Pregnant after IF

Ending Progesterone in Oil

When we were released from our RE, I was told to take progesterone in oil up to 12 weeks.  My OB agreed.  I will be 12 weeks on Monday and am scared to just stop PIO cold turkey.  I'm wondering if anyone suggests cutting back to a half dose every day, doing a full dose every other day, or another option??  Advice from anyone with experience would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Ending Progesterone in Oil

• Go cold turkey. You will be fine. :) by 12 weeks the placenta has taken over production and the PIO is no longer needed. They will continue to monitor you at apts and if it's needed later in pregnancy (rare) they will put you back on it. I stopped at 9 wks and was very scared/wanted to wean off, but followed my RE/OB's advice and it worked great. I haven't seen anyone have issues stopping it yet. Anyone else?
  • After IF and having control over medications...it's so hard to relax and be a normal pregnant woman. I agree I haven't seen anyone have issues going off PIO around 12 weeks. I have seen ladies go off as early as 8-10 weeks, so by 12 weeks you should feel confident.  Good luck!! 
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Loading the player...
  • I went off at 6 weeks with my first IVF round and this time with my FET it was 12 weeks. Both times everything was perfect.  You'll be OK.  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET