June 2015 Moms

Baby's first words

So yesterday at night I could swear my 7month son said "teta" which is Spanish word for bottle. He repeatedly said it. Which I thought It was just a coincidence. Until today he said it again and again. It's a very exciting feeling although I was hoping he'd say mama first. Has anyone else experienced the joys of a first word?

Re: Baby's first words

• My LO has been saying dada and mama for a few weeks now. I'm pretty sure she's just learning and enjoying making those sounds though. 
  • Lo says Mama all the time. It's so cute.
  • Loading the player...
  • LO was saying mamama and da dada a lot. This past week I think he has been saying it for me. he has been calling out mamama when he upset. Such as when he wants out of the exersaucer and wants to be picked up
  • We started with baba around 5.5 months and she's now expanded to Dada and mama as well.  But we don't count them as words since it's clear that she's not referring to anything specific when she says them.  Ad soon as that happens we'll count it.
  • I think I've heard a consonant 4 times but I also sometimes think I've imagined it and we are 8 months today. He does army crawl a lot so I like to think he's just focused on that
  • My baby says dada, but it's pretty evident that it's not a word at this point.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • LO is being raised in a bilingual home. He has been saying mama for quite a while now and recently starting saying papa/dada. He hasn't made the connection specifically to me and or my DH respectively yet but he does know to say that to get our attention. 
  • LO has been saying "mama" for two weeks now and it melts my heart every time. Still working on "dada." I can tell DH is a little jealous lol.
  • For us, we counted DD's first word as one she didn't babble.  Her first word was when she pointed to a picture of herself hanging in the hallway and said "baby".  It does get kind of hard to tell since they can babble a lot of things that sound like words but we counted it when she said a distinct word.
  • For us, we counted DD's first word as one she didn't babble.  Her first word was when she pointed to a picture of herself hanging in the hallway and said "baby".  It does get kind of hard to tell since they can babble a lot of things that sound like words but we counted it when she said a distinct word.
    Thanks!
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• corndogrobotcorndogrobot member
    edited February 2016
  • Mine goes dadadadadada which has been fantastic when she needs something because I say 'oh I'm sorry babe she clearly wants her dad to do this' and he does it! I'm cool if she holds out learning mama because I'm going to milk this dada thing for a bit.
    I do the same thing!  LO has been saying "hi" & "dada" for awhile. Tonight I finally heard a "mama." I don't really care if she knows what the words mean yet it's just cute to hear her talk!
  • I think I'm going to count his first word when it's not mama, Dada or baba. 
  • He says mama, dada and "key" for kitty. They could just be babbling still but sometimes when he says mama I could swear he is calling for me. Or when he says "key" it seems like he's greeting the kitty. Except when he says it at other times, lol. And when he says mama to the daycare teacher. Anyway I know how we react to those words is partly how he'll learn what they mean. So I react like they are meaningful. 
  • My first word is written down as dada at like 7 mo. Bummed as we know better now and that totally wasn't my first word. My SIL said you'll know when it is associated. One of her kids said Tuc when a truck was driving by (his older brother loves trucks)
  • Walked in the room after LO slept 9-6 by the way & LO said "hi mama" sure as day. Could've been coincidence but the mama in me says it was intentional.
  • We're all about the "das" right now so dada is all we hear.  
  • Momma , dada , buh buh , hi , hey , bye