Military Families

Due Date and PCS Date

So my husband is supposed to rotate later this year in Oct out of his current command.  I just found out I am pregnant and the baby will be due in Oct.  

Has anyone been through this experience with moving and giving birth?  Do they help move families early or later?  

Re: Due Date and PCS Date

• Hey, sorry for the late response, I've neglected this board for awhile. 

I am in a similar situation (due in July, husband's temp recruiting gig ends in July). The first step would be for your husband to call his branch manager (or enter non-Army equivalent here) to explain the situation and possible get an extension to stay where you guys are for a few months longer. Most ob's don't want their patients moving away until after about 6 weeks (normal recovery time in case you need a c-section) post birth. 

Good luck! I hope your birth and move both go swimmingly!
  • My husband has been e-mailing his detailer to make minor adjustments where possible, but there's only so much they can do.  I'm hoping we can move early so that I can give birth after we move rather than having him report for duty while I stay behind to give birth.  The timing is honestly pretty rough.