, also only coming out from under your bridge to spew false information. 

OP unless you're snacking on them like candy you're fine.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kitteh81kitteh81 member
    edited February 2016

wait,  did someone dirty delete a post somewhere? 
  • Options
    @kitteh81 why that she did! Good eye! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    kitteh81 said:
    Except that it now appears as if you're unnecessarily attacking @soxfan9968,  and this bizzo was ready taking off my earrings bout to set you straight before I realized that your post wasn't referring to hers.

I think the BGs must have removed her posts because they are completely gone, not just a DD. Lol @ that gif! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi! I take the prenatal gummies that have iron already in them,that you can buy at places like Walmart. I'm supposed to take 2 a day, and I know for sure I took one earlier today. But this forgetfulness is starting to kick in and I'm not sure if I took another one or not! (Even though i think i might not have but like i said i really don't remember)Would it harm my daughter at all if I just went and took one anyway? 
    I would refrain and just take the average dose tomorrow.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    kitteh81 said:
    Except that it now appears as if you're unnecessarily attacking @soxfan9968,  and this bizzo was ready taking off my earrings bout to set you straight before I realized that your post wasn't referring to hers.

As her last act to cause even more drama for no reason she makes it look like I'm starting random static. Great gif choice btw.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Vitamins, like calcium, can only be absorbed so much at at time...so you do need to space them out if you are aiming for a certain mg. I agree with a PP that it doesn't matter either way about taking an extra, although I typically skip over doubling up.
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Options
    soxfan9968soxfan9968 member
    edited February 2016
    Hehe, I didn't even notice that! No biggie. @bigoaktree Thanks gals @kitteh81 @ecwk:wink: 

I'd add a gif but this bizzo is too sick to bother with the new gif process. Going to "overdose" on some oj and go back to bed.

eta: maybe I'll try to overdose on some chicken noodle soup too...

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Hehe, I didn't even notice that! No biggie. @bigoaktree Thanks gals @kitteh81 @ecwk:wink: 

I'd add a gif but this bizzo is too sick to bother with the new gif process. Going to "overdose" on some oj and go back to bed.

If I'm going to overdose on something it better be pizza.
  • Options
    jlgriff11 said:

If I'm going to overdose on something it better be pizza.
    Uh, no. Nacho Cheese Doritos. Every time. 
  • Options
    My magic 8 ball sayssssss.... Ask a doctor.
    Yep. Definitely a questions for your health care provider and not the internet.