TTC after 35

Taking a little break

hey, y'all. 

We talked to our RE today, and decided that we're going to wait until late April/May to get started on the next round of IVF, and use the down time for me to try to lose a little weight, and get some rest.  I've been on Weight Watchers a week, and I feel good about the program.  If I can lose 15 pounds, I might respond better to the IVF meds.  My last cycle was canceled for poor response. 

We're also starting the 6 month wait for known donor sperm (FDA requires a stupid quarantine), for my wife's eggs, if this next round of IVF fails.  I'm only going to try one more time with my own sluggish eggs.

I'll check in here from time to time, but I'm going to try not to be on this site too often-- I've got to get my mind on other things!  I'm wishing you all the best, and hopefully I won't see any familiar names when I come back because you'll all be over on the Pregnant after 35 board!
Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

Re: Taking a little break

• Good luck with Weight Watchers and with your next steps!!  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

•  @KLake42 xo

We aren't facing the same scenarios, but I know how dedicated you've been to this journey, and I know how heartbreaking it is to be on the roller coaster. I will miss you around here. I was wondering how you were doing and came to look for an update. 
    I admire your perseverance and your kindness to others on the board. It seems like some of us have been here a longer time than we had hoped. :(

Please do come by and update or send me a message now and again. I'm pretty sure once  April/May arrive, I will be here still TTC. Right now there's really no chance in hell for me, given my man's health. 

Best of luck to you with WW! It works! I will be joining my man on an Autoimmune Paleo diet (AIP) check it out...and cry for me, because I will be eating a very strict and basic diet for the next 1-3mo!
    haha. At least I can laugh about it now...that's because I haven't started it yet ;)

Have faith in this process and enjoy the wait time with your wife, to the fullest! Sending so much love! See you back before you know it! Xoxox
     <3 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Wishing you the best of luck! I hope you can have a nice break from TTC. Sometimes its just what we need both mentally and physically :-)
  • I wish you the best of luck and hope this break is just want you need to be successful in your journey!  You are a very strong person and you should be very proud of how far you have come thus far!!!!
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • *lurking

@klake42 I have been thinking of you and i'm so sorry for this past cycle. I firmly believe that your family will happen and you will be in my T&P as you take your break. Enjoy some time with your wife! There is a book that might resonate with you it's called "spirit babies" just google/amazon it and see what you think (you might think me a little crazy for suggesting it, but it might be just the right fit:) lots of love and light to you. I am rooting for you and your beautiful family!
  • @createillumination, I left you a pm. 
    Sometimes the app doesn't alert you if you're on mobile, like I am. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Wishing you well- be good to yourself during the break, you deserve it! 
  • @KLake42 Taking time to do some refocusing sounds like a positive step, albeit not in the planned direction. WW is a proven program. You'll do great and be back on track in no time.
  • Lurking...

Sounds like you've got some great plans in place. A break leading up to that sounds so healthy. Take care!