LGBT Parenting

First IUI = Unsuccessful

Noellee2005Noellee2005 member
edited February 2016 in LGBT Parenting
Well, our two-week wait is over a day early.  V's period made its very unwelcome arrival today.  Thumbs down to that!

When V got home from work, I asked her how she felt about it.  Because my wife is a scientist, she answered my question by explaining to me our odds and talking about research (stuff I already know).  I asked again so I could get a real answer (hello, feelings?!).  V admitted to feeling disappointed, but I am clearly more upset than she is.

So, now we wait another couple of weeks for our next attempt.  Blah. 

Re: First IUI = Unsuccessful

• edited February 2016
    @l&v2016 I'm sorry to hear. Keep your chin up and focus on the next try! 

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @L&V2016 I'm so sorry for your BFN.  Sending you and V many good thoughts and wishing your next cycle a better one!
    ME: 28  Wife: 28
    Together since June 2005 - Married May 2015 - TTC since July 2015
    Dx: PCOS and Donor Sperm

**Trigger Warning**
    08/2015 at home IUI = BFN
    IUI #1 - 11/2015 - 50MG Clomid + 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - 12/2015 - 100MG Clomid + 150MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFP (Miscarried @ 13w3d)
    IUI #3 - 07/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #4 - 08/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = ???

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, Ladies!  I feel like I was kind of expecting it but when it happened, I was still sad, of course.  

I keep trying to think in the long-term:  once we have our baby, we wouldn't be able to picture our lives with any other child except the one that we'll eventually have.  It's just the initial waiting that's hard, as you know.

One thing that upsets me is that V and I took a long time to actually decide we would begin TTC.  Now that we've decided, it's difficult to wait any longer, does that make sense?  And, what if we waited too long?  Oh, well, we'll try again in a couple of weeks.

@twomommiestobe Your wife's egg retrieval is tomorrow, right?  Good luck!  I'll be sending all kinds of positive thoughts your way!

@vnegron87 I hope you continue to have a smooth pregnancy so far.  Are your clothes fitting any differently?  My wife prefers men's clothing to women's, so she and I crack up about the maternity wear that will be available to her once she is pregnant and her men's pants and button-down shirts begin to get too tight! :smile:  
  • @L&V2016 it's funny that you asked, I had to use a rubber band to hold my pants closed yesterday.  I'm thinking about getting a belly band.  Maybe that'll work for V for a little once your LO is conceived and growing :-D.  I've heard some women have gone through a few month with just using a belly band before having to buy new clothes.  As for me...it may only work for a month or so (don't tell my wife, I'll use any excuse to buy new clothes :-) lol).

@twomommiestobe GL with your wife's egg retrieval!  Sending you so many well wishes, hope it goes smoothly! 
    ME: 28  Wife: 28
    Together since June 2005 - Married May 2015 - TTC since July 2015
    Dx: PCOS and Donor Sperm

**Trigger Warning**
    08/2015 at home IUI = BFN
    IUI #1 - 11/2015 - 50MG Clomid + 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - 12/2015 - 100MG Clomid + 150MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFP (Miscarried @ 13w3d)
    IUI #3 - 07/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #4 - 08/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = ???

• I have a friend who also preferred men's clothes. She just bought bigger men's clothes and I think toward the end she didn't go out much as I don't remember seeing her! You never know how V will show. I didn't really look pregnant until 30 weeks! 
  • Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. I was going to ask if you tested early but I see AF arrived first. I hear ya on waiting to decide for the perfect time then it doesn't happen right away. I remember last December having breakfast with my best friend, crying asking why I wasn't pregnant yet. In her attempt for comfort reminded me that it takes 6 months to build a Roll- Royce :wink: 

@vnegron87 I tried a belly band from Target and did not care for it. It was a pain to pull down and adjust all the time. I much preferred maternity jeans as they are SO comfortable. I also showed very quickly though. I know why now, my son is huge lol.