December 2015 Moms
Options

Baby's milestones

Thought I'd start a thread about what your baby just recently started doing. Their weight, height, any new foods they started eating etc. feel free to also post pics! (I tried looking for something like this in the search box but didn't find anything similar)

Re: Baby's milestones

• Options
    thatgirlree24thatgirlree24 member
    edited January 2016
    Took my little one to the doctor yesterday bc he's been throwing up off and on for 2 weeks and he never liked napping anymore which made me think he wasn't comfortable. Of course I was checking to make sure he had no fever and plenty of wet diapers so he wasn't dehydrated. The doctor didn't seem too concerned bc he still was gaining weight & he's ebf

Birth weight & height: 7lbs, 11oz 19in
    7 weeks old: 11lbs 5oz 23in
    He's starting to smile a lot and he still likes to nurse to sleep.
    He also no longer wears newborn and is outgrowing some 0-3 month clothes and size 2 diapers
  • Options
    Zoe was 6.14lbs 19" when we left the hospital. At her one month appt she was 9.14lbs and 21.5"! She's smiling and giggling which is the cutest thing in the world. She's starting to talk back as well! Tummy time is her favorite and she has incredible head control at only 5 weeks! The pediatrician is impressed with her. Proud momma over here. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Zachary is almost there with smiling.
    He loves to copy mummy's facial expressions which is cute.
    And he loves to dance at 1 am every night.
    But last night he slept through the night for the first time!
  • Options
    Griffin was born 6 weeks early at 5.1lbs.  He was discharged from hospital at 9 days old, at 4.13lbs. Got him weighed two days ago at his appointment and he's 6.12lbs. 

He's beginning to give little smiles and even make some noises that DH or I have never heard before.  

He's always had a good grasp when you put your finger under his, but it's getting stronger now, he grabs onto things pretty well...including my hair a couple of times during a diaper change. :smile: He's content with being on his tummy for small periods of time and really moves his head/neck around a lot. It's still floppy, but he's starting to get more control over it.
  • Options
    Lo is 8 weeks, 15 lbs

*More efficient-no longer cluster feeding :(
    *Sleeping 6 hours followed by 2 at night! Yay
    *Smiles & Speaks when in a good mood
    *In 6 month clothing!
    *Will randomly put himself to sleep, lol.

Baby is growing up so fast
  • Options
    @angelicac06 15 lbs already? Curious what was his birth weight?
  • Options

@thatgirlree24 as I commonly like to say, I birthed a football player lol. An oz away from 10. :smiley:
  • Options
    laurabwalkerlaurabwalker member
    edited January 2016
    My Ellie is purple crying for hours on end. She has terrible gas and gets some relief when finally pooping. Last night I took her in the bath in attempt to calm her, and it did but as my husband lifted her out and poop went everywhere lol.
    She's 4 weeks today, blows bubbles, lifts her head, and has some little smiles.
    Send help! ;)
    Edit birth weight: 8lbs 4oz
    4 weeks: 10lbs
  • Options
    Amelia is 6.5 weeks.
    BW: 8.13
    DW: 8.5
    CW: 9.10

After a 3 day stint in the hospital at the end of December, we've sorted her feeding issues and she is slowly but surely gaining weight.

She sleep 6-7 hours a night, spends a few hours a day awake and interacting. She is focusing more on faces, even turning her head when she hears a familiar voice. Over the weekend she started smiling and "telling stories" while cuddling.
  • Options
    Today was the first genuine "happy to see you mommy!" Smile with a coo! It made me so happy, and little peanut is growing so fast! (If any of you have seen her cheeks, she's definitely gaining weight!) 

Born 7 lbs 10 oz is now I'm guessing around 10 since we have her next doc visit coming up on her two month mark. 
    And already moved to size 1 diapers and donated newborn clothes!! 
  • Options
    Annie is 7 weeks and up to 10 lbs. Birth weight was 6lb 4 oz. She's wearing 0-3 or 3 month clothes. 

She is smiling and chatting when she's happy. She will sleep 4 hour stretches. Recently, though, she's had a terrible time with reflux and started Zantac.

No matter how she's feeling, she's a very busy little bug and loves to look around, kick her feet, and touch things. She loves to hit and grab her soft book to make it crinkle.
  • Options
    @thatgirlree24 as I commonly like to say, I birthed a football player lol. An oz away from 10. :smiley:
    I thought my guy was big. 9 lbs, 8 oz here!
  • Options
    EEB88 said:
    I thought my guy was big. 9 lbs, 8 oz here!
    @EEB88 lol how much does your baby weigh now?
  • Options
    My little guy Nixon is getting so big! He is almost 7 weeks. He is now in size 1 diapers and 0-3 or 3 month clothing. He loves to lay on his back and coo and smile while moving his hands and feet all around! 

During the day he eats every 2-3 hours and at night he will go anywhere from 3-5 hour stretches! (Last night he only woke once!!!!!!) 

He has officially transitioned from sleeping in his RNP to his bassinet! 
  • Options
    BW: 6lb 1oz
    DW: 5lb 6oz
    1 week checkup: 6lb 15oz
    1 month checkup: 8lb 0.5oz
    2 month checkup today: 9lb 6oz

5th% for weight
    6th% for height
    54th% for head circumference 

DD sleeps about 6 hours straight at night, usually from midnight to 6am. She's a great napper too! She drinks 3oz of formula every 3 hours. She's started belly laughing and cooing. She also follows me around the room with her eyes/head and is trying her hardest to roll over. She's still in newborn clothes, and I tried her in size 1 diapers but after poop came oozing out of the leg hole this morning I'm going back to newborn diapers for another week or so. She got her 2 month shots today and so far she's handling them better than her hep B shot last month! 
  • Options
    Bubs seems so small yet reading al these!!! Since he is still in newborn diapers and just now starting to fit into newborn clothes. He is hitting milestones tho :) loves to smile, starting to coo, and I caught him giggling in his sleep the other day
  • Options
    alysa03 said:
    Bubs seems so small yet reading al these!!! Since he is still in newborn diapers and just now starting to fit into newborn clothes. He is hitting milestones tho :) loves to smile, starting to coo, and I caught him giggling in his sleep the other day
    I have a friend whose baby was in newborn clothes until he was like 6 months old! He was tiny and still is for his age! But he is healthy and developing just like he should! 
  • Options
    DD is 6 weeks old tomorrow. Birth weight was 6.14 and at 5 weeks she was 9.9! Girl is packing on the lbs and getting the cutest chubby rolls. She just started smiling back at us. She likes tummy time and rolled over once, but I think it was accidental and not actually something she will do consistently for several months. We are hoping her colic/fussiness subsides soon-- she has some impressive witching hours. Sleep is hit or miss. We've gotten a few almost 4 hr stretches this week, but also a few nights when she's been up every 2 hours. 
  • Options
    @taysun aww she's precious! Can't wait to use our bumbo but we are 4.5 weeks and head control still isn't quite there yet!
  • Options
    taysun said:
    DD is 7 weeks old and sat in the bumbo for the first time today and loved it! Birth weight was 5 lbs 13 oz and she was 8 lbs 3 oz two weeks ago. Still fitting great in newborn clothes but we moved her into size 1 diapers because we ran out of nb. 

I have one of these that my mom gave me and I wasn't sure when to start using it! Maybe I'll try it then, as long as they can hold themselves up right? DD is 6 weeks 
  • Options
    @andreaAL11 yeah as long as they can hold their head up good. DD gets tired and her head droops after a while so I have to keep an eye on it and pull her out after a while. 
  • Options
    taysun said:
    DD is 7 weeks old and sat in the bumbo for the first time today and loved it! Birth weight was 5 lbs 13 oz and she was 8 lbs 3 oz two weeks ago. Still fitting great in newborn clothes but we moved her into size 1 diapers because we ran out of nb. 

Oh this is gorgeous. I'm so ashamed. Olive can't hold her head up. When she tries to lift it up, it flails around. 
  • Options
    Adilyn is a month old tomorrow! 
    She's smiling quiet a bit now, has pretty great head control and is a genuinely happy baby. 
    BW: 8 lbs 4.5 oz 21.5 in
    1 week: 7 lbs 10 oz
    2 weeks: 7 lbs 14 oz
    3 weeks: 8 lbs 9 oz 22 in

Go back next week for her one month appointment! 
  • Options
    taysun said:

Oh this is gorgeous. I'm so ashamed. Olive can't hold her head up. When she tries to lift it up, it flails around. 
    It's cool. Annie doesn't hold her head up well and rarely smiles at me.  I've decided to stop feeling like I'm doing something wrong. She'll get there.  
  • Options
    Birth weight: 8lbs 2oz
    1 month weight: 9lbs 2oz

Starting to smile when awake and when being smiled at. Always had pretty good head control and still working with it. Also, starting to coo. She eats about every 2 hours from 2oz to 4oz depending on how much of a pig pig she is being. Lol.  
  • Options
    After being the must serious baby ever we have a smiler on our hands!!! But very picky to whom she smiles too. Grandma hasn't gotten a smile yet so she is upset lol! Moving her head a bit flopping still but she will get there. Hates tummy time unless she is on my chest or tummy. Sleeps about 4-5 her stretches at night now thank God
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Birth weight 5 lbs 14 oz, currently weights 10 lbs. She is 8 weeks and 2 days and loves smiling!! She coos a lot and I swear she says "hi"! She is still in newborn oneies, but they are getting short on her. Last night she slept for 6 hours straight and the night before was almost 9!!! Sleeps most nights in the bassinet, but sometimes she has really bad acid reflux and needs to sleep sitting up in the rockaroo.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Baby started "talking" today. And not the kind of talking when you try to make them laugh or he needs to fart or burp either. He's in his swing watching tv with his brothers and just babbling :blush: 
  • Options
    groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited February 2016
    Olive watched a few minutes of a baby einstein show today - which is interesting, she's never done that before. She has been chattering for a couple of weeks. And she grabbed something a few days ago. I was teasing her with a hair elastic while we waited for her father to get ready to go out and she reached out and grabbed it. I haven't been able to reproduce this phenomenon since but am confident it was a deliberate grab. It wasn't near her hand. She reached out for it. EDIT:  Reached out for it with her left hand. It's possible she's a southpaw though i assume it's a bit early to tell.

Birth weight was 5 lbs 14
    Current weight is around 11 lbs
    Current length 22 inches
    She is 10 weeks old

• Options
    This was fun to read through!

Little Man has been my "normal", "easy" baby after two kids who were anything but.  He sleeps great.  He naps great.  He smiles a ton and laughs and is a total flirt.  Recent milestones have been him batting at toys and him being awake and more alert for longer stretches during the day.  He has had amazing head and neck control since day one and now he pretty much sits upright in our laps with very little support from us.  And we've discovered the joys of thumb sucking.  

If I had had this kid first, I'd have insisted on having fifteen kids.  But ... I'd have been screwed if his sisters came after him.  Part of why I feel he is so easy has to be because his sisters were so (and still are so) tough to deal with.  

His mind is always totally blown when he looks up at his giraffe toy.  Don't mind the creeper lurking in the background. I asked her to smile and she felt this was a more appropriate expression.

• Options
    Baby grabbed his foot today. He's noticed them before but never reached for them. 

Jaxons is 10 weeks, a little over 12lbs and 24 inches long
  • Options
    Court11152325Court11152325 member
    edited February 2016
    Found out this week that DD is 24.5 inches long and in the 98th percentile. Her weight (11.4 on Wednesday lowest weight was 7.7) isn't so high, but given dh's build it makes sense. She is 9 weeks 5 days and smiling and talking. Last night she deliberately grabbed a toothbrush and tried to eat it. DH was too stunned to stop her from sticking (my just used, wet toothbrush) it in her mouth. She has great head control too! She's such a good baby that I'm feeling pretty good at stopping with just 1!  :p