Postpartum Depression
Options

Is this " normal"?

Hi everyone,

Before I had my daughter 5 months ago I've always had negative thoughts and worried about things that I shouldn't really be worrying about. But now that I have her I feel like they've intensified. I love her so much and want the best for her so I am constantly worrying about health issues and also crazy things like the world ending and that I won't be able to see my daughter grow up and enjoy life. I know there's always crazy things going on in the world and always will be but I feel so scared of her future. I just want to live to be old and see my kids and grandchildren have the best life possible. Is the normal? Is this postpartum depression? Any advice will help. Thank you.

Re: Is this " normal"?

• Options
    Hi, I am struggling with similar issues. With me, I worry about toxic chemicals and contaminants hurting me or my baby. I had to use a fire extinguisher in my kitchen last week and I'm worrying myself sick over the dangerous chemicals that are now in the kitchen. I've been diagnosed with OCD and anxiety. You may want to speak with a therapist or psychiatrist. They can really help out a lot. I don't think you having these fears is normal, but you can get help. I am available if you ever want to talk, please just message me.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Me (26) & DH (31) expecting first baby 1/19/2016!
  • Options

OP it's not abnormal to think the things you do, you're a new mom, but what could be a problem is if these thoughts interfere with your ability to get through the day. If they are debilitating then you should probably talk to a doctor.

Good luck.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not normal because they're irrational and interfering with daily life. I speak from 18 years experience with ocd. I also have POD but it's so much better since seeking help. I highly recommend calling a counselor sooner rather than later.