2nd Trimester

13 weeks, cramps!

Hey ladies! This is my 1st pregnancy! I'm 13w3d today! And last night into today, I've been experiencing menstrual like cramps and tightness. I called my Dr and he said it is nothing to worry about since there is no bleeding. However, do you think I will "pop" soon due to this growth spurt?! :smile: 

Re: 13 weeks, cramps!

• what growth spurt? did your doctor mention something about a growth spurt..? most FTM's don't show until some time around 20 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Nerdchild said:
    ^^ this picture pretty much sums up how I am feeling about this post

First off, you are going to have growth spurts and cramps throughout the pregnancy. It is just part of pregnancy. Doesn't mean that you are going to pop soon, it just means that your uterus is growing. Second, FTM's usually don't show until 20 weeks?! Since when? Apparently my body didn't get that memo the first time because my belly was already changing before the 1st Tri was over. Everyone shows different, at different times, because everyone's body is different. 

::Fistbump:: @Nerdchild
  • Many FTM show later in their first pregnancy than later ones.  I'm 19 weeks today and still can easily pass for just being a little pudgy.  I had some crampy/stretchy feeling days around 13 weeks and here I am 6 weeks later with a small bump but I definitely haven't popped yet.  You'll show on your own time, there's no way to really tell.  
  • Thanks for the input ladies, I guess I just over analyze thing with this being my 1st!! :) I'll just have to be patient and wait for my bump to come in its own time!
  • FTM, I was 16 wks when i could see a slight bump but it was mainly noticeable by those really close to me. Way my more noticeable to the public at 19 weeks.