Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Scared it is happening again - Probable overeaction

Hi! I just introduced myself a couple of days ago, but I need some more support! DH and I got a BFP on our first try in November, but lost it at 5 weeks. We skipped TTC in December per doctor's orders, and now I'm KU again. I got my BFP at 9DPO on Tuesday. Yesterday I had some light brown spotting (only after BM on toilet paper). I immediately freaked out and had the worst night of sleep ever. Fortunately, my BFP hasn't faded (but it hasn't gotten any darker since yesterday) and my temp is still rising. Unfortunately, my mind is in sheer panic and my scant "spotting" has turned pink. I don't really have any symptoms at all, unlike the first pg when I had ALL the symptoms. However, my BFP is a much stronger line than the first one. I'm so scared it is happening again.

I know you guys have no way of knowing what is going on. I called my Dr. and am waiting to hear back. I also have an acupuncture appointment this afternoon. Just wanted to vent and see if anyone could say anything to talk me off the ledge. I spent hours crying last night, convinced I was having another loss. Now I feel like I totally overreacted, but I also don't want to get my hopes up too much. I'm not sure how to feel or what to think. :( Blah......

Re: Scared it is happening again - Probable overeaction

• Options
    First - congrats on your BFP!!!!! I'm glad to see you over here from TTCAL!!! 

Second - I was right there with you last month around my 3-4 week mark. Try to distract, likely it was implantation bleeding that got caught up and is old. Even pink spotting isn't a bad sign as long as it's really light. Hopefully your doctor calls back soon! I know being in limbo is so rough. I have my FX for you for a sticky baby this time! Lots of positive thoughts and vibes!!!!! 
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Welcome. I can totally relate to how difficult it is to be pregnant after a loss. To me, every single twinge sends me in a panic. I've had various fertility treatments over the years, and I recently called my RE because I've been having some cramping. They told me cramping is totally normal and that they often even see women with heavy bleeding go on to have healthy pregnancies. HTH!

<3 *Loss & bfp mentioned*

me 28 (Lean PCOS, hypothyroid) dh 33
    TTC #1 since early 2011
    May 2011- natural pregnancy (metformin only); m/c @ 9 weeks + D&C
    July 2011- lap to remove dermoid cyst
    August 2012-current- 9 rounds of Clomid, 1 cycle of Femara, several cycles of soy isos, 1 IUI, O'd every cycle, BFN
    August 2014- lap to remove uterine septum. Everything else looking good.
    Moving onto IVF Feb/March 2016 Just kidding. Natural bfp 1/30/16.
    1st beta 2/1 = 110. 2nd beta 2/3 = 332.

First ultrasound 2/19 - one baby with a heart rate of 127! EDD 10/11/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know how hard it is to get through those early weeks when you've had a loss. I too had light spotting around that time and am now 13 weeks with a healthy boy. Every pregnancy is different so it's usually pretty unproductive to compare to your previous one (and it can make you crazy!) my mantra is "Today, I am pregnant" - take it day by day! Good luck! 
  • Options
    I know it is so hard to be pregnant after a loss but you have totally got this. It's easier said than done but really try to find ways to calm your anxiety. I like to take bubble baths with candles and soft music and I tell myself a lot that "today I am pregnant". I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way! You've got this!!
  • Options

Thank you guys so much! I'm going to the doctor today to do my first HCG and progesterone test, and then I'll go again on Monday to make sure HCG is rising.

I went to the acupuncturist last night, and she actually did a point to stop the spotting. Within an hour, the spotting was gone and *knock on wood* hasn't come back since then. I can't believe she was able to do that!

Anyway, I did another pg test this morning and it is clearly getting darker, so I'm feeling much more optimistic! I greatly appreciate your support. This is tough!

@fireinwonderland - Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm glad to be here with you other TTCAL ladies. :) I'm trying to avoid my BMB until I get in for an ultrasound in a couple of weeks.

• Options
    Good luck!!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    Hey guys! Just wanted to update this. Betas are rising and progesterone is good. First ultrasound is March 1. Yay!!  :D
  • Options
    It will be here before you know it!!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    Yay!  :)
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)