Pregnant after 35
Options

(tw) it's not looking good with ER update

MamafestoMamafesto member
edited January 2016 in Pregnant after 35
Well, it appears my intuition was right. I woke up at 2:30am to bright red bleeding. It has stopped for now, but things feel similar to my last loss, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time. This will be my 2nd loss in 6 months and I am crushed, but I know I will pick myself up eventually. I have so appreciated the support of this board and wish nothing but the best for your pregnancies!

update: went to the ER and saw baby with strong heartbeat on Doppler. But pelvic exam shows my cervix is slightly opened. This indicates that mc is likely inevitable. Holding on to a shred of hope bc I'm human and that's what we do, but it's not looking good. The universe is cruel...

Re: (tw) it's not looking good with ER update

• Options
    Oh, @mamafesto... I am so sorry to read this. Will you call your doctor today? Please keep us updated if you can. In the meantime, I'll be thinking of and praying for you. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry. Hugs to you! Bleeding in first trimester is common so it may be nothing, or a sub chorionic hemorrhage, or something else instead of a loss. They're often impossible to distinguish. I'm glad it stopped though. Hope you can get in so where to be seen today. T&P with you today!
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Prayers for you. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm so sorry.  I'm glad you went to the ER.  I will keep holding out hope for you, because I fully believe in having hope. Thinking about you today.
  • Options
    Sporty1216Sporty1216 member
    edited January 2016
    I am so sorry too--is there anything they can do to help with the cervix? I, with @Piperella, will
    keep hoping.... 
  • Options
    Praying for you 
  • Options
    No no no. I'm seriously in tears thinking about you and praying it will be ok. I am so so sorry this is happening, I really wish you didn't have to go through this. I told @CarrieandRoy when she had a scare, that in chinese medicine we are trained to treat a threatened miscarriage.  If the pregnancy is viable, acupuncture can help stop the bleeding and possibly help close the cervix. It can't stop a mc that is inevitable, but for me I would want to try everything i could. If it's something you are possibly interested in and need more info feel free to ask here or PM me. I would love to help in any way I can and I am seriously sending lots of love for you right now. I'm so sorry :( 
  • Options
    Definitely rooting for you and baby! I hope more good news is on the way, but I understand wanting to be guarded too. I hope you can get some rest today. 
  • Options
    Oh @mamafesto, I'm praying and hoping it's the outer cervix and this will be a good outcome. Deep breaths:)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    ALL my positive wishes to you and baby @Mamafesto !!! I'm glad your OB had a positive view and that there is hope. Regardless of what happens, please take care of yourself.
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • Options
    Sending you positive thoughts!
  • Options
    I'm so, so sorry to hear this, but I'm holding out hope for you!  I'll be anxious to hear how things go tomorrow. Make sure to rest until then. When I had pink spotting, my dr had me stay off my feet until I came in. Take it easy and try to relax. Xoxo
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    Ugh so sorry to hear. I too would hold onto hope as long as I could. Praying for you!

Tried for DS for 1 year; one dose clomid Nov 2011 = DS born on 8/10/12
    BFP 6/30/15  MMC 7wks 5 days  D/E 8/9/15
    BFP 1/8/16 EDD 9/9/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mthoomommthoomom member
    edited January 2016
    Holding onto hope for you @mamafesto and that the bleeding is one of those fluke early pregnancy things. Hugs!!
  • Options
    Oh, I am so sorry to hear this.  Wishing you and your  family all the best.  I have been on both sides of the coin a pregnancy with bleeds (due to a full placenta previa) and one with bleeds that ended in MC.  The waiting for a definitive answer is so rough .  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @mamafesto - I'm thinking all the positive thoughts for you!!  I will pray it's your previous vaginal delivery that is causing this.  A baby with a good strong heartbeat is a good sign!  I'll hold onto that.  I'm glad your OB is more positive.  Could they do a cerclage at this early a gestation maybe?
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Thinking of you during this difficult time. I have hope that things will turn out okay. Hugs!
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Options
    Praying all works out for you and baby. If you can, try and rest until your appointment on Monday. Please keep us posted. 
  • Options
    I'm holding onto hope for you and praying that you get good news at your appointment on Monday.  Hugs to you and keep us posted.
  • Options
    Thinking of you this morning! I hope you're doing okay with no more concerning symptoms, and that you've managed to get some rest. Continued T&P!
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • Options
    MamafestoMamafesto member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for all the T&P's! Things seem to have stabilized  - no more bleeding and cramping has mostly resolved. I'm still concerned, though, bc I have a strange soreness (don't know how else to describe it) in my uterus and I just don't quite feel right. DP and I are waiting on pins and needles til my u/s tomorrow. I just wish there was some way to know one way or another how this is going to end. I'm sick of the emotional roller coaster. I'm a little concerned that the glob of brown tinged thick mucus I had the other night was my mucus plug and that my cervix is in fact dilating. Not sure what to think anymore. Just hoping to get some answers tomorrow and will update here when I do.
  • Options
    @mamfesto, been thinking of you all night. Did I miss that they sent you home from the er? Just rest all day and let your husband spoil you. All fingers and toes are crossed.
  • Options
    @Wyattnash00, I was sent home yesterday after The Doppler, pelvic exam & blood draw. They said there was nothing else to do and to check in with my OB on Monday. I've basically been on self imposed bed rest since and my DP has been a rock star catering to all my needs while taking care of our DS. I think he feels badly that there's not more he can do.
  • Options
    Thinking of you and baby and sending all my positive thoughts. <3

• Options
    What a great partner! He's doing exactly what he can, days half over, ur almost at tomorrow:)
  • Options
    Praying for you and the baby!!!
  • Options
    Glad to hear things are holding steady. Praying for you all and hoping for good news tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Sporty1216Sporty1216 member
    edited February 2016
    Thinking of you today, @Mamafesto and hoping your appointment goes well.....
  • Options
    Sending all my prayers, keep us posted momma:)