December 2015 Moms
Options

Scooting in crib

The past couple of nights, I've heard grunting from DD. Then,  upon investigation, I've found her completely perpendicular to how I set her down. I swaddle her tightly with her arms out, but I'm not sure now (or why) she does this. The mattress isn't  inclined.  Anyone else have babies on the move in their cribs? I can't see anything unsafe about it,  so I find it funny 

Re: Scooting in crib

• Options
    Mine will scrunch herself all the way down to the bottom of the bassinet, and she also likes to cuddle up to the edges. Thank goodness they are mesh. I'm have seen her do this truck in her swaddle and she looks like a little inchworm or something. It's pretty hysterical.
  • Options
    Yup. I swaddle him but leave his legs loose. And lately I've noticed him kicking his legs up really high in the air and kinda rolling or rocking back. Weirdo. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our little guy sleeps on an incline, and usually ends up near the bottom and I need to bring him back to the top of his bed. He's also very creative with his positioning in his bed. We can't swaddle, so maybe he's more mobile for that reason. But the grunting! Glad you mentioned that! What I've noticed recently is that the grunting coincides with an enormous early morning poop! Any one else experience this?
  • Options
    My DS scoots himself all the way to the back of his cradle until his head is pressed against the headboard. 
  • Options
    DD is on the move because she's kicking her legs to fart! I'll put her in the pack n play towards the top (we have 2 rolled up blankets underneath the sheet so the pnp doesn't feel so big to her) and she wakes up about 6-10 inches lower than where she started. I'm pretty sure with every grunt she scoots down.
  • Options
    pupsicle23pupsicle23 member
    edited February 2016
    I think my LO also grunts as she moves. She was so noisy this morning, and DH said she was very busy when he went to kiss her goodbye for the day. She was at the bottom of her crib, all smiles and turning her head up to see her mobile when I got her this morning.  Legs were flailing. So I guess she sleep scoots and also does it for fun.
  • Options
    mallinacashew said:. But the grunting! Glad you mentioned that! What I've noticed recently is that the grunting coincides with an enormous early morning poop! Any one else experience this?
    Ooooh the grunting. Our little guy grunts soooo much some mornings (most mornings!) during his last sleep. And it almost always results in a full full FULL dirty diaper or the biggest man-sized farts when we pick him up. Seriously considering moving him to his room to the crib vs the bassinet in our room because we can't sleep through the grunting!
  • Options
    Henry's a little mover too. I've been letting him nap on the couch beside me because we're trying to transition him to sleeping flat. He grunts and moves so much in his sleep that he almost pushed himself off the couch twice. Obviously I wouldn't let him sleep there unsupervised, so I kept pushing him back. Never woke him up. It was cute. 
  • Options
    Yep. LO scoots all the way down by her feet. Sometimes it wakes her up which is super annoying. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This always happens! Although she's not swaddled but man is she mobile in there!
  • Options
    DD travels. She sleeps in a full sized crib and has covered every inch of mattress in her sleep, mostly turning cartwheels. I started with the blanket rolls to make it feel smaller for her and have the ends arched over her head so it's like a horseshoe. This has pretty much put an end to the traveling for now and she seems to be sleeping much more peacefully and in longer stretches.

The grunting. She just grunts. It rarely results in a soiled diaper. Not only does she grunt but snores, coos, jabbers, squeals and even laughs. She's noisy. A lot of family has heard her during naps and claim she's going to be the talker.
  • Options
    RachDaRachRachDaRach member
    edited February 2016
    My daughter, now 4, always did this! We used to put her at the very bottom of her crib/bed and she'd still bump her head on headboard at some point. Now she doesn't really move up in the bed, but all around. I never know how or where in her bed I'm going to find her in the morning!
    <3 Rachel <3 
    BabyFruit Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes my baby boy kicks his legs in the air and is grunting and he moves himself down! It is so funny!! I just recently moved him from sleeping in bassinet to pack n play so I can see him. 
  • Options
    My baby does this all the time. I found him like this during a nap today. He started out straight.