February 2016 Moms
Options

Burst of energy before Labor?

Hi Mamas! I'm 38 weeks and 2 days, feeling increasing pelvic pressure and lightning crotch for the past week. This morning I woke up early and could NOT sit still! Mind you, I'm not a morning person and I've been pretty low energy for the past few weeks but today I have so much energy that it's totally throwing me for a loop. I can't stop cleaning! I've heard that this nesting instinct is a sign that labor can come as soon as 1-3 days. 
Anyone else experience this shortly before labor? 

Re: Burst of energy before Labor?

• Options
    Hi Mamas! I'm 38 weeks and 2 days, feeling increasing pelvic pressure and lightning crotch for the past week. This morning I woke up early and could NOT sit still! Mind you, I'm not a morning person and I've been pretty low energy for the past few weeks but today I have so much energy that it's totally throwing me for a loop. I can't stop cleaning! I've heard that this nesting instinct is a sign that labor can come as soon as 1-3 days. 
    Anyone else experience this shortly before labor? 
    It's not a sign of anything other than your motherly instinct telling you you're close to your due date and should probably get as much cleaning done before you go into labor. You could go into labor any time between now and 4 weeks from now. 
  • Options
    I don't know about this but I hope I get an energy surge soon.  There's still quite a few things on my to do list but I can't keep my eyes open past 930, and after I get my toddler in bed all I want is to relax on the couch lol.  I'm torn between wanting labor to start and wanting baby to hold off a little longer...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I dunno how true it is either, but I just got a huge burst of energy today!  Its been really nice to finally feel good and be able to get some stuff done!  
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not to pop any bubbles, but I had a burst of energy last Saturday and cleaned the whole house and did many things on my todo list... still no baby and im 39 weeks now. Only sharing not to be a debby downer, but to maybe save some possible anxiety. I peraonally got pretty excited last week and even had my first 'strong' contractions/bh the following day,  but as the days past and no baby arrived I was consumed with anxiety (and this is unusual for me). Now im just trying to relax and enjoy this time and keep going about my days. 

But hey you never know, truth is our little bundles of sunshine could be ariving anytime now; and lets face it, it's hard not to get excited about that!

Meanwhile enjoy the extra energy! Hope that helps!  :)

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With DS I started furiously cleaning the house at 10pm (vacuuming behind furniture, dusting fans, etc). My water broke at 3am.

With DD I was a tired lazy mess for weeks leading up to my water breaking.