April 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

Where are your midweek WTFs ladies?!?

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    wtf is wednesday afternoon and no one has needed a wtf wednesday yet??? 

I don't have a wtf yet. I had a twatwaffle Tuesday so Wednesday ain't so bad.
  • Options
    WTF to the graduate student that is in my group for an online class and has never bothered to do anything or even contact the rest of the group, making the rest of us do all the work for the group project. And she is supposed to be the group leader! What the hell. Week 4 is almost over and nothing yet! Part of it is due Friday and we still don't know if she is going to do her part or if we have to do it for her.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have needed a WTF post all day, I just haven't had the time.

WTF to my company. One of our biggest competitors is just miles down the road and they seem to best us at everything. Weve released a new product that has been under wraps for months just last week at a show and they show up with a similar reveal. It's obvious they some how copied ours and they did it really quickly. This tells me they've only known about it for maybe three weeks, which is when our sales team saw it. The competitors owner has a brother who sells for us. HOW THE F IS THIS NOT A CONFLICT OF INTEREST???? Especially when they are growing and taking a lot of our business? Even if he's not the culprit why are we not doing more to shut down the mole??
  • Options
    WTF to my normally well behaved dogs that decided to dump my laundry hamper and shred all my pants and leggings. I officially have the jeans I'm wearing and one pair of polka dot leggings left that fit me. That should be able to get me through the next 3 months. Sigh.
    They also destroyed a newspaper and mail from the counter all over the living room. I'm only going to have to bend down 47 times to clean all that up.
  • Options
    Well I didn't see this thread yet so it went in the random.. But UGH! Just got summoned for jury duty and I so don't want to go!
  • Options
    emgee27emgee27 member
    edited January 2016
    NOLA520 said:
    @kalanieileen I'm the weirdo who has always wanted to be called for jury duty, but it's never happened. :(
    Me too! I want to be on a jury!!!

ETA: well, maybe not while pregnant...
  • Options
    NOLA520 said:

@kalanieileen I'm the weirdo who has always wanted to be called for jury duty, but it's never happened. :(

I get called every year! Normally I don't mind.. But this year, seeing as how I feel the size of a whale with the aches and pains of a 90 year old grandmother I definitely do not want to go.
  • Options

NOLA520 said:

I get called every year! Normally I don't mind.. But this year, seeing as how I feel the size of a whale with the aches and pains of a 90 year old grandmother I definitely do not want to go.
    This is pretty much the best description on pregnancy I've ever heard.
  • Options
    My wtf goes out to my fiancé's job. You paid for him to go to another state and do intense training for a position that you keep hiring outside for, and when he approaches you about another opportunity within the company you tell him he's not experienced enough. He's been doing this for a fucking decade! How much experience do you think he really needs!? Also why pay for him to go through the training (over a year ago now) if you have no intentions of actually using him?

I guess he kinda gave a fuck you to his boss today though. They hired someone last week for the finance position, and he sucked so bad that my fiancé had to fix everything he did and spin the rest of the deals for the day (effectively making less money because when people are pissed they don't want to negotiate) and they let said guy go. Instead of doing the fucking logical thing and just giving the position to my fiancé, they hired someone else today, trained him all day, and let him leave early. Right before my fiancé was supposed to leave they asked him to do a cash deal (read no money, and takes forever) I'm so glad he told them no, and didn't do it. Assholes.

Apparently the new plan is to stay with this company through his two week vacation (maternity leave) and then find a different job with a different company. He can sell cars anywhere, but growth potential within a company is a must for where we are at in our lives now.
  • Options
    @fbanke42 tell her chocolate gives you raging yeast infections. Also, isn't it too early to talk of lost mucus plugs? I'm not ready! (I know they can regenerate but seriously not even close to ready for this!)
  • Options
    @AmadorRose The coworker in question is an older gentlemen who is retiring next month. He always brings cookies and chocolate for everyone and leaves it on their desk. He offered me chocolate and I told him no thank you, since I need to behave myself, just in case. He told me that since I'm pregnant, I should be able to each whatever I want, GD or not.

I also lost part of my mucus plug at around 24 weeks with DS. Called the hospital freaking out and everything. Since then I always assumed it's just a chunk and not all of it.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @fbanke42 so he would be REALLY uncomfortable offering again...sounds like a win-win ;)
  • Options
    @fbanke42 he can come to my office and leave treats in my mailbox anytime. Maybe that would compel me to stop by there every now and then.
  • Options

My wtf goes out to my fiancé's job. You paid for him to go to another state and do intense training for a position that you keep hiring outside for, and when he approaches you about another opportunity within the company you tell him he's not experienced enough. He's been doing this for a fucking decade! How much experience do you think he really needs!? Also why pay for him to go through the training (over a year ago now) if you have no intentions of actually using him?

I guess he kinda gave a fuck you to his boss today though. They hired someone last week for the finance position, and he sucked so bad that my fiancé had to fix everything he did and spin the rest of the deals for the day (effectively making less money because when people are pissed they don't want to negotiate) and they let said guy go. Instead of doing the fucking logical thing and just giving the position to my fiancé, they hired someone else today, trained him all day, and let him leave early. Right before my fiancé was supposed to leave they asked him to do a cash deal (read no money, and takes forever) I'm so glad he told them no, and didn't do it. Assholes.

Apparently the new plan is to stay with this company through his two week vacation (maternity leave) and then find a different job with a different company. He can sell cars anywhere, but growth potential within a company is a must for where we are at in our lives now.

This sounds like my employer. They don't let you move up if you don't have the right degree but yet they can hire from the outside with someone who has a lesser degree but in the field they want. I gave up trying to move up in my last department for this exact reason.
  • Options
    My WTF goes to the darn sinus infection that made me use two days of PTO that I was saving to extend my maternity leave! Uggggh
  • Options
    AEG84AEG84 member
    edited January 2016
    My WTF goes to not being a millionaire with lots of money to throw at problems. Our garage door broke Monday night. Had someone come out to look at it today. The whole door needs to be replaced - so we're looking at $1000 minimum. Wouldn't be such an issue if we weren't already strained trying to save for baby, extra vet bills from earlier this month, all the car repairs over the last 6 months, etc. Also, WTF to ourselves for not budgeting better to plan for it. DH apparently saw this coming, but didn't communicate to me that we would probably have to replace it in the near future. UGH. We probably should have set money aside for this instead of buying a new bed last month, but it's too late now.

Edited to add, we can't just leave it unfixed because the way that it broke, we can't lock the dang thing closed. So anyone could come along and manually open it very easily :/
  • Options
    WTF ear tubes: DS had a physical today, where I learned that his second set of tubes never fell out and is still in. He got them when he was 2, so it's been 3 years now. We haven't had follow up with his ENT in over 2 years. Pediatrician says we need to call them because it looks like they're becoming impacted in his ears and may need to be surgically removed with an ear drum graft. His hearing is fine right now but this could impact him further on. His first set fell out quickly so I didn't expect this one to still be in. They were a real lifesaver for us when he was little, now it's looking to turn into a real hassle. I have a feeling this is going to be an expensive venture.. sigh.
  • Options
    New one: wtf back. Why are you doing this? I look like I'm walking with a stick up my butt because my lower back hurts so badly. LO also keeps kicking me as hard as possible. If this keeps up I may just call my doctor.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @fbanke42 I was thinking the same thing! Except its my hips. I can't walk right anymore and I'm so uncomfortable!
  • Options
    WTF DH for bringing up that he needs me to sheetrock the babies room before painting, since we are now putting the house on the market right around when the baby is due. I am seriously uncomfortable already and I know that I am the more talented sheet rocker, but how the fuck am I supposed to do all of that sanding when I can barely do the usual daily tasks. He'll be putting the physical sheet rock up, but I'll be doing the taping mudding and sanding. And there is a chance that I may deliver early since I have so much extra amniotic fluid around the baby, which also has been increasing the discomfort. Couldn't this have been brought up a couple weeks ago, when I didn't look/feel like I ate a beach ball? And also, WTF to my mother in law who booked the baby shower place without consulting my mother and sister (who were planning the shower for me)...and now throws 50 extra guests at my sister 4 weeks before the shower date. I honestly appreciate the venue, it's much nicer than what my family could afford...but she is being really difficult now with an estimated head count for ordering invitations and wants nothing to do with any more logistics of it. How the F is my sister supposed to get the invitations out this week, if she doesn't have a list with addresses...and I feel like it looks really rude to have only 3 weeks notice for guests. My MIL insists she doesn't want her name on anything, which makes the whole thing even more bizarre to me.
  • Options
    imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited January 2016
    It's Thursday but this doesn't fit in any of "today's" posts. WTF DH, we have discussed me being out on maternity leave starting at spring break (March 12th on) since it just makes sense logistically for my students, it makes sense academically with that being the end of 3rd quarter, and dang it I just need a few weeks to get stuff done around the house and maybe take a nap or two before this kiddo comes. This has been the plan since like...well, before we even GOT pregnant since we were able to time it right. So WHY would you tell me last night out of the blue that I need to go back after break for another week or two, working right up until the due date (not that I haven't done it before, but still)? I'm not even taking the full 12 weeks FMLA since there isn't that much before school is out for the summer. You are transferring sick days to me, so really we won't have much unpaid  time for me. Let me have a BREAK.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    wtf acne and ridiculous facial hair :neutral:
  • Options
    Wtf stomach bug. I picked up DD1 around midnight because she woke me crying, and she proceeded to puke in my hair and down my back. And then puked three more times, each time after we changed her sheets. Thankfully she was able to sleep afterward and felt fine today, but it was a rough day st work for us. And is it wrong I was grateful that she waited on a bout of diarrhea until her nanny had arrived and I was walking out the door to catch the bus??