April 2016 Moms
Options

Im not liking anybody right now

Is it just me, but I've become so anti social, well not anti social but like I said I'm not in a "friendly mood"... Example:
We are suppose to have 2 overnight guest in the house, which already stressed me out coz I have to clean to house and everything, oh btw I'm 7 months pregnant! And moving and cleaning with a huge tummy is a challenge. Now I learned that it's not only 2 guests but 5!!!!!!! 5people!!! Then I'm not liking my hubby for inviting these people and expecting me to clean!!!!!!! "Hello!! He invited them, he needs to clean!!!!"

So much more... My mind just keeps snapping at people esp in traffic and etc. I'm so stressed out and I hate this!!!!

Am I the only one?!

Re: Im not liking anybody right now

• Options
    I'm with @yodiggity and the worst part is that those that normally stress me out/I want to punch in the face sometimes now make me feel that way a thousand times over.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agreed. I'm not much of a "people person." Pregnant or not, I would be FURIOUS with my husband if he invited 5 people over to our house and didn't clean it himself though. I'm not pleased when we have 1 person come like twice a year, but I can at least handle that without a meltdown.
  • Options
    I have straight up told most of my ehem "social circle" that I'm pretty much hibernating until the baby comes. I love my friends dearly, but between the unwanted pregnancy comments, this time of year (I have seasonal affective disorder) AND being miserably pregnant? Yeah... Leave me alone and don't disturb me until I emerge this spring with an infant in tow.

If it makes you feel any better we are apparently having a "gaming night" here on Saturday, but if SO wants an immaculate house, he can do it himself. I've kept up with everything pretty well, but there are definitely things he could do to make it look nicer for his friends. I'll be spending the evening in our bedroom reading and only emerging when I need to relieve myself or get more hydration supplies.
  • Options
    Well having 5 people overnight is rough, even when you're not pregnant so I would not be in a good mood anyway. I'm hosting a party of 20+ at my house on Sunday and while I have my husband and 17 year old to clean it's still tough to do because I'm probably going to do most of the cleaning. But yea I feel ya.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I generally don't invite people into my home and I'm a homebody by nature, so I'd be upset at five people suddenly invading my space. That being said; yes, pregnancy makes cleaning harder, but unless you're high risk or otherwise physically not allowed to clean, just take it slow. I will spend about 20 minutes on my feet, then rest, then get up again until I'm satisfied. I also know I won't have the energy to clean more than a room or two each night, so I keep a constant rotation and ask DH for help when I need it. A normal pregnancy is not a disability - it's just going to slow you down a bit. Also, if your house guests mention your house not being clean enough, offer up some suggestions on nearby hotels that might meet their expectations. No need to accommodate rude, ungrateful guests.
  • Options
    yeah, I hear you. we have inspections twice a week seeing as though we are moving houses and it's a pain to clean but it also is good to have a reason to clean. before I went on leave from work I was like that, impatient and have no patience for anyone. usually I'm over-sensitive though so I kind of like the new me, Not giving a s#{t about anyone haha:)
  • Options
    Yep not liking many people these days. Just not in that friendly mood. I find myself nagging at my team at work because they are not doing their work - I don't even sugar coat it as much any more.

I had my ML come over this weekend and I warned her ahead of time of our not so clean place. I'm on bedrest and my DH works long hours and sometimes all 7 days. My mom is coming over this Friday to take me to the docs and sleeping over - same thing sorry for the mess. But she's been wanting to help come and clean so it will be nice to get her help.

I just feel so irritable lately!
  • Options
    Make your husband help you clean. 
  • Options
    yodiggity said:
    I don't usually like anyone so this would not be a new 'pregnancy symptom'.
    Haha, this is me. It's only gotten worse since pregnancy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hear you! Totally way more irritated by people and just stuff in general nowadays. If I was in your position I'd also be really annoyed at DH!