TTC After a Loss

How often?

So I'll be going into my fertile window next week. My app I use to track ovulation/periods etc says next Wednesday. I'll check for my usual signs, but how often are you guys bding? I always get nervous starting our marathon too soon. do you start every other day once you notice CM? Or do you start as every day as soon as you see EWCM? It seems like such a chore! Since my loss in June, my ewcm is so much less copious than it was prior. Such a bummer!! 

Re: How often?

• I would recommend using OPKs to get a better idea of when your estrogen is rising/you're surging to ovulate. When I was TTC #1 I went purely based on CM for a few months, but was also temping. It took me a while to see what my pattern was. I think I wasted a lot of time doing guess work. Now that I've been through a loss, I'm having EWCM for a much longer time than before, like 7 days, so if I went totally off of that I would have no clue. 

Currently, I do EOD until a positive OPK or a high reading on my digital OPK. Then every day for about 3 days.
  • We do EOD as well as both days of a weekend on a regular basis because DH has a high sex drive. I would like to step it up to every day before ovulation but my CM isn't giving me as clear signals as it did before the MC. If we don't get a BFP this month I think I may start trying the OPK, though I may give it another month. I dislike the amount of waste that an OPK may produce.
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I'm going to try for EOD starting about CD8 since the one time I ovulated it was on CD11 and I have no idea when it will be after my MC. My cycles had no regularity at all between stopping BCP and my BFP. OPKs can help identify the day or two before O. @jlo1019 have you tried evening primrose oil? I took it to regulate my cycles (not sure if it did anything in that regards) but a lot of women say it helps increase EWCM. Just make sure to stop taking it during the TWW.
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    Married 9/27/14
    TTC #1 since 8/15/15
    BFP: 1/2/16, EDD 9/13/16 - MMC 2/10/16
    BFP: 3/17, EDD 11/23/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

November 2016 April Siggy Challenge - April Showers

• We try for EOD once I notice EWCM. I usually get about 3-4 days of that before O, although it does vary a bit. Sometimes the EWCM goes away a couple days before O, so temping is huge for me. We try to keep to EOD through my temp spike. The thing I keep reminding myself is that it really only does take once in the FW. While EOD or ED sex is nice, if we just hit one day around -1 or -2, that's still really good timing.
  • @RiverSong15 - a good reminder about how EOD and ED sex in the FW is nice but not necessary - I've been beating myself up because I think we had -1 and -3 this window but not the actual day of ovulation - but I've only had 1 day of a temperature increase, so I could still be WTO... here's hoping I've entered my TWW and that my LP is normal this time around
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Pregnancy Ticker

• I get that way too. I try go with EOD that week and ED those three days -1, O, and +1. Well, I try to anyways. Life gets busy and then usually my DH is pretty worn out after a couple of days. He starts resisting sometime after ovulation. I don't temp or use opks anymore, I know I ovulate because of the ewcm and I feel like I have a needle in my ovary. I've had my blood drawn several times and so I know that's when I ovulate. Good Luck BDing!

I'm new to gifs, but I have a huge arsenal of memes!
    Wish I could make human babies like I make plant babies!

There's a gazillion of them!!
    Married to  for 3yrs w/5 furbabies :*
    TTC for 2 yrs.
    One loss at 9 wks, May 2014
    Two chemicals before TTC
    Preparing for infertility testing

• I don't get EWCM all the time. We just BD ED from CD 8 or 9 until 3 days after O. 
  • We tried SMEP this cycle (EOD from CD8, start OPKs on CD10, every day x3 after positive OPK). We're both a bit exhausted by the sheer amount of sex, DH says he needs a weeklong break now haha. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @comealongponds We're trying SMEP as well! I've been less than amorous outside the FW so H is pumped! I'm expecting to be exhausted with by the end of the next 10 days (or possibly longer).
  • glamakittiglamakitti member
    edited February 2016
    We tried SMEP too; It's kinda exhausting. I never got +opk eod until cd35 was just not going to happen though. We did eod from cd7 because DH was out on CD8. Then every day from cd14-17?
  • I test (opk) every day starting around day 9. If things are looking good, we start Dtd. Always the day the opk is positive. And always the next day until the test is negative. 
  • Thanks for all the responses. Im on CD 10 so we might start trying EOD. I don't have any EWCM at all. Fingers crossed that it shows up soon. Prior to my loss, I was able to pinpoint my ovulation time based solely on my EWCM and was successful in getting pregnant. Now, it's seriously a guessing game. I didn't want to start temping, using OPK'd, etc bc I have a tendency to get obsessed. But maybe I need to bc guessing isn't working anymore! 

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to look up primrose oil. 
  • @jlo1019 - my EWCM isn't lining up anymore either - I'm temping but not using OPKs for the same reasons you aren't. 

FX that your EWCM shows up soon

Pregnancy Ticker