Options

Monday Bitchfest

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Options
    Blush is delicious 
    and expensive :#
  • Options
    @frogdog06 we live in the bay area too, and I feel ya! Luckily we got into the market in 08 when it was very low, but I couldn't imagine trying to get in now...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SarahMConnors - I am not at all minimizing all of your bitch-worthy issues, but I think just a few words near the end of your post summed up the whole of your troubles... "Over-thinking EVERYTHING".

Breathe. Family will surprise you with the joy of little ones, even if it takes a little while for the news to set in. Babies really don't need as much "stuff" as you think (although we have enough for an in-home daycare for our 1 year old). You can do this!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I told my grandma  (who raised me) that I'm pregnant today. They've had my 3 year old dd for the last 10 days as I've been sick with the flu (and all day "morning sickness"). I put a shirt on my dd that said "promoted to big sister effective September 2016" and waited. I watched her read it but she said nothing. 

A bit later, we walked to the car and asked if she read the shirt. She gave me a weird look and went on a rant on how I don't need another excuse to have a dirty house (my house isn't pristine but it's clean).

It broke my heart that she couldn't be happy for me. She knows we've been trying. Yet that was her response. I confronted her and asked what was so hard to be excited about. What ever happened to congratulations?! 

When I told her I was pregnant with my daughter, her response was "oh shit. Why would you do that?". But I wasn't married at the time and had only known my so for a year so I understood. But now?! 

I just don't understand. :( I'm heartbroken 
    @SamiiWaters I'm so sorry that she did that to you :( That's awful! I haven't told my family yet aside from DH, my sister and my cousin (cousin has a 7 month old so she's my go-to for all things about pregnancy). I know when my aunt was prego with her fourth kid, she told my grandma (her mother) who had a similar reaction to it as your grandmother had to you- she said "well, I'm not watching this one too" and some other BS about not being excited. It's not right for anyone to be that way towards you. Sure, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but hey can still be respectful of your feelings. Try not to let it get to you. She will probably feel very different when the baby arrives, and as it gets closer to then. In the meantime focus on you and that baby you're growing and try to bask in your own happiness <3

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oops accidentally posted mine on O16 while lurking...

I have soo much to do at work that requires me to transport kids around and no one is helping me out. I have so many other things I need to be getting done but have no time. I can't help but think that they would be jumping up to help if they knew I was pregnant!
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016