Infertility
Options

February FET Buddies

Re: February FET Buddies

• Options
    Hi @AandDM201! That's awesome I'm so glad you had a great transfer! 

Ours went well too!  All 3 babies made it through the thaw and the doctor said it was a perfect transfer! I've spent the day sleeping and resting.  Rubbing my belly and telling the little ones not to fight while trying to find a good spot.  The best part was that DH was allowed in the room with me to watch the transfer... it was the first time they allowed that!  I'm feeling very happy and hopeful about this!
  • Options
    Yes @PrayingMom2Be, lets pray you skip all of that and this time you'll have all the positive thoughts in the world!

Yay for good feelings about transfer ladies @christinav2015 and @AandDM2014.
    You girls did well. Now let your loved ones spoil you girls rotten while you are making babies :smile: 

Saw the adorable picture of you and your DH @ChristinaV2015. Very cute.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ChristinaV2015 That is awesome!! I'm curious if they gave you a reason why DH couldn't be with you. As far as I know my DH is always allowed in every room I'm in except the operating room.

@PrayingMom2Be Did you say when your transfer was scheduled for, or am I totally spacing and missed it?

@tvh1982 I have been enjoying having my mom take care of me. She made one of my favorite dinners yesterday in a large pan so there is enough for leftovers!!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    Good luck February frosties! Just dropping by to wish everyone luck. My FET is scheduled for 3/3. 

@ChristinaV2015 you're PUPO! Fingers crossed that you have one or two sticky beans. :smiley: 
  • Options
    @AandDM2014 no your not spacing out, lol. Taking BC till the 23rd then AF should visit 3-5 days after so I'm guessing early March for my transfer.

Getting a BFP this time around would be an ultimate 35th bday (March 25th) and 10th wedding anniversary (July 8th) gift!!! 
  • Options
    This evening I've been kinda out of character and rubbing my tummy while thinking to emby 1 and emby 2 to stick real good. I feel a bit silly doing it, but maybe it'll help! Anyone else have anything silly they do/say/think to their snowflakes?
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    Hi @Rachd110 , yay for having a day scheduled for your FET! I alsways feel like I can relax a little when knowing a date is set.

Haha @aanddm2014 I do silly things too.
    The first try I talked to it a lot, and said it had to hold on tight.
    With my FET I told my uterus something tiny would join and that it had to welcome it and hold it tight...just not too tight as it needs to grow.
    Then when my snowflake came I talked to it. Of course all in Dutch, but because my donor is Danish, I reckon, maybe the snowflake was confused, so spoke in Norwegian too (as my Danish is rubbish, and Norwegian is quit similar) so yeah...I'm a complete nut-case :wink: 
    Oh and to top it of, I showed the ultrasound picture to my cat last time and said it was his brother...
    I'm still waiting for those men in white coats to pick me up and lock me up :smiley: 

@PrayingMom2Be, lets go for the best birthday present ever!!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Options
    @tvh1982 the fact that you speak in two languages to the babies makes me laugh each time!

@aanddm2014 the day of the transfer when they announced they were putting in the embroyos I said "go get a womb."  Anytime I don't feel good DH tells me that it's because the triplets are fighting for the right spot.  I rub them all day long and pray over my belly.  I make DH say good morning and good night and if my pup is snuggling on my belly I called him my hen and tell him he's trying to make the babies hatch.  So we all do silly things... it's our motherly bonding instincts!

@Rachd110 I'm so happy you stopped by and that you're trying again.  Big things are in store for you.

@PrayingMom2Be I'm keeping your birthday wish at the forefront of my mind.  You got this, girl!
  • Options
    @tvh1982 Lol about showing your us to your cat! That is so something I would do!! I feel a little better now about talking to my tummy.

@ChristinaV2015 I always told my DH that when our kitty was laying on my tummy and purring that she was getting it ready for the embryos.

AFM - my mom is leaving within the next 2 hours. I'll be sad to see her go. I have to go into my clinic at least 3 times over the next 8 days, twice for blood work and once for a PIO shot as my DH will be at work during shot time. Again. But I find out in 8 days if it worked or not. I'm really really hoping this is the one!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    That's a lot of check-ups.
    Here it's like 'embryo is in, see you in 5weeks for an ultrasound if HPT is a BFP.'
    Wow 8 days...i feel like this cycle has gone faster than last month..but I'm not in my TWW yet, that slows it all way down.

Glad to make you smile girls. It's good to laugh a lot :smile: 

Keep talking to those bellies!

• Options
    @tvh1982 my clinic advises against doing a hpt and always does a beta 10 days after a 5 day transfer. I'm sure that if I wanted to, I could turn a hpt positive today, but that is only because I got 5,000 units of hcg injected into my tummy on Tuesday evening. I probably won't test before I go in next Friday, especially since I'd have to go and buy a reliable one (I have some cheap ones that I don't quite trust).

After my mom left I decided it was time to shower (as I hadn't since Tuesday morning) and I was waiting for the water to heat up and was rubbing my tummy and telling embys 1 and 2 how much mommy loves them. Lord help me if it doesn't work this time around!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @aanddm2014: here they give you two HPT and the day they want you to test. If in doubt with a negative HPT they recommend you do bloodwork.
    I don't feel comfortable with just POAS so I schedule bloodwork the day before HPT which is day 13. Just to be on the safe side.

I know the feeling about 'lord help me if it doesn't work this time around'. I am completely drained from energi, and what keeps me going is hope of a BFP, not sure I'll manage to stay up if I get another BFN.
    (positive is that I know on a Monday, and travel home to my mum on the following Saturday..so she can patch me back up again)

Today my colleague/my rock at work/friend is getting her embryo transfer. Her and I will be exactly pregnant on the same day, as hers are 2 day old, and mine are 5 day old.
    I so hope we both succeed, as it will be difficult to follow a pregnancy from just one of us.

• Options
    Well, I was right not to trust the cheap hpts I have. I did one this morning, and I should have at least 2,500 ius of hcg left in my system, but it was very clearly negative. Not possible. That's what I get for buying 100 opks and 10 hpts for like $6 on Amazon.

@tvh1982 how will you do a blood test if your clinic is in another country? Do they have you go somewhere local? That is great that you're going to get to see your mom shortly after your test! Hopefully both you and your friend get BFPs!!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    My general doctors office will take the blood test or hopefully send me to the hospital as I then know within 3 hours.
    So thankfully I'm allowed to be pregnant by a donor, just not allowed to get pregnant by a donor. Which makes it possible to get prope follow up close to home. 
    Once the BFP I will be treated like a 'regular' pregnancy. 

Amazing how those cheap HPT don't work. I bought 15 from this app Wish, doubt they are any good, but it keeps me from peeing on expensive ones :)

Definitely look forward to go home.
    Im so tired, I need proper care.
    On Wednesday I left the office an hour early, and only realised I did when the bus didn't show up, on Thursday after my tea break I went back to my desk to find different people sitting there..I was very confused, until realising I wasn't on the correct floor!
    I don't have my embryo placed back, yet I suffer from pregnancy brain :wink: 

Wishing you ladies a lovely weekend. 
    Let those hubbies spoil you girls!

• Options
    @tvh1982 I had no idea that Norway did not allow for egg donations. I just read an article about it. It seems a bit strange to me, living in the US where egg donation is quite common. I hope that everything will be okay for you even though you're using donor eggs (it doesn't say in your siggy that you are, but I thought that was the case and why you had to travel for it). And too funny about ending up on the wrong floor. That so sounds like something I would do right now! I hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend!!

I'm planning to go out soon to get more estrogen pills as I will run out tomorrow, then head over to my clinic for another PIO shot. I'm sure they're going to get tired of doing them for me!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @aanddm2014 I am not using donor egg, but donor sperm. As I'm single and ready for a child. 
    Had probably to do with the pre-stage of uterine cancer and being told, by mistake, that I could never have children.
    Right there it hit me, that I wanted them. 
    So when I changed gynaecologists and got proper information and been told that I still could 'house' a baby I looked into my options.
    I hoped of course I would meet a nice man, and thought I did for a little while, until finding out he had 2 other women he played house with. 
    On my 32 birthday I decided I could do without one too.
    If I was in a relationship, I would be allowed to do it in Norway. 
    They just changed it that lesbians are allowed to use donor sperm too, but not yet single women.
    Heard they are working on changing the rules, but that'll take a few more years. 

oh those PIO shots, I'm glad I don't have them. Pretty sure the nurses love to stick. My best friend is always asking when she can give me my B12 shot, she sais she doesn't get to stick enough at work :)

• Options
    @tvh1982 you're story made me laugh! I too have pregnancy brain already because all I do is think about my "triplets."  Some moments I just "feel" pregnant and other moments  (like right now) I sit wondering where that feeling went.  It's such a roller coaster.

@aanddm2014 my DH is away this weekend so I had to go to a friend's house for her to do my PIO.  We told her 11 year old twins what's been going on and how I'm currently carrying triplets and that I need these shots to help them grow.  They were so intrigued.  It's so interesting to me every time I share this with someone new, no matter who, and their reaction.

None of our family knows what's going on but most of our church friends do because they're praying for us constantly and want this just as much as we do now.
  • Options
    @tvh1982 So being single you aren't allowed to use donor sperm? That seems odd. Like its okay for one night stands to get pregnant, but a thought out pregnancy using a donor isn't? Too funny that your best friend wants to stab you with a needle!!

@ChristinaV2015 I wish I had someone close by that I trusted to do the shot for me! My closest family is about 90 miles away. The 9 mile trip to my clinic is much easier. We had to do our first HCG and PIO shot while on a family trip and both my mother in law and sister in law asked if they could watch my DH do the HCG shot. It fascinated them. Then a few weeks ago I was on an overnight with just them and had to do a Lupron shot and my mil wanted to watch me do it to myself. Lol. They're both so funny about it. I'm the first in their immediate family to do anything like this, so getting to watch it is cool for them. I blog about our journey and post it to Facebook, so anyone who follows me there probably knows that we're doing IVF. Even some people I'm not fb friends with know (my mom just told me a lady I used to babysit for asks her how we're doing [They are friends]). I try to be open about it, in case any of my shy-er friends experience the same thing and don't feel comfortable telling the world, but would feel comfortable talking with just me.

Lost my mind again last night. Shortly after getting in bed my DH got home from work and I felt some sharp pain in my tummy. I let him know they were already trying to kick me. I of course let emby 1 know it was okay to kick me (the one on the right side has been designated 1, the left side 2). Not that I know if there is 2 or even 1, but my mind doesn't much care at this point.

I hope everyone has some fun/relaxing plans this weekend! The DH and I may hit up Disneyland for a bit.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @aanddm2014, it's indeed weird they don't allow it. It has to do with costs (single moms don't come cheap) not enough donors (too many brothers and sisters) and Norway like to have equality (men can't, so women shouldn't have that 'extra' luxury...they only recently changed it for lesbians)

I love it that you are so open about it. It might indeed be easier for others.
    Im partly open about it. Friends and family know, some at work and some at training. If something comes up, I just tell. I both shock people by being single and going through IVF. 
    The hardest part I find that I have to explain over and over again that I can't get pregnant au natural. People like to tell me that if I had a man it would just happen.
    Yeah, no, not here!

It's nice having someone close by to help you with your shots @christinav2015
    Bet the twins had a few questions to ask.

Enjoy Disneyland @aanddm2014!

• Options
    Hi ladies, sorry I've been off the grid, I was travelling for work and just been too busy... Glad to be back home and happy to read about everyone's progress. We have a few PUPO ladies here I see! 
    @tvh1982 your transfer is tomorrow (Monday)?
    I'm back on gonal f injections, hoping this time around my lining will be thick enough for the FET. I have no clue how this is meant to work, but I'm a pro at injections by now so just going with the flow. Next u/s is on Tuesday so should hopefully know my transfer date by then.
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• Options
    Hi @flanners1 nice to see you back.
    Lets cross our fingers that that lining has done its growing and gives you a good result on Tuesday!

Im on for tomorrow and would like to say I'm ready. But I'm so exhausted that the thought of getting up at 6 and not being home until midnight is not looking welcoming.

I probably just need some sleep, and I'll be in a better mindset when I hear that at least one embryo survived and is ready to be placed back in its mamma :smile: 

• Options
    @tvh1982 I am gonna be hoping for you so hard this evening and tomorrow (You'll get on your plane before I go to bed tonight if I'm getting my time differences right)!

So I just got the call from my clinic with my 5dp5dt results! On Tuesday my estrogen was 389, today it was 342. My progesterone on Tuesday was 21, today it was 28. I'm not quite sure what those results mean, but I know they are good enough to keep me on my same medication. I'm really feeling like this is the one. Of course if it isn't, that means I'll be a wreck emotionally.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    Thank you at @aanddm2014, my long journey has started and I'm like "let's do this!"

Im so jealous of all the extra checkups you girls get.
    I checked with my colleague that goes through IVF in Norway if she gets the same care. She was like nope, as soon as the embryo is placed back I'm on my own. 
    I thought it was just me and my illegal business that didn't get a proper follow up.

• Options
    @tvh1982 you so got this girl! You are gonna rock your crazy transfer day schedule! How long do you wait after transfer to test?

AFM - I am definitely feeling lots of things going on in my tummy. I'm normally pretty in tune with my body and know how it feels from day to day, and for the last few days it has been different. And not like "I have bad gas" for 3 solid days different. Like twinges every now and then, some strong, some dull, some long lasting, some very brief. I'm really hoping this is the one, finally.

How is everyone else doing? We're coming up on the end of the month pretty soon!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    I'll know by 7th March, as I will book a blood test for that date. My clinic wants to know by 8th March I reckon.

Lets hope those are really good twinges @aanddm2014. We got to know our bodies pretty well, so when there's something new it must be a good sign. When will you know? I forgot the dates. Something tells me Thursday...?

• Options
    @AandDM2014 sorry you feel all those twinges. Hopefully it's implantation? It's awful how we always interpret something into every single little twinge we feel... Sending you lots of positive vibes. @tvh1982 you must be in the clinic by now. I am 6 hours ahead of you (in Asia) and crossing all fingers and toes. BTW, I also don't get any additional check-ups. Once the embabies are in, they are in, and they let me wait the 10 days until the beta. I guess every clinic is different, but I honestly don't mind to just try to keep my mind busy with other stuff during the dreadful tww. I'd be googling "normal" progesterone and estrogen levels daily... Fx to you ladies!
    Trying for nr 2

• Options
    So right now I'm PUPO! They didn't book me wrong this time :)
    My first embryo they took didn't look to good after a little bit so they took a second one. The first one didn't survive, but second one looked good! 
    So one is placed back, one unfortunately didn't make it, and 4 are still frozen. They let me wait all the way until the 10th March!! Omg that's over 2 weeks!

• Options
    Congrats @tvh1982 - you're officially PUPO! I didn't know they checked the embryos and simply thawed another one if they're not that good. Good to know. Two weeks is really long. Hope you can keep busy somehow. Keep us posted on your progress.
    I'll be seeing RE tomorrow and hoping all is good to proceed.  
    Trying for nr 2

• Options
    @tvh1982 Ugh, March 7th!!! That is soooo far away! I am definitely hoping they are good twinges! I've had more since last night and I'm so so so hoping they are the enbryos growing. I go in on Friday for my beta. I could probably poas earlier, but I've decided agaisnt that this time around. I'll just wait for the concrete numbers from the blood test. Congrats on being PUPO! Its a bummer they had to use two, but at least they didn't just thaw the one then say you were out of luck, come back next month.

@flanners1 I love feeling the twinges. It lets me know something is going on.

@ChristinaV2015 How is everything going with you? Have you had a beta already?
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    I know @aanddm2014..I would think March 7th too. Anyway I booked my beta for the 9th, they might have a good reason this time?

So excited about your beta Friday, keep having good twinges..something is going on there.

I am glad they checked this time @flanners1 as they didn't last time due to wrong booking. Its a standard procedure here in Scandinavia...only scary part is you could loose al of them..and whom knows, one might have enjoyed its momma's uterus after all.

You keep holding on @christinav2015 saw on the other board you were worried for not having symptoms. Don't worry too much, yours might be very kind to its momma and try not to make to much trouble in there.

Sending you all babydust, and GL today @flanners1...lets give us good thickness of that lining you have been growing!

• Options
    @AandDM2014 that's so great your beta is Friday! I was a 3 day transfer so my bets is on the 29th... leap day!  I continue to rub my belly and think of the triplets and hope that they have nuzzled in to their momma.

@tvh1982 thank you for the support.  I have twinge ever now and then on both sides and when it happens I rub and tell them to chill out in there.  Yesterday I was overly emotional and that didn't help with my symptom spotting.  I so desperately want this to work.  It's mean how these hormones make us nutty!  I'm sorry for the loss of your 1st little snowflake this time. :(

@flanners1 I'm glad you're still on the right path! I hope your lining is where it needs to be!

The PIO shots are really making my tush and back sore.  After 10 days of those needles I'm having a hard time lying on my side bc the muscles are sore and rock hard... BUT I'll take them for the next 9 months if it helps me and my babies!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the wishes ladies! Just got back from appointment and all looks 'normal'. Next appointment Sunday to check again and see if things are progressing well. If all continues as planned, transfer date is on 9th or 10th. 
    @AandDM2014 your beta is really soon! Fingers crossed that this is the one! 
    @ChristinaV2015 I've never done PIO shots but hear they are a killer. I got suppositories last time. Messy, but no pain. Beta on leap day - sounds like an auspicious day. 
    @tvh1982 hope all good with you and that you're embabies are settling in well 
    Trying for nr 2

• Options
    Thank you @christinav2015, even though that one snowflake technically just was a number to me I kinda feel sad. Weird how all of that works.

Oh those hormones, those lovely hormones. Jupp they make you nutty. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    29th is a auspicious day :smile: 

So 26th, 28th and 29th are noted in my calendar for positive beta's and thick lining.

• Options
    @tvh1982 I'm sure hoping you have a good reason to get a beta next month!!

@ChristinaV2015 I do believe that leap day is supposed to be good luck. I'm hoping that all three of them have nuzzled into you!! That would be wonderful, one and done! I hear ya about the PIOs. I am in near constant pain, though right at this exact moment, laying on my back on the couch, I am not. But as soon as I go to move I will be in pain again. I went in on Friday to have my nurse do the shot and she did it in a totally weird spot that has just been in so much pain since then. DH is too scared to do it in the same or opposite spot, and I'm kinda glad! I agree about doing it for the next 9 months if necessary though! Today will be my 29th PIO total. That is a lot of butt needles.

@flanners1 Yay for "normal"!!! It is what we strive for! Just a few more weeks! It seems like my beta is years away! Friday may as well be in the next century!

AFM - We had our first "incident" yesterday. While doing the PIO shot DH has to pull back the plunger to make sure he hasn't hit a blood vessel. It has never happened before, until yesterday. I think it shocked him more than anything else. He freaked out a bit and was like "what do I do?!??!" LOL! It bled a bit, but wasn't too bad. Had to change the needle and go again. Went perfectly the second time. Hoping that doesn't happen again!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @AandDM2014 we had the same incident on Sunday night and my DH had the same reaction! 

@tvh1982 how are you feeling??

@flanners1 I'm so happy your lining is cooperating!

AFM: I'm sorry I haven't been updating much, I've been so exhausted I pass out every night after dinner.  I'm considering POAS tomorrow which will be 9dp3dt but I haven't official decided.  I'm in this weird, hormone induced limbo of being certain it worked and certain it didn't.  Remaining hopeful and praying hard for all of us ladies!
  • Options
    @ChristinaV2015 That is too funny! I'm assuming it was also your first time, and that you were like nbd, whatever, while DH was freaking. We did that side again today and DH kept apologizing because there is a bruise from Monday and I had to keep telling him that it didn't hurt (because really, it isn't THAT bad). I totally understand about being tired. I feel like I could sleep for 12 hours a day with no problem! If it were me I'd wait. I know it is technically 12 days post ovulation (if you had ovulated and were a normal person) but it could still be too early. I really want to poas tomorrow, but I'm going to hold out until beta on Friday. I'm assuming your beta is next week (you aren't on the same tww board as me)?

Yes, @tvh1982 how are you feeling after your transfer and crazy day on Monday?

AFM - I've reached the point in my tww where I just know it hasn't worked and nothing will convince me otherwise. I started seeing a bit of pink when wiping this evening, which didn't happen last time. I know it isn't AF because she won't come until after I stop the estrogen and progesterone. Maybe it's a good sign. I am 8dp5dt today. Tomorrow I am going to Disneyland with my sis-in-law, her two kiddos and my mother-in-law. It'll be a chill relax day (we all have annual passes so don't feel the need to run around like crazies when we go). I hoping it'll help keep me distracted from thinking about my beta on Friday morning. Oh, and I finally got the call from the financial coordinator about paying for this cycle. 2 days before my beta. It's like they totally don't care when I pay, lol. I also go the bill from the embryology lab today. I'm hoping to pay them both on Friday when I go in, which means going in about 30 minutes after I usually would. NBD, but traffic will be worse and the wait time will be longer.   Can you guys tell it's been awhile since I've talked about some of this? lol!

I hope everyone has a nice rest of the week!!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @ChristinaV2015and @AandDM2015 I do not envy your girls, or your DH, with those PIO!
    PS, have you girls noticed how much you two are in sync? 

A nice relaxing day is just what you need @AandDM2015, Disneyland sounds like the pace to do so!

AFM, I am exhausted. My back pain is almost gone.
    (I travelled with slightly pain in my back on Monday, and after a whole day of travelling I was in so much pain that I couldn't sit, stand or lay down)
    so am happy that its almost completely gone as I can use my energy on this little snowflake.

All I do at the moment is work, eat and sleep (or don't eat dinner cause I fall asleep after work and wake up somewhere in the middle of the night and move from sofa to bed) I am literally done.
    This journey has been so exhausting, and am truly happy for being able to share my worries and journey with all you lovely girls.
    I booked my beta for the 9th March, and will see how long I manage to not POAS, I have tons laying at home, and from previous experience I know I'll give in after a while
    Off to my acupuncture appointment in a wee bit. She will do her last try to get that little snowflake all settled and to relax my brain from making over-hours :smile: 

Have a fantastic days lades, only do things that make you smile!

• Options
    @tvh1982 I have noticed that @ChristinaV2015 and I are basically the same person at the moment. I'm so sorry to hear about your back pain. That is never any fun, especially when no position is comfortable! Hopefully you'll make it a decent number of days before poas, so as to give yourself the best chance of getting a positive.

I'm still pretty firmly in the "this didn't work" phase, but I have noticed some more feels in my tummy this morning. Nothing like the sharp pain I was having a week ago, but maybe it's a good sign. I'll know tomorrow! I've asked my nurses to not wait too long to call me so they can put me out of my misery!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    Let's go for the 'it's a good sign'! @aanddm2014.
    Ill keep everything crossed!

• Options
    @AandDM2014 All fingers crossed here - will be thinking of you! 
    Funny how you and @ChristinaV2015 are so in sync. It's almost like they say cycles sync when you live or work together for a while! Maybe cyber chat helps us sync too ;) 
    Hope you get some rest @tvh1982
    Trying for nr 2