October 2015 Moms

DH is leaving...

Not permanently leaving us. But hes moving to get us settle before me and the baby go.
Hes from Kansas city and weve been living here in nh with my family for the last 10 years. Hes always wanted to move back home but we never got around to it. Well hes had a hard time finding work here and things have been rough. So we finally decided to just do it.
My older brother passed away and my little brother has moved away so it makes sense to be where he can be near his brothers.
That hard part is he needs to move first to find work, so i can stay here and keep working. I should be used to him leaving by now, hes in the marine corp, but it feels different this time.
This feels like a choice, like hes leaving us and i know thats not the case but now i feel like im going to be a single mom. Im trying really hard to stay positive and not make him feel bad.
The plan is well be going out there in march, so its not that long. Still crappy though :(

Re: DH is leaving...

• I am in Kansas City as well! Actually, Shawnee, Kansas but that is a suburb about 8 minutes away from kans
  • Idk why it didn't post my whole reply. 8 mins away from KC proper and I hope you love it here! We sure do!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in kc too. Good luck with his job search and your move. :)
  • We live outside of KC too! Near Gardner! You'll be here just in time for baseball season! Go Royals! I can imagine the thought of "single parenting" is daunting but you'll pull through mama knowing this is what needs to happen for your family! Sending positive vibes your way!
  • Im excited for the move!! But nervous at the same time. I just hate saying bye to him. But im glad to know you all love it out there. I think my biggest adjustment will be no dunkin donuts on every corner! That and i dont know anyone.
  • We have Dunkin! Lol you just have to look a little harder, or behind a Starbucks
  • Ahhhh!! DH lied...he said you didnt have dunks out there!! Hes been trying to curb my coffee addiction for a long time. I was so upset that i got myself a dunks take out looking coffee mug and ive been stocking up on dunks ground coffee lol im a little obsessive...its the small things!
  • We live about an hour and 10 min from Kansas City! We doctor in Belton. I hope the time goes by fast and he has good luck finding work. Best wishes! 
  • Yes we have Dunkin donuts! So cross that worry off your list! Also, I think there's a Kansas City mom group on here, though I don't know how active it is :-) hopefully you can meet some people through work if you will be working, or through your husbands family/friends. If you end up moving anywhere near Shawnee/Lenexa hit me up! I'm in the October moms Facebook group and I think there's a few other KC moms on there too! Best of luck!
  • Thanks so much for the support!! :)