May 2016 Moms
Options

Going home outfit

This came up on the weekend ticker change thread and I thought it deserved its own thread... What do you plan to dress baby in when you bring him or her home for the first time? I have a few cute onesies (0-3m) but I'm undecided on the going home outfit for baby boy F. Share your thoughts and any potential going home outfits for your LOs here!

Re: Going home outfit

• Options

Here's the one I picked out (along with baby's first book/toy/blanket [that my mom made!]/STFU I'M TRYING TO WORK machine). The design made me laugh -- I don't know whether that stunnned-looking groundhog is mirroring my expression or the futurebaby's, but I'm sure it'll be at least one of ours -- but I doubt this particular onesie will be seeing a ton of use beyond that, since it's a pull-on design and everything I've read suggests that snap and kimono garments are more practical for daily use.

Still, for $17 off Etsy, I can't regret it even if we only end up using it the once.
    003.JPG 70.9K
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No idea lol
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    DS wore a cotton sleeper home, this one probably will too. Maybe he'll wear a long-pants romper since I have some cute ones in 0-3 size now. Really, for the first week. I kept DS in extremely comfortable clothes that were easy on, easy off. He graduated to cute onesies a pants after that.
  • Options
    I like things like this - classic items you can keep as mementos. I like the onesie just for fun. 
    My outfit is #3! So soft! Added some white hand knitted booties my mum's friend made for us.
  • Options
    Need some team green ideas over here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Options
    JennyS86 said:
    Need some team green ideas over here!
    With my first, I had a little girl, and a little boy outfit. 
  • Options
    caterin said:
    I like things like this - classic items you can keep as mementos. I like the onesie just for fun. 
    My outfit is #3! So soft! Added some white hand knitted booties my mum's friend made for us.
    I'm going back and forth between 1 and 3! I'm in Texas so while May isn't the hottest month, it's already pretty warm. I'm wondering if 3 is too warm but it's definitely my favorite. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    caterin said:
    I'm going back and forth between 1 and 3! I'm in Texas so while May isn't the hottest month, it's already pretty warm. I'm wondering if 3 is too warm but it's definitely my favorite. 
    I live in Texas as well! I'm a FTM. You could be right! Never know the temperature here. But they are so small, A/C is blasting everywhere. I think for going home it will be fine. Love #1 by the way as well!!!
  • Options
    I haven't even given it any thought.  
  • Options
    This is one of our options but I have no idea whether I should NB or the 3 month size... 

• Options
    although it is not the best picture, baby girl will be wearing this home with a white onsie underneath and white booties or baby vans 
    <3
  • Options
    Nothing special. Taking a newborn and a 0/3 outfit. I figure I love everything I've gotten so whatever I pick from the array of clothes she has will be perfect.

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Lurking...

We brought DD home in the white hospital onesie. Both DH and I were so over being in the hospital we didn't want to waste any more time being there. We were also terrified to change her. Haha first time parent probs. Definitely take NB size clothing. You would be surprised.
  • Options
    I'm going to wait until after our baby showers to decide.  I'm sure we'll be getting a lot of cute outfits at those (my SIL said my MIL has filled an entire spare bedroom with baby clothes and baby gear already...which we have no storage for :/ ), so we'll probably just choose one of those.
  • Options
    Mom bought this for our baby girl before we knew it was a baby girl. I think the joke is on me now because she needs something sweeter to go home in.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    We have a little polka dot sleeper sack that we brought our first two home in. If I find it while washing baby clothes, I'll pack it for baby June to wear home too :) 
  • Options
    Sienna516Sienna516 member
    edited February 2016
    The only newborn size outfit/onesie we have so far is the one I gave to my husband to tell him we were pregnant. So I think we'll probably use that one maybe? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R0E2YD0/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687642&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00OW6OVH6&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0JFA1Z2YG13SC87A0NAK

Together 11/2008
    Married 9/29/2012
    BFP #1 8/26/15
    EDD 5/6/2016
  • Options
    For my first he wore a sleeper gown home, because that's all that fit! I knew he would be bigger (almost 10lbs) and I brought two footie outfits that were 0-3 month size that didn't even fit because his feet were wide and thick. 

This time I got the cutest outfit, so I hope it fits. (I took off the huge bow on the pants though) 
    Where is this from? I love it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @baby+vega I got it on Etsy. I think the sellers name is Olive loves Apple or something similar to that 
  • Options
    PYLWhammy said:
    daddy's favorite soccer team... just ordered them today!

QBF your DH has good taste!! Lol. My DH is a scouser so i follow by default. 

As for going home outfit, ill just be glad to be wearing clothing lol. 
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Options
    avidkeo said:
    PYLWhammy said:

I'm kind of the same way.. I follow because DH does :smile: though we have gone to Anfield a couple times and I must say it was so much fun!
  • Options
    I posted this awhile ago, but now that I'm seeing other peoples I'm rethinking my ideas. My mom got a Dior sleep sack for 0/3 when my brothers and I were very tiny and she gave it to me. It has little sail boats on it, and it's really soft since its older. I think it would be a good thing to go home in.
  • Options
    PYLWhammy said:
    avidkeo said:
    PYLWhammy said:

I'm kind of the same way.. I follow because DH does :smile: though we have gone to Anfield a couple times and I must say it was so much fun!
    Yeah anfield is so awsome! Got to sit in the Kop a couple of times. Even saw a couple of wins - so clearly wasn't tgis season :p
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Options
    I had an outfit picked out the first time around, it was 0-3 but it was too big. My baby was a little on the smaller side and a newborn would have fit better.