April 2016 Moms
Options

Hospital Bag Thread

2»

Re: Hospital Bag Thread

• Options
    So what do we wear during delivery? Hospital gown or can you wear like a moomoo or something?
  • Options
    ejled said:
    So what do we wear during delivery? Hospital gown or can you wear like a moomoo or something?
    I wore the hospital gowns with a zip up hoodie and fuzzy socks pretty much the whole time I was there. You can talk to your OB about what you want to wear during delivery, just know anything you're wearing will get baby goop on it when they put them on your chest. 
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with most of the stuff posted, but I have a few to add.  With DD we had to stay a whole extra day in the hospital due to her low biliruben (spelling?) count.  I was glad to have a nice, pink blanket to lie her on and take some pictures.  We also used it in the ones the hospital took of her.

I plan to take a small baby blanket (that isn't the stripped hospital one) for a picture "background."  And now that I read all this stuff, I'm think about packing a coordinating outfit for my daughter that will match DS's going home outfit.  I'm not sure which grandparents she'll end up with when DS makes his debut, so I think it would ease my mind having her "picture outfit" with me and we could always change her at the hospital.

I know all this picture stuff sounds fussy, but if you have a normal delivery and a healthy baby, there's a lot of down time at the hospital and you can only stay on Facebook and play mindless games for so long.  I took pictures to pass the time.
  • Options
    ejled said:

I wore (and am planning the same this time) the hospital gown and robe they provide. 

You can plan to wear what you want, but keep in mind it WILL get messy and you may end up throwing it out after. 

You also want to make sure that whatever you do wear (if it's not the hospital gown) leaves easy access for the staff to do their job.  Like I wore a sports bra and found out after I already had the IVs in that if I wanted an epidural, the anesthesiologist would not allow me to keep it on (so either cut off or tricky maneuvering to get it off and around the IV pole.