Pregnant after 35
Options

Weekly Check In 2/12

Happy Friday Ladies!

How far along are you? 

How are you feeling?

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)

Rants/Raves/Questions

GTKY: Let's hear some pregnancy related confessions! The more embarrassing the better, because let's face it pregnancy makes us do strange things. 

Re: Weekly Check In 2/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    22+4

still feel great, had my checkup on Tuesday, trying to keep my weight 5-10 less then last time as my sciatica at the end was unbearable, like got stuck on the toilet and couldn't move, had to 'fall' onto the floor to try and get up. 

Baby news/rant: for some reason in TN, ob's don't allow children, seems a bit contradictory, but it's starting to lists me off. I have a few people to watch DS, but my dr's office has called to change 3 out of my last 4 appointments...like the day before. So I made a stink when I went in on Tuesday.  This never happened at my last practice in NC, they were a well oiled machine. On top of this, I need to get a level 2 US at Vanderbilt, about 45 minutes from me, and can't bring my son, and the appointment is at least 2 hours. I don't have anyone to watch Him all day.  My mother is flying in from Boston to the rescue, so I made  4 appointments for the same week in March over the 3 days my mom is here. Thank goodness for awesome mothers. So I guess it's a rant and rave:)

embarrassing pregnancy stuff:  discharge discharge discharge, I don't miss this part, it's just all the time, hate wearing pantry liners 24/7, grrrr.

@mthoomom, love your food diary yesterday, all of it sounds amazing, need a burger today! 

@sporty1216, I wish I could give up caffeine, definitely no way I could have it sitting on my desk like that! Way to go self control!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I will try my hardest not to go to ur bmb page @sporty1216!!! I'll run to the grocery store right away!
  • Options
    I'm 14w1d

Feeling a bit better. Nausea is slowly subsiding, although I often still feel that slightly barfy feeling. Got some bloat going on, mild headaches, cramps here and there, tiredness, etc. But other than that, I'm doing pretty good.

No baby check-ups until March 5th. Seems so far away...

Life has been a bit nonstop lately. DH and I are going on a little trip next weekend. Can't wait for some time away! I bought some new maternity hiking pants so we can get some good hiking in. YAY!

Talking about peeing...I was at the studio where I teach, finished up, wiped and stood up. But then was shocked that things were still dribbling and wouldn't stop! It was like I was still peeing but couldn't even feel it (except it dripping down my leg). It got on my pants and the floor. Ugh. Luckily I was done with class and could go home and change (and it wasn't like my pants were soaked or anything) but man I was concerned! It only happened that once but I'm still afraid to stand up too soon.

The eating is starting to get a bit out of control but I've avoided chips at all costs because I wouldn't stop at just one bag. I'm still overeating on healthy foods at this stage so I guess it's not that bad??? Although I stuff myself silly and then have to lay on the couch moaning for awhile because I'm "too full" and then once that full feeling passes, I'm back to eating again.
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Options
    @createillumination - thanks for the pee tips! I have to practice holding my bladder often as a preschool teacher, but I pee several times before getting on an airplane or leaving on a car trip. Even if I've just gone. Is number 1 really a NEVER? Good to know though and makes me question the way we as teachers/parents often ask small kids to "just try". 

@jilligan14 where did you find the maternity hiking pants? 

@mamafesto You are not alone! I've been eating 2 breakfasts this week! On the bus ride to work I start to feel ill and think that a plain bagel w/cream cheese will help me feel better. It does! I'll probably buy bagels and cream cheese at the store this weekend to save money. Of course I may find them disgusting by next week ;)

@Sporty1216 your ice cream comment reminded me of the pregnancy day by day book you recommended (which I love). There's a part that talks about cravings and says something like "instead of eating the whole container just eat a couple of spoonfuls". A couple of spoonfuls? Ok, book. Whatever! 
  • Options
    @BernieRae I still slip up and go before I really have to, but your bladder will thank you if you try to adhere to it. I'm sure I was taught this bad habit as a child. I'm just lucky I am turning it around before I hit my 40's. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?  7 weeks 3 days

How are you feeling?
    Still so tired and boobs very sore. My mood has improved a bit this week :) The irritability has been replaced with a wonky appetite/intermittent mild nausea. I've been eating hummus/greens/swiss cheese sandwiches for weeks. This week I had to switch to PB&J. What sounds good to eat is all of a sudden not the healthiest stuff.  

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)
    My final RE appointment/ultrasound is scheduled for February 29th.

Rants/Raves/Questions
    I got chosen to co-teach in a new classroom next year! I already knew, but it was just announced to the whole staff. People are saying "congratulations!" to me about the job and that freaked me out the first time I heard it since this pregnancy is more on my mind than the job (and they don't know about the pregnancy). And I feel a little like a phony because I really hope NOT to take the job and instead have a baby in September and take the whole year off.  I just say that I am excited for a change and that the fall seems like a long ways off ;)

GTKY: 
    My sex drive has been pretty nonexistent since finding out I'm pregnant....unless I'm dreaming. I've had a couple pretty vivid sex dreams! One time I even woke up feeling like I was having an O! I'm not sure either of these things are pregnancy related, but hey, there it is...
  • Options
    Sporty1216Sporty1216 member
    edited February 2016
    @createillumination --those tips are super interesting! I have always been a pee procrastinator. Maybe that has worked to my benefit! Also, very excited that your first appt is almost here. I hope you get an ultrasound, or at least a Doppler listen! Will be excited for an update. 

@BernieRae -- I laughed at that spoonful suggestion! Yeah. Right! In fact, I have a pint of cherry Garcia waiting for me once LO goes to bed since it is DH's monthly poker night. Couch. Cherry Garcia. Trash tv. Can't wait!

• Options
    By some miracle i am still awake and binge-watching the American idol auditions and BAWLING my eyes out as I watch all of these moms being so proud of their kids. I just keep getting overwhelmed thinking about how proud of my kiddos I am/will be and how excited I am to find out what they are passionate about. Hormonal much? Sheesh!
  • Options
    Good morning! It's Saturday and a frigid one at that if you are in the New England area. Seasonably frigid but still, we've been spoiled. Looking forward to it being 50 degrees on Tuesday!

How far along are you? 19 weeks 3 days

How are you feeling? Great! I started back on my morning latte which is 1T espresso, 6-8oz of warm milk and 1T coconut oil. Honestly, the best thing I have done for myself this pregnancy. My energy is up, I have more focus at work, I am less anxious. Go go gadget caffeine! And coconut oil.

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?) I started feeling the flutters late last week and this week, Baby Girl is definitely moving around. She seems to be most active first thing in the morning, around dinner time and whenever I am at rest or sleeping. The flutters woke me up for the first time last night. Other than that, no new news. The anatomy scan is at the end of Feb when I'll be 22 weeks. Can't wait to see her again!

Rants/Raves/Questions I won't rant this week. My rave is the house cleaning service I hired. I will never go back to cleaning the house by myself again, particularly because my idea of cleaning is to do the bare minimum. The fact that house is clean gives me an incentive to really keep up with it. This leads me to my question: can anyone recommend some good mostly earth-friendly cleaning wipes? I looked at 7th Generation but the reviews complained about the smell. I assume it's the citronella because many reviewers said they smelled like bug spray. I also looked at GreenWorks and Shaklee H2. Do any of you use cleaning wipes? Right now I'm working through the Clorox/Lysol and I may just stick to those. I keep a container next to the kitchen sink and on the back of the toilet. Now if I could only get DH to use them....

GTKY: Let's hear some pregnancy related confessions! The more embarrassing the better, because let's face it pregnancy makes us do strange things. Hmmm.... let's see... where do I start.
    1) The first time I went baby shopping I saw the cutest Newborn Yellow Sundress and I started bawling in the middle of Target. I couldn't stop crying and had to leave. Of course, I bought the dress and hope that she'll be able to wear it at least one time!
    2) Once I projectile vomited quite suddenly all over the inside of driver's side window of my car (I was around 11 weeks then and thought for sure I was done with MS). A bunch of people saw me do that.
    3) I am SO GASSY ALL THE TIME. I work at an assisted living facility and have often blamed my rancid gas on one of the residents. People fall for it all the time. 
    4) I regularly change the water cooler bottle at work. It's ~45#. So far, no one has caught me doing that.
    5) All of the boogers! I am so snotty and boogery! Usually the winter increases nasal mucus production but this year is the worst! So much mucus and the dry, cold air makes them stick to my nose hairs. I constantly want to pick my nose and forget the tissue because I know a finger nail will get that sh*t better than a tissue could. I use tissues because I don't need another reason to be a social pariah. 
    6) I am working on a letter to my unborn child. So far it's about 4 pages and does not shy away from anything. I talk about morning sickness, my thoughts and emotions, the things DH and I have done since I've been pregnant, how I want to raise her, where DH and I want to take her for trips, how we told our families, everything. I will eventually give this to her when she is old enough to appreciate and understand it. Perhaps if she decides to have kids of her own. The whole exercise is mainly self-serving right now, but it feels good to log my experience and read it so I can see just how much has changed in 5 months.
    7) I have really come to depend on daily texts from my sisters and from my 2 besties of 20 years (who are my sisters from other misters). I am so thankful that they are part of my support network and I wish I could express in words just how much their texts, FB messages, Snaps, phone calls, and visits mean to me. There I go! I'm verklempt again!
  • Options
    @lillebowski23, I used babyganucs wipes for anything baby will touch but stick to Clorox for bathrooms and most other places. Also use Mrs Meyers everyday spray cleaner for everyday cleaning. I tried to be the all natural mama but I just couldn't. And Clorox gets everything;) I did wait until my son was 8 months or so, the paranoia lessened then!
  • Options
    emsmama15emsmama15 member
    edited February 2016
    @lillebowski23 - I just made my own wipes with Thieves essential oil cleaner, water, and paper towels.  I love them!!  :)

Edit: WIPES not wives...
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Sporty1216Sporty1216 member
    edited February 2016
    Hang in there, @CarrieandRoy ! I will confess that I was never anxiety-free during my first pregnancy, but once I could feel him move that helped SO MUCH. You're getting close to that, I would guess. Hope your cold goes away and that your appointment is awesome. 
  • Options
    @lillebowski23 I loved reading your list. I also recently added coffee back into my diet. At this point I need the caffeine to be able to get anything done after 2 pm.

@CarrieandRoy I have one, too. :( 
  • Options
    It looks like there are a lot of us ladies eating like hobbits: breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and supper!

And now for the other end....

@CarrieandRoy  I have had a prolapsed one for YEARS. It occasionally bleeds ALOT. I switched toilet paper from the el cheapo 1 ply to Cottonelle which helped tremendously. I use an over the counter cortisone hemerrhoid cream and/or Anusol suppositories that I have an Rx for when I have a flare up.
    I have had fewer issues with it during this here pregnancy than I did before... I am kind of waiting to see what the 3rd tri and birth bring... I expect it will wicked flare up again. Roids are no fun! When I asked the midwife what I could do if I had a flare up she said, "Tucks pads and use your finger to stick it back in." Sooo.... there's that. Hope you feel better!
  • Options
    @carrieanderoy : you'll likely get a sitz bath and peri bottle for your front parts after labor. These things might help for your back parts now :) I don't think I've had hemorrhoids, but I've had other issues in that area in the past and these two things, along with dabbing with toilet paper rather than wiping helped a lot. I think a sitz bath is fine during pregnancy as long as it's not too hot. At least I hope so because although my problems are mostly behind me (hee hee punny) I still use it regularly. And I still use a peri bottle (well actually a clear condiment bottle) daily as well. I just got used to it :)
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16weeks 6 days
    How are you feeling?  Nausea continues to wave, not quite able to forgo the diclectin yet but slowly able to decrease the amount. Also my aversion to coffee is gone.. Yay I love coffee, not quite back to my usual cup a day habit but two or three times last week on very cold or tired days I enjoyed a cup.
    Any baby news?  Routine appt Wednesday, but should get by IPS results then.  Also broke  out the maternity clothes this weekend... It gets earlier each time...
    Rants/raves/questions......So my sinus infection finally cleared up... And I woke up the next morning with a scratchy throat and a new strain of cold.... My daughter has had both strep and a wicked gastrointestinal bug in the last ten days, so fingers crossed I don't get anything else...
    Pregnancy related confessions... Embarrassing moments galore...
    I work in home health care and have had to routinely vomit in a baggie outside my car at one clients house, and am sure I was seen puking outside in the gutter at another.
    My gas is horrendous.  Last weekend my daughter's illness got progressively worse, and by  noon Saturday she wouldn't swallow at all, by 2 am with no liquids going in including anything for her fever, she was very feverish and lethargic so I took her into emerg. .. She was miserable and sat curled up on my lap in the waiting soon until I farted at which point she scrambled off my lap and dissolved into a shreiking puddle on the floor two feet away shouting " ewww mommy I don't like that smell you made I don't like that smell you made.    ...".I wanted to fall through the floor...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everybody. I work from home, so I have the luxury of jumping in the shower after using the bathroom. Then I apply Prep H. It has shrunk a bit. It bleeds all day, but much less than initially. I had to wear a pantyliner at first! Yikes! Pregnancy sure is full of surprises.

The weekly pregnancy updates for 16 weeks say that I'm supposed to be getting that pregnancy glow that everyone talks about. Also, I'm supposed to be feeling fabulous and energetic and want to go on a babymoon. Nope! Carrie gets a cold and a bleeding hemorrhoid. ...And round ligament pain, I think. Either that or my left ovary is inflamed or something. I'll ask the doctor about that tomorrow.

@bgf1, omg I can't even imagine getting a cold right after a sinus infection. And the threat of strep and a GI bug. Oy. Perhaps after my daughter is born, I'll cover her bedroom doorway with clear plastic when she's sick and quarantine her. Is that bad parenting? I'd slip meals and medicine under it, of course. I wonder if I could get my hands on a hazmat suit...
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    How far along are you? 11 wks

How are you feeling? Same old- tired, sore boobs, etc. glad to have symptoms though! 

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?) Was supposed to have my cell free DNA test last Wednesday but because insurance required a pre authorization, the doc couldn't do it. Guess I'll have to find out the gender the old fashioned way!

Rants/Raves/Questions - I hate insurance! I called ahead of my appointment and they said the materniT21 test was covered and I didn't need to do anything else! Grrrrr

GTKY: Let's hear some pregnancy related confessions! 
    The gas. Oh my lord! 

Tried for DS for 1 year; one dose clomid Nov 2011 = DS born on 8/10/12
    BFP 6/30/15  MMC 7wks 5 days  D/E 8/9/15
    BFP 1/8/16 EDD 9/9/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Happy Friday Ladies!

How far along are you? 30 weeks today

How are you feeling? I feel great, some days I don't even feel pregnant others I feel large and in charge. Heartburn is pretty constant and this little guy is now causing me to regurgitate my food. F.U.N.  If I eat more than a little at a time its not pretty. 

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?) 3D/4D sonogram along with my 30 week appt today. Excited because I'm taking my mom who has never seen a 3D sonogram and my MIL who has never seen a sonogram at all. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Nada

GTKY: Let's hear some pregnancy related confessions! The more embarrassing the better, because let's face it pregnancy makes us do strange things. I think you ladies nailed most of them but I will say my libido, like my appetite, is through the roof. 1st and 2nd trimester not so much but I can't seem to have enough sex these days. DH is pretty damn happy lately. It helps he's not as nervous as he was when I was pregnant with DS#1. 
  • Options
    @createillumination I remember seeing the video about squats! I did them that very day but then forgot about them. Oops. Need to find a way to work them into my daily routine as I'm worried about the strength of my bladder these days!

@BernieRae and @redheadbride15 - I was shopping at a consignment store so they had a mixed range of items. The pants aren't really official hiking pants, they are the khaki type pants (that can snap up into capri length) that I find comfortable for hiking in. They are the Motherhood Maternity brand and have the full band waist, although at this stage I don't need to fully belly support so I'm just rolling that part down. They are pretty comfy and I like that I'll be able to convert them to capris once the weather turns nicer.

@CarrieandRoy I keep waiting for the 2nd trimester energy boost to happen but it seems to be going in the opposite direction. I haven't taken this many naps since I was like 3-years-old!
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Options
    @redheadbride15 10+ miles a day at 24 weeks? That's impressive! 

@createillumination Thank you for the tips! I have to say I am one of those who is guilty of peeing "just because." I used to have a job where I would sometimes have to hold it for hours due to driving long distances, no bathroom, and patient needs, so I've been abusing the luxury of having a toilet available since I'm home all the time. 
  • Options
    So impressed @redheadbride15!! I bought workout pants from gap and athleta, same company but both are amaaaaaazing!
  • Options
  • Options
    That's awesome, @createillumination!  It's the most magical sound ever (so far)!
  • Options
    Wonderful news, @createillumination ! I was thinking your appointment was soon. Thanks for the update. 
  • Options
    Congratulations, @createillumination !  I got to hear mine again yesterday, too.  4 weeks until the anatomy scan!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)