November 2015 Moms
Options

Tongue tied

2»

Re: Tongue tied

• Options
    chelseaepleychelseaepley member
    edited February 2016
    I just had my lo's lip tie revised (I hate saying "cut" it makes me feel bad for doing it) on Wednesday. His swelling has gone down and nursing is a dream now. It's so easy and I'm actually beginning to love it. Before I would hate it because it hurt, now its wonderful. I wasn't going to go through with the procedure at first but dh convinced me and I'm glad he did. ETA-my daughter has a lip and tongue tie I never got revised because i had already stopped breastfeeding when we found it and shes now 2. She has a huge gap between her teeth and she has sleep apnea. Her pedi is sure they're directly related. Her speech is fantastic though so it didn't effect that.
  • Options
    My son was tongue tied and the pedi snipped it at the office when he was a week old. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just had my lo's lip tie revised (I hate saying "cut" it makes me feel bad for doing it) on Wednesday. His swelling has gone down and nursing is a dream now. It's so easy and I'm actually beginning to love it. Before I would hate it because it hurt, now its wonderful. I wasn't going to go through with the procedure at first but dh convinced me and I'm glad he did. ETA-my daughter has a lip and tongue tie I never got revised because i had already stopped breastfeeding when we found it and shes now 2. She has a huge gap between her teeth and she has sleep apnea. Her pedi is sure they're directly related. Her speech is fantastic though so it didn't effect that.
    How old is your LO who just got it done?
  • Options
    NovemberSnoNovemberSno member
    edited February 2016
    Just wanted to give an update to all you who took the time out to respond to my post.had my appt today, LC told me don't do the procedure because it's too late and to pretty much give up breastfeeding. She said I've tried so hard and I am doing wonderful but that BF is now negative for LO and myself and it's more important to just enjoy our relationship.  She said LO is thriving and that's all that matters. (And shes huge about BF!) So she said keep pumping if I can and if I want do skin to skin contact alot but without offering her the breast and if she starts to show interest great but if not don't worry about it all all. She said she did need the procedure but she's already 3 months now and it's too late because she's rejecting the breast completely. Then she'd have to relearn how to suck as well as relearn to feed from the breast and it is a slim chance that'll happen. So I'm going to take her advice. I'm sad that we weren't able to BF but we did try our hardest. I will do things alot differently next time and hopefully we will have a successful BF relationship with my next LO.  Thanks everyone for your advice and words!!! 

EDIT: BTW LO aggressively refuses to breastfeed now crying and screaming for 30 min at least everytime she even thinks I'm going to try and latch her. 
  • Options
    snowflake143snowflake143 member
    edited February 2016
    Well that sucks that it didn't work out the way you had hoped, but it seems like you have a great outlook on it. Just enjoy that gorgeous baby! As long as she's growing and loved (which we know she is) that's way more important that what or how she eats
  • Options
    Well that sucks that it didn't work out the way you had hoped, but it seems like you have a great outlook on it. Just enjoy that gorgeous baby! As long as she's growing and loved (which we know she is) that's way more important that what or how she eats
    Thanks so much ♡♡