September 2015 Moms
Options

**UPDATED** Again. Otteroo

sdheft619sdheft619 member
edited February 2016 in September 2015 Moms
Just ordered the otteroo! Taking Adalynne swimming tomorrow so excited to try her first time in the pool! The otteroo won't be here tomorrow but looking forward to trying it out. 

Re: **UPDATED** Again. Otteroo

• Options
    I seen the video in FB and I want one for my girl. Where did you get this one from? 
  • Options
    You'll have to update on how she likes it! I would love to get one for LO but DH needs more convincing lol. I think LO would really enjoy it! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sdheft619sdheft619 member
    edited January 2016
    I got it from otteroo.com and its $35. They had a 25% off coupon as well 2016FREEDOM. 

Will definantly update to how she liked it!
  • Options
    Definitely keep us updated on how you like it. We took LO swimming for the first time last week and she loved it. Now she kicks like crazy in the bath. I think she would love this. 
  • Options
    Have fun swimming! We're going for the first time next week and I can't wait!
  • Options
    Those are cool! The other moms in DD1's baby group all had them. We only went swimming a few times when she was a little baby, so I didn't get one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So we tried the otteroo out in our bath tub tonight. She seemed to love it. She was kicking and pushing herself all over our tub. We plan on trying it out in the pool Sunday! Can't wait to try it in the pool!
  • Options
    What is it like around their neck? is it tight? How does it work?
  • Options
    @katythelady22So. On the inside around the neck is a smaller ring that their chin rests on. I would say yes, it was tight but not uncomfortably tight. It didn't bother her at all. The instructions say you should not be able to get a finger in easily and it should feel snug. And on the inner ring where her chin rests and around her face, absolutely no water got on/in there. You just open the back and fit their chin in the spot and hook the back. It was very easy and I wasnt as nervous letting go of the floaty as I thought I would be.
  • Options
    So we tried it out in the pool this last Sunday. It was one of the coolest/neatest things I've ever seen! She loved it. At first she just floated but then she kicked and started to move her whole body. She did awesome and I'm so glad we got it. Can't wait for her to go swimming in it again. She moves herself all around that pool. I was just standing by her. So cool!
  • Options
    heft619 said:
    So we tried it out in the pool this last Sunday. It was one of the coolest/neatest things I've ever seen! She loved it. At first she just floated but then she kicked and started to move her whole body. She did awesome and I'm so glad we got it. Can't wait for her to go swimming in it again. She moves herself all around that pool. I was just standing by her. So cool!
    This makes me want to get one so bad because LO loves water! I tried hoeing DH but he is freaking out about it. I might just get one anyways and maybe he will change his mind. 

Do you know what age they are recommended up to? We are travelling this summer and it might come in handy.

• Options
    I got a swimvana for LO! His just came in a couple days ago and I am so excited about trying it in our jetted tub! Thinking we'll have to do it this week.
  • Options
    @BrandiLaw87 it says babies older than 8 weeks and up to 35 lbs.