Trouble TTC

what should I ask/ say during telephone appointment?

So today I got the rest of my results back.  My dr ordered cd3 testing and with other hormonal testing and full std work up.  Everything came back normal. I got an email saying, " all lab work is within normal limits.  No further action is required." That's it!!! No further action plan.  I feel like she is blowing me off.  Probably doesn't even remember my face, and couldn't care less about my results.  So I called the office to get more info and find out what I should do next. ..I was told in the past that once I completed these test I could be referred to shady grove fertility center.   The nurse couldn't really answer my question.   She set up an appointment for a telephone appointment.   The last time I saw her I feel like I didn't ask her the right questions or bring up the right medications. ....my question is, what are some things I should remember to bring up.  Any other test. ..medications, .  I've already had an hsg.  We know that my husband has low morphology. 

Re: what should I ask/ say during telephone appointment?

• So this is your OB/GYN, or an RE?  You should not be the one bringing up medications to your doctor--s/he tells you about your test results and your options.  At that point, it's important to ask questions, but there should be some info provided by the doctor.  

I've heard good things about Shady Grove.  I'm in the DC area and go to a different practice, feel free to private message me if you would like the name.
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • :hi! Thanks for responding! Well...I have kaiser permanente and they will not refer me to an RE...(which would be at shady grove)  until all cd3 tests, std test, and hsg is done. I've been told that they send all patients with fertility issues to shady grove, but I know that usually the dr. Brings up the medications if needed or at least the next plan of action. ...problem is that this dr doesn't seem to care.   I had to ask her three different times for an hsg, and had a substitute dr while this dr we out of the country and the substitute dr went ahead and ordered the cd3 testing.  This dr is more of a relax and it will happen if it's meant to be kind of dr.  She made me feel silly when I brought up my charting with bbt. Told me to just stop all that, relax and have sex.  I have a telephone appointment with her that I requested. ..she hadn't even planned on discussing what to do next with me.  I Felt Intimidated By her  the Last time We Talked On the phone and didn't know what to ask her.  I feel like I'm talking in circles here and not articulating my question properly. Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • BrightenMySkyBrightenMySky member
    edited February 2016
    How long have you been TTC on your own?  The general wisdom is 12 months or 6 months if you are "advanced maternal age"--if you fall into those categories, I would push for the RE referral.  Maybe I misunderstand, but it sounds like you've checked their boxes in order to get a referral, no?  And again, I've heard good things about Shady Grove, so I think you will be in excellent hands.  I would not mess around with doing meds with an OB/GYN who may not monitor you as an RE would, especially since these docs are showing they are not helpful here.  

ETA: Are you wanting to ask here what your options might be?  You can search the boards here, or post a question with your specifics.  For a clear HSG and a morphology issue (our dx, too), my RE recommended IUI w/Clomid and Ovidrel trigger.  I am happy to answer questions about that, if that is what you are looking for.
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
  • katbbkatbb member
    edited February 2016
    We've been trying for close to two years.  I think what I'm asking is, what my options are now that the testing part is out of the way?  You answered my question.   I'm hoping that we can get in with an RE within the next couple of cycles.  She actually got around to emailing me a more detailed response.   So I feel a tad bit better.  She says that once she sees my husband's SA results and notes from the urologist AND the urologist feels that we would need an iui for pregnancy,  then she will write the referral. 
  • I am glad you got a more detailed response.  And remember that while you may not *need* intervention (meds, IUI, IVF, etc.) to conceive, it can make the process go more quickly and help you feel more in control.  There are plenty of us here with MFI issues, including morphology, so feel free to post more questions as you move forward on your journey.  Good luck!
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
  • Thank you!
  • The telephone appointment went well... I guess.  It was nice talking to her and not going back and forth through email.  Long story short...after my husband's second sa in march,  we will either start clomid if his sa is normal, and  If his sa is still abnormal she will be handing me off to shady grove.   She saw in his drs notes where his urologist wasn't concerned about a 2% normal morphology.   She of course disagrees, and will be contacting his directly.