May 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC 2/5/16

2»

Re: FFFC 2/5/16

• Options
    @folamij Bonnie & Harlo! Find them in Instagram! 
  • Options
    People posting pics of their kids potty training. Seriously. I don't need to see your kid on the pot. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I kind of want a Kylie Lip Kit. :|
  • Options
    kami09 said:
    I kind of want a Kylie Lip Kit. :|
    Hahaha same
  • Options
    JennyS86 said:
    JennyS86 said:
    Sunshinebins Hey Lady - you are the Mama and you set the rules!  I totally get that you want time with your babes all to your self for as long as you want!   You have to communicate your wants and needs - that is the hard part, right?!
     ...and later you will want friends and family to come over - sometimes just to talk, and sometimes so you can go to the grocery store without the twins.  or just walk the aisles at Target by yourself. 
    My DH was super busy between 6-9months of the twins' lives, and I still thank my MIL for coming over for 2-3hrs twice a week.  I felt so blessed to have her nearby!

eta: PS, sometimes I still have to give myself the "You're the Mama!" pep-talk and the twins are almost 2!  At a recent family outing, they were eating  way too much junk food.  I went along with it for a while, but when it was time, I said, "we're done eating!"  and in-laws quit giving them food.  It wasn't malicious at all, just multiple people giving them so much food. 
    I think I just stress over feeling out of control, especially with the ILs. My own family I am way more comfortable telling to stop or whatever 

I absolutely agree!
     I think this is why I already started having this "what if" conversation with DH.  If we don't have a nicu baby this time around, do we want visitors at the hospital?  Do we want my family (out of towners) to stay with us?  DH doesn't enjoy the "what if" game as much as I do, but I think we need to be on the same page!

I also know that if I verbalize to him, I am that much more likely to stand up for what I (or we) want with the rest of the family!
    I've got the same anxiety! I'm very introverted when it comes to very personal times in my life.  DH hates the what-if game, but has agreed to deal with his side of the family wanting to see the LO right away. I don't even want anyone to come to the hospital but I don't think I can stop that. I want my mom there because she always gives me good advice, but my IL's stress me out!

I'm going to keep the "I'm the mom" mantra in mind!