TTC after 35
Options

TWW - What have you googled in your time of waiting?

Inspired by @rspalding001 's post about the TWW - what crazy things or not so crazy things have you Googled about in your time of waiting?  Things that you were convinced must be some sort of sign.  

I'm TTC#1 so I think that also plays a role in how much I look into these things being brand new to it, but again, each pregnancy is different so I'm sure you could go BSC no matter what # your are TTC.  Mine so far has been noticing things about my breasts.  I know of course that there are some changes in them when you're pregnant, so I started feeling mine at times during one TWW and I was convinced that something was different...the sides seemed to be harder or something.  So I googled where your mammary glands are located and it appeared that they were on the outer sides.  I was convinced that was a sign I was pregnant.  I kept feeling them throughout the TWW like an idiot.  I will not be going down that road again unless my breasts are like the size of melons or something.

I've also just googled things that I knew were early signs of pregnancy just to read more about them, that maybe I was experiencing them.  Like sensitive/sore nipples - I don't get those with my period but did one time and thought I was pregnant.  One time for about a week I had to pee a lot at night after I went to bed, so I googled that.  Then of course once I saw a dot of light brown in my CM and thought for sure it was implantation bleeding, which I knew nothing about except that a friend had mentioned it one time.
Me: 41
Husband: 40
TTC#1 since 9/2014
Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally

Re: TWW - What have you googled in your time of waiting?

• Options
    Ha ha...

So I typically always google due date based on ovulation, baby names, when I would take my maternity leave, when I would come back from leave etc. Lately I have googled ovulation pain since that is relatively new to me. Ashermans syndrome since I'm nervous about scar tissue and implantation. I always end up revisiting the issue of multi vitamins for some reason and wonder if I should stop drinking the protein shake I have in the morning since it also has additional vitamins in it. Otherwise I don't look into much symptom-wise since in my experience I don't have any until around 6-7 weeks when morning sickness hits.

I used to google things like how soon you could get a positive on a home pregnancy test but now I know my own body well enough to know the answer to that question so no mystery there!
  • Options
    Ha, ha!  I'm in the midst month 3 of ttc, but I obsessively googled implantation bleeding v. period when AF first arrived and it was very light in the first months.  Also obsessively googled; "earliest signs of pregnancy"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great thread topic @jennh75b

I've had my fair share of ridiculous googling, such as...there was one week & I had horrible, excessive gas. I'm talking REALLY bad. Surely it's because I'm PG, right?! So I consulted the Google...and...not so much. I think I just ate too much lettuce. Haha! However my DH has probably caused me to google more ridiculous things than even I could've thought of! He thinks everything is a symptom. He is always telling me my breasts look/feel different & he's sure it's because I'm KU. Sometimes when we have sex, he says it "feels different." Must be KU. And then there was that one time when we went out of town for NYE & stayed at a not so classy hotel/motel (because someone, ahem, DH didn't bother to check reviews. One trip advisor review was actually titled, "I was offered both drugs & sex with a prostitute on the way to my room"..but that's another story!) Anyway, A few days later I was covered in some form of insect bites, that I imagine were bed bug bites, & DH was convinced I was having some sort of reaction to being KU and had hives. Also, when I woke up hungover on NYD...he just knew that I felt like hurling my toenails up because I was KU. Nope. It just seems that whiskey & champagne aren't the greatest combination. (Honestly makes me want to hurl now thinking about it, ugh!)  I'm not so graceful anyway, but occasionally I have a week where I'm even clumsier than normal. He says my balance must be off because I'm KU. It goes on & on...it's actually getting to be quite humorous! 
  • Options
    I'm not big on googling symptoms because I get a lot of pg symptoms right before AF anyway, but this last week my period was two days late and (despite two BFNs) i really got my hopes up. I googled "itchy breasts" and "burning nipples" because those were two very weird and unusual symptoms I'd had in the last week. Thanks to google I found out neither are very common early pregnancy symptoms, so it kind of confirmed the BFNs for me. Haha. 

There was a period of time when I was on BC years ago that my period just stopped happening for about 3 months. I had about 4 negative tests with my Dr. Who couldn't tell me why I suddenly stopped having a period. During that time I googled everything and anything (two days feeling tired, one day really happy, one day crying over stupid things, etc), although at that point I was terrified of being pregnant....I was actually trying to break up with the guy I was with at the time. I think I was just extremely stressed out. Once I broke up with the guy my period returned! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Kaessi - thanks for reminding me...I had bad gas one time, too - like several days - and was convinced this was also a sign.  

I never share my BSC googles with my husband.  I don't want him to get his hopes up or know just how BSC my mind works.  One time I was a day late and told him if I'm another day late I'm going to take a test because I'm so regular.  He kept his cool and was like, ok, we'll see.  But alas AF came that evening.
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • Options
    OMG! this is great!  Ya'll are gonna see how crazy I really am now ;)
    obvious things like cramping, breast tenderness, headaches, congestion...
    but also:
    bowel issues, discharge, types of cramping, Mittelschmerz 
    Even the day after BD'ing, I am convinced I am pregnant. 

**child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
    MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
    BFP 8/26/2016

• Options
    @happyktmom I have also googled "excessive discharge" and every type of cramp imaginable. Today (I think I'm 5DPO) I was complaining to a co-worker about how I've been eating right & exercising regularly, yet I've gained some weight in the last few weeks & it's making me frustrated. She says, "Maybe you're pregnant?" And I reply with, "Maybe!"

Yeah right...the BSC is setting in early this time!

• Options
    EDD, Chinese gender predictor, Chinese astrology sign, western astrology....symptoms of course...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Darn it! Yesterday I googled how to naturally thicken your uterine lining and one page said not to drink coffee, WTF. So yeah, now I'm not having my morning coffee because of this stupid article. I'm compensating by having a hot chocolate with whip cream. Darn you Google!