May 2016 Moms
Options

TGIF! What are you doing this weekend?

sarawifenowsarawifenow member
edited January 2016 in May 2016 Moms

It's Friday! Longest. Week. Ever. Any good plans for the weekend?

Re: TGIF! What are you doing this weekend?

• Options
    Working...UGH! 

Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    vinerie said:
    Working...UGH! 

Girl, you need to give yourself the weekend off! At least make some time to pamper yourself one afternoon.
  • Options
    @sarawifenow, that is so exciting!! I bet Cole is a cutie pie ;)

Tomorrow we are going shopping. Target for some baby things. Maternity store for pants that fit. DSW for shoes that fit. I hope to be able to find the last of the decor for the nursery (rug, frames for the walls, sheets).
    Then tomorrow night is BDay dinner for DH!!!! I was originally planning a surprise party for him for tomorrow night but cancelled it when I got my BFP and realized we should save the money. Instead taking him out for a nice dinner at a great old school Italian restaurant. I cant wait to have some gnocchi!

Sunday is lazy day. I need to drop my engagement ring off for annual inspection. Maybe upgrade my phone. Hoping to do more work in the nursery. 

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    @sarawifenow aww, your grandma sounds so cute! I'd love to do taxes this weekend, but my W2 hasn't come yet! 
    We might start looking for furniture for our family room - our house has a living room and family room, but the family room has been empty since we moved in almost a year ago! We want it to be the more casual, kid friendly space, so want to get it taken care of before May!
  • Options
    vinerie said:
    Working...UGH! 

Girl, you need to give yourself the weekend off! At least make some time to pamper yourself one afternoon.
    I agree. Is the end of the non-stop working coming to an end at all? 

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    DH is working tomorrow morning, but we are planning to finish the trim and new baseboards and hang the new ceiling fan in the nursery and unpack and put together all the nursery furniture that has been sitting in giant boxes in our living room for the past couple of days now. I'm hoping we make some real progress in there this weekend because we are going to be busy and/or out of town for the next 3 weekends in a row, and we never seem to get much done during the week.
  • Options
    yogahh said:
    @sarawifenow, that is so exciting!! I bet Cole is a cutie pie ;)

Tomorrow we are going shopping. Target for some baby things. Maternity store for pants that fit. DSW for shoes that fit. I hope to be able to find the last of the decor for the nursery (rug, frames for the walls, sheets).
    Then tomorrow night is BDay dinner for DH!!!! I was originally planning a surprise party for him for tomorrow night but cancelled it when I got my BFP and realized we should save the money. Instead taking him out for a nice dinner at a great old school Italian restaurant. I cant wait to have some gnocchi!

Sunday is lazy day. I need to drop my engagement ring off for annual inspection. Maybe upgrade my phone. Hoping to do more work in the nursery. 

• Options
    We are just chillaxing tonight. Dinner's already on the stove! 

Tomorrow we will go have breakfast and then see Hateful Eight. Might see friends in the evening but not sure if I'm keen.

Sunday we have a picnic birthday for a one year old in a local park and then we'll see my mum and dad.
  • Options

Tonight I am heading to a game night with a group of friends. I'm then staying at my mom's and spending the morning with her tomorrow. After that I am going to a card making thing at my friend's house, to my best friend's house to exchange Christmas gifts with her and my other best friend, then to a pure romance party at another friends. It's going to be a busy day!

Sunday DH and I are going to look at houses with our realtor all day, so that should be fun. FX that we actually find a house we both like! Looking at houses is getting exhausting.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    I hope to do a lot of playing, relaxing, and cleaning. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to a BYOB(bag) consignment sale to get some more things for DS and DS2. I'm a little afraid it's going to be nuts because the discount is so steep, so I'm going to try to go right after breakfast when they open. Hopefully, DH can either come with DS and me, or watch DS at home while I go!
  • Options
    @yogahh Annual engagement ring inspection??  Can you fill me in?  I suddenly feel negligent towards my ring.  :o

As for me, I have nothing planned except recovering from whatever plague has hit my family.  Oh, and picking out paint colors for the nursery and DD's room upgrade!!
  • Options
    Nothing... Oh wait. Nevermind. I was just dreaming.

Today we have a work social event from 4 to 5. Meaning we actually get to leave on time today. Boring for me bc it revolves around drinking mostly, but I can probably just sneak back to my desk for an hour and duck out right at 5. Possibly pizza for dinner and a Netflix movie.

Tomorrow, DH is doing our taxes. Which will end up taking forever bc he started a business this year and has to factor that in as well. Then we're finishing cleaning out the nursery and going to Home Depot or Lowes to pick our paint and prepping supplies for painting.

Sunday, DH said he would start prepping the walls to paint, take off the base boards, etc. but I'm not holding my breath. It took him a month to move the furniture out of the room. Lol.
  • Options
    @yogahh Annual engagement ring inspection??  Can you fill me in?  I suddenly feel negligent towards my ring.  :o

As for me, I have nothing planned except recovering from whatever plague has hit my family.  Oh, and picking out paint colors for the nursery and DD's room upgrade!!
    When DH got my ring, he didn't realize it was only covered under warranty if we had it inspected at the store every 6 months. We got engaged Sept 2014 and I haven't done it yet! This summer when I went to get it cleaned, they noticed it hadn't been done yet, and gave me until end of Feb to do it. I guess it is just Zale's policy?

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    nerdymama15nerdymama15 member
    edited January 2016
    This has been the longest freaking week EVER!  Seems like the weeks keep dragging by here lately.  So anyway, tomorrow is going to be my around the house lazy day since the DH has a car club meeting out of town and I can't go b/c the dinner plates are around 40 dollars a piece.  He does not want to go b/c of that but he has to since he is on the board.   I plan on ATTEMPTING to sleep late.  As if that will actually happen though.  I'll be stuck here for the most part since our only other working vehicle has a busted radiator and is only good for very short trips.
    Sunday I'm meeting one of my friends for lunch across town.  We are going to a local craft beer place for lunch.  No worries I will not be drinking although I could kill for one of their strawberry beers.  I'm just happy to be able to eat plate of their delicious pub nachos.  OMG they are sooooooooo good.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    I'm working tomorrow but am off Sunday. We have a carry in dinner at church and after that my mom is going with me to pick out new curtains for LO's nursery and my dining room! Then my SO and I are having one of my long time friends over to see the new house (which is why I'm in such a hurry to get my curtains lol). So it will be a packed weekend but I'm excited for deco shopping :)

oh, tonight I will be cleaning the rest of the downstairs, I got the upstairs done yesterday and wanted to tackle the rest but my energy comes in bursts these days so I take what I can get!
  • Options
    Tonight I will watch this week's episode of Downton Abbey.

I'm meeting with my doula tomorrow. It's exciting to talk about the birth with someone who is as into it as I am. Even more exciting is that my MIL is going to watch my son for a few hours and H will be at work. So many possibilities! What will I do??? (I'll probably start doing something, then get tired and take a nap.)

Sunday, I don't know yet. H will be home so maybe we can do something fun as a family. It's going to be a sunny and warm weekend so maybe a park & picnic, or maybe even the zoo.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    DH is going ice fishing all day Saturday. While I do need to clean the house a bit for friends coming for lunch on Sunday, my main activities will be crafting and yoga with my sister :) I am excited to make the invitations for her Wisconsin adventure batchelorette party!!! We may also start making her wedding invitations if she finds the right paper
  • Options
    Tomorrow is my glucose test. Not looking forward to that! Then I honestly have no idea what else we are doing. I kind of blocked off the day because I did not feel well after it with my first pregnancy and just wanted to schlub around.

Sunday is HUGE! I have to be at church early to set up for our pastor's retirement party. Then at 8:45am I have rehearsal with the adult choir. At 9:30am, the cherub/youth choir I direct is coming to rehearse for their song (they are doing "Peace Like a River" but I have one adorable 3 year old girl who enthusiastically sings "I've got a piece of liver in my bowl!" Too cute!). Then we will have the Release of Ministerial Duties ceremony for our pastor and there are going to be about 500 people there, at least! It will be part of our normal worship service so we had to really work through the logistics at Parish Council and I am still tweaking when the children's anthem, adult anthem, and offertory should be in relation to the scripture readings, our pastor's last sermon, and the Release ceremony. We also have a choral response, a musical benediction (wherein my pastor wants to surprise his wife by waltzing down the aisle since, as he puts in, "I danced in the street when I found out I was going to be your minister, so I want to go out dancing too!") and a choral postlude to squeeze in there! Gahhh! I think it is good that I am so involved in the nuts and bolts because it means I haven't had time to be sad and emotional, but am pretty sure I am going to lose it at some point during the ceremony. Then we have the retirement party for him which could take almost until 2pm. I think afterwards MH wants to meet up with some of our friends from college so we will have to see about that. Busy but exciting weekend ahead!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This has been the longest freaking week EVER!  Seems like the weeks keep dragging by here lately.  So anyway, tomorrow is going to be my around the house lazy day since the DH has a car club meeting out of town and I can't go b/c the dinner plates are around 40 dollars a piece.  He does not want to go b/c of that but he has to since he is on the board.   I plan on ATTEMPTING to sleep late.  As if that will actually happen though.  I'll be stuck here for the most part since our only other working vehicle has a busted radiator and is only good for very short trips.
    Sunday I'm meeting one of my friends for lunch across town.  We are going to a local craft beer place for lunch.  No worries I will not be drinking although I could kill for one of their strawberry beers.  I'm just happy to be able to eat plate of their delicious pub nachos.  OMG they are sooooooooo good.

What kind of car club? My DH is in a car club too, for others who have the car he has.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to resting and spending QT with my H this weekend. Tonight he is working and I'll probably just watch Netflix and go to bed early.

Tomorrow is laundry day and we're going to have some kind of date. Might see a movie during the day or even just go for a walk. I'm feeling the need to reconnect with him and I kind of blame the snoogle. It really does create a snuggling barrier that really makes me miss him! I need both the snoogle and the snuggles!

Sunday I've got brunch plans with a friend and will otherwise be a lazy day. 
    I'm noticing the same thing with my snoogle. The snoogle doesn't help people snuggle, does it?

• Options
    vinerie said:
    I'm looking forward to resting and spending QT with my H this weekend. Tonight he is working and I'll probably just watch Netflix and go to bed early.

Tomorrow is laundry day and we're going to have some kind of date. Might see a movie during the day or even just go for a walk. I'm feeling the need to reconnect with him and I kind of blame the snoogle. It really does create a snuggling barrier that really makes me miss him! I need both the snoogle and the snuggles!

I'm noticing the same thing with my snoogle. The snoogle doesn't help people snuggle, does it?
    I was having this issue too but I flipped the long side of my snoogle to the outside of the bed so it's not between MH and me... I definitely still snuggle the snoogle more but before sleep I'll venture over to his side for a pre-sleep snuggle sesh. I feel like that just sounded like a Dr. Seuss. 
  • Options
    babyfmama said:
    vinerie said:

I was having this issue too but I flipped the long side of my snoogle to the outside of the bed so it's not between MH and me... I definitely still snuggle the snoogle more but before sleep I'll venture over to his side for a pre-sleep snuggle sesh. I feel like that just sounded like a Dr. Seuss. 
    The one time I did that I almost fell off of the bed because I couldn't gauge how close I was to the edge... what's your secret?!
  • Options
    You guys are making me feel bad. DH and I haven't snuggled in bed since 2012....

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    babyfmama said:
    vinerie said:

The one time I did that I almost fell off of the bed because I couldn't gauge how close I was to the edge... what's your secret?!
    The secret is making sure you have a good few inches of space on the edge and invading the middle of the bed. Sorry, husband, but there's two of us over here and we need more than half the bed now. Deal with it. 
  • Options
    @yogahh I can't snuggle while I sleep, but I do like to snuggle when we get in bed and in the morning. I've never understood how people can spoon all night long, I need my space when I sleep!
  • Options
    OMG it has been the longest week from hell. TGIF ! Ordering a pizza tonight for sure. Hopefully shopping for nursery furniture on Saturday with MIL and DH. I see some aromatherapy baths all weekend. Lazy sunday always chores/grocery shoppin and Glucose test/playing hooky Monday. AMEN to a three day weekend for me and DH
  • Options
    @yogahh I can't snuggle while I sleep, but I do like to snuggle when we get in bed and in the morning. I've never understood how people can spoon all night long, I need my space when I sleep!
    I am a kicker and a puncher.. I think DH just tries to protect himself when we sleep! HA! I cant recall the last time we went to bed together or go up together. Normally I go in a hour or two before him, and he always is up before me. But he gets up to make the coffee, so I guess I can forgive him for not spooning in the morning ;)

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Lol. DH and I are snugglers, so I  use a body pillow since it's smaller. My issue is that DH keeps sleepily stealing it when I get out of bed for DS's MOTN wakeup!
  • Options
    kbrands7 said:
    Lol. DH and I are snugglers, so I  use a body pillow since it's smaller. My issue is that DH keeps sleepily stealing it when I get out of bed for DS's MOTN wakeup!
    H made that mistake once. Once.
  • Options
    We went on vacation last summer with some of our good friends.  One couple ended up in a room with two twin beds, and they both slept in the same twin because they like to snuggle all night.  Or so they say... I did not try to confirm.  Ummmmmmmm, NO thanks!!!!
  • Options
    kbrands7 said:
    No joke, this morning when I got up to pee at like 4am, I heard this little pitter patter of feet scurry into my bedroom. I go to get back in bed and my son is all snuggled up with my snoogle and has made a nice little nest for himself. He even pretended to snore, which I know was baloney because I just heard him scamper from his room. He was almost too cute to move...almost.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We went on vacation last summer with some of our good friends.  One couple ended up in a room with two twin beds, and they both slept in the same twin because they like to snuggle all night.  Or so they say... I did not try to confirm.  Ummmmmmmm, NO thanks!!!!
    One for sleep; one for play? ;)
  • Options
    I could not handle that!
  • Options
    Tonight: gym, then QT with DH. My daughter is at her dad's for the weekend. Hate when she's gone.

Saturday: I think DH is going to the desert overnight to help his friend with a race. So I plan on hiking or going to the gym, DD's basketball game (first game, so excited for her), then I need to clean/ purge. Since I'll be kid and hubby free I plan on watching tv and eating whatever I want that night.

Sunday: errands, shop for mom's bday present, maybe brunch with a friend. Pick up DD and start working on her essay assignment. 
  • Options
    DH is super busy at work and has another late night tonight, so I'll be binge watching Bravo and getting delivery.

Tomorrow morning is our preschool observation/play date for DS (so nervous!) and then out for lunch after. Hoping for some quality time with DH Saturday night.

DH leaves for a work trip mid-day Sunday so DS and I will either have a play date with our neighbor or go to an indoor play place on Sunday. 
  • Options
    I could not handle that!
    Sharing a twin bed is what I did with my college bf. I don't know how I did it. DH and I have a king sized bed and even that feels too small sometimes.
  • Options
    PYLWhammy said:
    I could not handle that!
    Sharing a twin bed is what I did with my college bf. I don't know how I did it. DH and I have a king sized bed and even that feels too small sometimes.
    TWO people in ONE twin bed just screams college years. WINK WINK. ;)
  • Options
    Hoping DH finishes our kitchen tight so he can install the cabines tomorow!! I see a dish washer in my near future!