Pregnant after 35
Options

Irritable uterus

i am looking for any advice/info regarding irritable uterus issues. My first pregnancy was normal but ended in an emergent c section. With my second at about 16/17 weeks I stated having a lot of what I found to be contractions(lower front and back) regardless of hydration and activity. Although either of those made the contractions/ pain worse. Eventually ended up off of work and on meds and had to have another csection, where they found a lot of scar tissue and figured it was what caused the contracting. I am now 11 weeks with my third and am having significant Braxton hicks / small contractions already where it is very uncomfortable. Any advice from people who have had this before or starting early? I guess I am worried about work since I am on my feet for long hours when at work and wasn't comfortable the other day at all and was getting hard at times to keep standing. So please only helpful comments would be appreciated:) Thank you very much for your help:)

Re: Irritable uterus

• Options
    I also noticed BH beginning late in my first trimester. Mine also happen regardless of how hydrated I am, and I get lots while I'm lying there doing nothing! My midwife said that some people just tend to have a more "active" uterus than others, especially after multiple pregnancies. I would talk to your Dr. about your concerns regarding your previous c-section and being on your feet and see what she/he thinks. I can understand how you are concerned about them, especially at such an early point in your pregnancy. 
  • Options
    Thank you so much for answering! It makes me feel so much better to hear someone in the same type
    of situation. I work 12 hr shifts and don't know how I am going to do it and wasn't sure when to ask the doc. Yea I have a really tight belly and back with cramping and it gets a lot worse with activity.  Now hearing that this it's reassuring to hear other people understand this. I cant find any info on this type of thing in the first trimester so thank you!! I will call them tomorrow and see.