Trouble TTC

New ,questions about Vitex

Hi everyone

Last June I miscarried at 7 weeks. Just 6 weeks later I became pregnant with my daughter. She was born still at 23 weeks on 12/10.

Since then I have had 2 periods. Both luteal phases were only 4 days.

I bought vitex and red raspberry leaf. I am currently on cd6. Do I start these right away?

Re: New ,questions about Vitex

• I am so terribly sorry for your losses.  

Are you working with a naturopath?  I wouldn't be taking vitex without working with one,  personally. 

Good luck.

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• So sorry for your losses. I have no experience with raspberry leaf, but my midwife said to take my vitex everyday of my cycle except if I think I might be pg. So I would knock off the couple of days before af's due. I'd double check with your practitioner, but you should be able to take the vitex now at least.

I'm new to gifs, but I have a huge arsenal of memes!
    Wish I could make human babies like I make plant babies!

There's a gazillion of them!!
    Married to  for 3yrs w/5 furbabies :*
    TTC for 2 yrs.
    One loss at 9 wks, May 2014
    Two chemicals before TTC
    Preparing for infertility testing

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry. I would check with your doctor about taking vitex. I know I've heard a lot of people take it and I took it for a couple months when we first started TTC bc of my irregular cycles but my dr (who had never heard of it) said not to take it. I also ended up needing an ultrasound (due to unrelated pain) and the dr said my ovaries were puffy and overstimulated, a side effect some women get when on clomid/ovary stimulating meds. So it seems the vitex was too much for my body.

I'm not sure how to feel about vitex, but I would check with your dr.
    Pregnancy Ticker