Breastfeeding

Favorite pump?

I found out today that my insurance will allow me to get one of these pumps. I remember how expensive mine were in the past, and I sterilized them and gave mine away to a pregnant cousin. Does anyone have any suggestions from this list? My youngest is 6, but when I was pregnant last, Medela was the way to go... Any suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Favorite pump?

• I really like my medela but I haven't tried any other. I read some reviews on the freemie that said they leaked but no personal experience. 
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

• I have the medela and it's great.  I have also heard great things about the spectra.  You can buy freebie cups and use them with another pump brand.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had an Ameda with my first and it worked great. I EP'd so it got a lot of use. One of the parts got broken at some point between babies so I got a new pump this time around. I really liked that the Ameda was a closed system and wanted something similar. After reading a bunch of reviews online I went with the spectra 2. I'm only pumping once or twice a day right now but I highly recommend it. It has a let down phase (called the massage phase) and the expression phase, is a closed system, hospital strength, quiet, and most of all gentle. It also has a built in night light which is great if you pump in the middle of the night. I also use the night light for diaper changes so I'm not turning on a bright lamp. Only disadvantage to it for me is that it didn't come with a bag to transport it in. I ordered a bag from 31 that I hope works. 
  • I needed a hospital grade at first and started with a Medela Symphony rented from the hospital. Two months later I bought the Spectra S2 after reading various reviews and loved it - it was more comfortable and increased my output.  But for all those expenses, these days I hand express at work because I find that's the fastest and least annoying way...   For what it's worth I used the Spectra pump and all Medela parts (including tubing) without any problems.
  • I love the Spectra S2. I got more milk with it than I got with my Medela Pump in Style and it was way more comfortable.