1st Trimester
Options

I know this sounds weird, but has your baby come to you in your dreams? **loss mentioned**

edited February 2016 in 1st Trimester
I know. I know that sounds so weird and 'out there', but bare (bear?) with me. 

A little backstory - I'm just coming over here from the pregnant after loss board. To make a very long story short, after trying for baby #3 for more than 2 years, we finally got pregnant this past fall, only to find out I'd had a missed miscarriage at 13 weeks. Devastated doesn't even begin to cover it. So when, only 6 weeks after the D&C we found out I was pregnant again, I was terrified. I couldn't (can't?) even be excited because I am living every day with such extreme worry and fear. At only 10 weeks I've already had 2 scans - mostly to ease my fears because my doctor is amazing. And we've got another one scheduled for Tuesday - and I almost literally can't do anything other than wait for that appointment. This time around I've had small (we're talking super super tiny) amounts of bleeding and lots of cramps (which are totally normal until they're not normal). I have 2 beautiful little ones and never had any bleeding at all with either of them.

So that's where we are at this point. Just last night I was telling my husband to prepare himself for the scan on Tuesday because (due to the very light bleeding and cramping and that loss we are still getting over) I'm so scared we'll find another still heart. Sigh. 

And then, I had a dream last night. A very very vivid dream - the kind that stays with you all day. I dreamt that we had a newborn. I could see her, feel her, smell her. We were just doing random, daily things with her, running errands, showing her off to family and friends, etc. Girls - I can still feel that baby in my arms. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on our babies 'talking' to us before they're born? I know it sounds so bizarre, but right now it's giving me a ton of comfort to think that that dream was our baby trying to reassure me.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I know this sounds weird, but has your baby come to you in your dreams? **loss mentioned**

• Options
    Personally I never dreamt of my baby until 30 weeks along, then I had the most vivid dream of playing with the most precious 3 yr old with sandy blonde Hair and blue eyes. 

However, all my friends and family that have had children before kept asking if I had seen my baby in my dreams yet. They all had stories of how they had vivid dreams and even years later remember that baby. Some even said their child looked exactly like the dream baby. Pretty cool thinking that all these women had different backgrounds but the same story. 

Im not sure if your dream meant anything or not, but honestly, if it gives you comfort at this time then use it. We all know there is nothing that you or doctors can do if your baby is not meant for this world at this stage, but you and possibly your baby can benefit if you are calmer and happier. 

I wish you all the best of luck, and I hope that in a few (very long, most likely stress filled) months, you are holding your precious healthy baby! ((Creepy internet hugs))
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh it has oh it has absolutely been on my mind 24/7. Not surprising that I would dream about it. Just grasping at straws here :) 
  • Options
    Personally I never dreamt of my baby until 30 weeks along, then I had the most vivid dream of playing with the most precious 3 yr old with sandy blonde Hair and blue eyes. 

However, all my friends and family that have had children before kept asking if I had seen my baby in my dreams yet. They all had stories of how they had vivid dreams and even years later remember that baby. Some even said their child looked exactly like the dream baby. Pretty cool thinking that all these women had different backgrounds but the same story. 

Im not sure if your dream meant anything or not, but honestly, if it gives you comfort at this time then use it. We all know there is nothing that you or doctors can do if your baby is not meant for this world at this stage, but you and possibly your baby can benefit if you are calmer and happier. 

I wish you all the best of luck, and I hope that in a few (very long, most likely stress filled) months, you are holding your precious healthy baby! ((Creepy internet hugs))
    That's so cool to hear :). I had one dream of my daughter (our first) just before she was born and she came out looking exactly like I dreamed. 
  • Options
    A week before I MC my last pregnancy couple years back, I dreamt I was walking away from a hospital empty handed, Felt loss. Next week, it's exactly what happened. I was devastated. I am 5 weeks pregnant, no new dreams but I believe in them and a mothers intuition. With my son, I dreamt about him, I knew his face. I held him in a dream before he was born.
  • Options
    I think if this is something that eases your mind, speaks to your spirit and calms your heart during this time of waiting-- that you should go with whatever gets you through the day. I'm very sorry for your loss.

I haven't had this experience, but I also have never won a million dollars. Its doesn't mean that someone else cannot have such an experience. (((hugs)))

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I havnt had baby yet, (FTM) i had the most vivid dream about playing with our daughter (didnt know at the time but turns out we are having a girl) and she was quite fair skinned like me with my eyecolor but DHs dark hair. In the dream she was a toddler. We will see if she copies those features! I would go with whatever feelings you find comforting during this time of uncertainty. I pray for you and your family and good luck for your scan. Btw, i know my experience means nothing for yours, but in case you find it reassuring i had cramping and spotting early in this pregnancy and i am currently 34 weeks with a healthy baby : )
  • Options

I dreamed about 2-3 weeks ago I had a baby boy and I named him Dawson. My intuition has been boy since I found out I was pregnant. Then to have this dream when I was 7 weeks is like confirming my intuition.

However, It could just be my subconsious and this baby could be my surprise girl.

Me:24 ~~~~~ DH:26

High school Sweethearts 03/29/07

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

BFP 12/27/2015 EDD 9/8/2016

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't had any dreams about myself holding or seeing my babies (expecting twins and we are 11w4d), but I have had dreams of my friends having babies that are not pregnant. They all are like maybe it's really you that is pregnant (before I told them)! So strange!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I'm new to pregnancy. This is my first one & I'm 8 weeks tomorrow! I've always had very weird and vivid dreams, so I knew once I became pregnant, my dreams would get even crazier.
    Last night, I had my first one about the baby. It was so bizarre. My husband and I showed up to the hospital (after the baby had been born). Like there was no recollection of birth. And I remember the nurse telling me that I had the baby without any medications (which is my plan) and I didn't even remember it! It was like I was just "going to pick up my baby" SO weird.
    We got there. It was a baby girl with LOTS of hair. But she had been in hospital for 5 days because I couldn't think of a name. It was just a really weird dream. A co-worker of mine was in the dream too, and ironically enough he is a pediatric cardiac sonographer...So everything was just weird weird weird. I feel like it was all my concerns and stress thrown into one dream.
    My concern that my child will have a CHD, my concern for being able to do a natural child birth, the lots of hair because I've had so much heartburn, and not agreeing on a name.

Dreams are funny aren't they?