2nd Trimester

Shortness of breath

anyone else experience shortness of breath early?  Just sitting I can feel myself with overtime.  Only 14 weeks.

Re: Shortness of breath

• Yes. It was worse in my first trimester but went away for a bit once I got settled in to second. Every now and again I feel short of breath. 
  • i felt shortness of breath early on in 1st Tri, & it's only gotten worse as the weeks go on. i dont even attempt stairs anymore.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's normal! I've had this a lot! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You can look up what it means, but it's normal (I can't remember). I think it does get better as time goes on. I have trouble giving presentations and feel overly breathy.
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • It's caused by the rise in progesterone levels.  It's completely normal.
  • Do be careful though! I ignored shortness of breath thinking it was "normal" and went to the doctor when it started to hurt - turned out I had pneumonia.

I don't know if the shallow breathing caused it, or if it was going on the whole time and I ignored it, but if you are concerned and uncomfortable absolutely call your doctor. (Even if it is something"normal" - better safe than sorry!)

• My doctor said around the beginning of the first trimester the diaphragm gets compressed and you get 30% less oxygen than normal! Explains why many of us have breathing issues during pregnancy.