September 2015 Moms
Options

Poop!!

How often does your baby poop?

is baby breastfed, formula fed, or both?

has the consistency changed?

just curious as my 20 week old has started to have only 1 poop every second day and is exclusively breastfed and the last poop almost resembled peanut butter? 

Re: Poop!!

• Options
    barrelocarolbarrelocarol member
    edited January 2016
    EBF babies change their poop schedules frequently and especially around this time. 

We went from multiple times a day to about every few days or so. That's just our experience but our pedi said it's not an issue. These babies will always let us know when something's up. 

Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    MW5280MW5280 member
    edited January 2016
    LO stopped pooping multiple times a day around 2 months and is now a 1x/day kiddo. She sometimes skips but not too often. She's EBF and we haven't started solids yet. 

Have you started solids?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also EBF, no solids, 22 weeks and he is all over the place poop wise. But It's every other day pretty often. And then today he pooped twice. It's funny, I find that he poops at the sitter when he's there (only m w and fri) which works for me, lol! She won't cloth so it keeps my cloth diapers looking fresh  :D. I do wonder how gross the poop will get once they all start solids. 
  • Options
    My almost 22-week-old poops probably 3-5 times a day and the frequency and consistency hasn't changed much since he was born ... still the seedy, mustardy, liquidy poop. 

Exclusively breastmilk, no solids yet. 
  • Options
    16 weeks, EBF, no solids, he poops every 2 or 3 days and it is rather gooey- between green and yellow. Doc says not to worry, its all pretty normal at this age. Sounds like yours is pretty similar, as long as it's in the spectrum I've learned not to worry too much!
  • Options
    21 weeks 
    formula fed and started solids

I don't remember how often he popped when I was breastfeeding, but he normally pooped once a day since being on formula alone. Now that he's on solids, he's popping 3x a day and the consistency has changed 

• Options
    D15 Mommy- my LO started pooping every 2-3 days with the peanut butter consistency at about 4 weeks old.. He is EBF. I talked to my Pediatritian about it and she said it is normal. 
    When he does poop it is like blow out the whole diaper up the back, down his pant leg, all the way to his toes poop! 

• Options
    We were EBF but then I had a dental emergency after a drop in milk production and so we have loosened up about soy formula here and there as pumping just didn't work for me unless I wasn't nursing at all. So maybe 1-3 feeds a week are formula. 18 weeks. Poops once every 2-3 days. Thicker if formula, mostly wet when only BF.

honestly I'm a bit afraid of poops after we start solids!