March 2016 Moms
Options

Headache lasting more then 2 days

I have had a headache for over 2 days now, it started with just the back of my head. But is now all over and makes my eyes hurts. Just had my prenatal checkup 3 days ago and bp and urine was normal. Anyone else have this happen to them? 

Re: Headache lasting more then 2 days

• Options
    Hormonal migraine? See if cold ice pack or some caffeine helps.
  • Options
    Idk that's what I was thinking but no I tried ice pack and hot compress and even drank a sweet tea hoping that would help. But nothing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I always had better luck with warm heat with headaches. It helps to expand the blood vessels. Try Tylenol as well. If you have more than 3 days definately call your ob and tell them.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    This could be something more serious, like a small amount of bleeding or an aneurysm. Please go and get checked.  

I am editing this to add that you should not wait. I am not a Dr but I am a brain aneurysm survivor and what you describe could be a big deal. 
  • Options
    Early on i had a headache for almost an entire month but i was prone to headaches and migraines before pregnancy and the howmones don't help. This last week the headache has returned but most sites say that hormonal headaches are normal around this time. Tylenol and a glass of tea helped and i used a heating pad for tension. I also made a trip to the chiropractor yesterday and plan on scheduling a massage. 
  • Options
    I've been experiencing the same thing. I've had a headache on and off since Thursday (today is Sunday). I was last at the Dr's on Thurs and bp and urine were both fine. Called the Dr and she said that if it persists to come in on Monday and have bp retaken. Everything else seems normal, but the headache is both annoying and worrying. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    I had a headache yesterday. Took 2 Tylenols then it was gone shortly after. Came back again in the afternoon/evening. Took 2 more Tylenols and it went away after. Really over this crap lol!
  • Options
    Not to alarm anyone, but my BP started creeping up just a little bit at my last visit and I had trace protein in my urine.  My doctor is not yet concerned about pre-e, but one thing she did tell me was that if I got a headache that was not relieved with a normal dose of Tylenol, I should call the office before my next appointment and be checked again early.  So I think this severe of a headache at least warrants a call to your doc.