September 2016 Moms
Options

My friend wants me in her wedding... :/

2»

Re: My friend wants me in her wedding... :/

• Options
    Thanks for the shares and feedback! I did end up telling the bride thanks but no thanks (in a really sincere and nice way). She was really good about it. I actually think she was a little relieved, lol. I don't blame her nor do I hold any grudges against her. I was a little surprised to be asked to be in the wedding in the first place since we are newer friends (I met her through DH). I love her and we have a blast together but I would not have been offended to NOT be asked either. Anyways, yeah, it may come as a shock to her that I may not attend the wedding or reception since it is over a half an hour away and I can't bring baby, but I am not worrying about it now. There is time to see how things go and maybe I will be able to have a sitter and be fine to attend. But at least I no longer have the pressure to be IN the wedding. :smiley: 
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @blondie080300 that's probably best for both of you!! If she's not willing to budge on the newborn being there, it doesn't sound like you'd logistically be able to make it work.

For what it's worth, DH and I had a "no kids" wedding, but my cousin had a 3 week old and surprisingly still wanted to attend! She brought the newborn, he slept through the whole thing (even the DJ), and all was good. No one got mad because there was a newborn but they couldn't bring their kids-- I feel like most people understand those sorts of things. And if there were any hard feelings that I'm not aware of-- oh well! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @blondie080300 - I think having a sitter and attending a wedding just a half hour away is totally reasonable at 2 months. The lactation consultant at the hospital I delivered at (and who led my biweekly mother's group.. seriously LOVE her), believed in waiting to introduce a bottle until baby had regained his/her birth weight. We ended up giving Emmett a bottle somewhere within the first 2 weeks and he took it without batting an eye, and right back on the breast at the next feeding. I certainly know that's not the case for all babies, but I think the earl introduction helped.  For me, I'd have my husband feed a bottle at the 6pm feed, and I would pump. A. He loved feeding the baby and getting involved, and B. It gave me a 6 hour break (3pm feed and not again until 8 or 9pm feed) from having a baby latched on.. and for me that was a really good break/me time even if it was spent on the couch a few inches from the baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cjgasnercjgasner member
    edited March 2016