October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Check In (Jan 25th)

Ok ladies, I think there are enough of us now to start weekly check-ins then I think in about a week we could start daily check-ins. 

How far along are you? EDD?

How are you feeling?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children? 

Me: 33 DH: 39
DD 1: 5-24-13
TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
DD 2: 9-15-16
DD 3: 9-16-17

Re: Weekly Check In (Jan 25th)

• Options

How far along are you? EDD? 4w2d 10/2

How are you feeling? Dizziness is my biggest thing right now.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I don't feel pregnant. It's weird. For some reason I was expecting something. But, I'll be happy with this nothingness as long as it lasts!

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children?
    First human child here! We have 5 nieces and nephews each, so it'll be fun to add to the family. We also have 2 cats and a dog.
  • Options

How far along are you? EDD? 4w 3d /Oct 1st

How are you feeling? Tired and my back has been killing me for the past two days. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am getting really book up for the rest of this month with a bunch of school events and meetings, which is good because the time in between now and my first ob appt will go by quickly but I know it is also going to exhaust me to no end! 

This will be my second child but third pregnancy...I also have two fur children one beagle named Early and one cat named Mookie....Sorry if the pic is huge!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? EDD? 4w 1d, due 10/3/16

How are you feeling? Cautiously excited. Physically, I'm still feeling ok, slight insomnia but a little fatigued. Nothing crazy...yet. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? None so far... trying to keep calm, cool and collected. I have conflicting feelings about this pregnancy since I lost my last. I want to be excited and give this baby all the pomp and circumstance as my last baby, but I'm so scared. It's still early though! 

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children? This is my second pregnancy. We lost our son, Peter Anthony, November 14th at 21 weeks. Hoping for a healthy rainbow baby. We also have 3 furbabies...2 pups and a cat!
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    How far along are you? EDD? 4 Weeks, EDD 10/4/16

How are you feeling? Fine, was having some cramping a couple of days ago but no spotting and seems to have subsided. Other than that just fatigue and occasional dizziness but don't know if that is due to the fatigue.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just trying to keep calm, I really can't though. I am just hoping to have some other signs of pregnancy soon because maybe that will put my mind at ease a little. Other than that totally cracking out on pregnancy/baby stuff of pinterest!

Oh funny story, so when I got my BFP I told DH that it was faint and he looked and agreed. Then this morning I took another, I didn't know it but he was waiting outside the door so cute!, and the line was darker. He was like oh now I am excited bc it is there. He didn't understand that even a faint line is a line, guess I should explain myself better but I was too damn excited!

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children
    First pregnancy! We actually have four fur babies, we have two ferrets a boy and a girl (had them about 6/7 years, they were with us in our apartment since we could not have dogs there) we also have two dogs a boy and a girl. I love my fur babies!!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? EDD? 4w2d, 10/2

How are you feeling?
    Like I partied too hard. Headache, dizziness, etc.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Is it just my imagination, or do I suddenly get ridiculously hungry at the drop of a hat? Hubby was shoveling the walk last night and I had dinner waiting on him, and I literally bit his head off to get his ass in the house so I could eat. I'm usually hangry anyway, but that was bad, even for me.

First baby for both of us! We are on the older side--39/40. We have two cats and one dog.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• Options

How far along are you? EDD? 4w2d 10/2/2016

How are you feeling? Morning stickiness has kicked in for me. I don't remember it starting this early.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just feeling blah. I've been trying really hard all day to not vomit at work. I was hoping I would be okay until after vacation. We're going to Hawaii next week and I wanted to eat all the food. So I'm pretty bummed now.

This is my 5th pregnancy. I have an 11 year old DD, 4 year old DS, and I had 2 previous MCs. No fur children for me.

• Options
    How far along are you? 4 weeks.

EDD? October 4

How are you feeling? Feeling okay. Definitely tired, and my heart rate is increased. I thought I was crazy, but DH agreed.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am thinking that, since I can -feel- and increase in my pulse, that I want to get a blood pressure monitor to use and keep track of it. Also, this acne as got to stop.

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children? This is my it pregnancy, but I do have a fur daughter named Oreo. She is a 5 year old Boston terrier.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 4 weeks & 3 days

EDD? October 1

How are you feeling? Not very pregnant. I just feel more tired than anything else (other than "the girls" of course)

Rants/Raves/Questions? I have a crap ton of questions (I'll spare you all). I find myself eating ALL the time. I'm assuming that's normal? Chips and salsa, hummus and pita chips. I'm just wondering when I'm going to feel more symptoms. I think it'll feel more real to me then - doesn't yet.

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children? This is my first pregnancy! DH and I have been married once before and neither had kids with the exes (thank goodness!) We're so happy and feel we've waited a long time for tiny poppyseed! We have 2 fur children. A 5 month old puppy and a 6 year old cat. Still waiting for them to get along...
    Married 3 years
    Me-34 DH-44
    EDD 10/1/16

• Options
    How far along are you? EDD? 11 dpo which makes me 3 weeks and 4 days, EDD 10/7/16

How are you feeling? Fine, have a cold. But that is unrelated, well kind of since my immune system goes to crap when I am pregnant.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: we are all sick and I don't want to cook. We might just starve tonight and my toddler has had entirely too much TV today.

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children? Third pregnancy technically. Had a miscarriage at almost 7 weeks on Christmas. Have a DS who is 20months this month. He's pretty awesome. And one dog (nova scotia duck tolling retriever) who is 4 years old. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Julia70286 I know how you feel. I lost my last so I am trying to be excited but I am scared to be super attached
    @lilylover27 I love the story about your husband...I love how cute he was! 
    @von1976 Yes it is so crazy that all of the sudden your starving when like a minute ago you were fine. 
    @vanessa11411 sorry about the nausea and I hope it lets up for Hawaii...super jealous of the vacation!
    @MrsHudson2014 I love Boston terriers!
    @eajanners yes eating all the time is normal. I have to bring a lot of snacks for work
    @artcheese I love your name (I'm and art teacher and it makes me laugh) and I am sorry that everyone is sick at your house. I hope you all get well real soon!

• Options
    How far along are you? EDD? 4w1d 10/3

How are you feeling? Nauseous, my boobs hurt and I'm tired.

Rants/Raves/Questions? OB intake on friday.. I'm going to the gym tomorrow since I haven't been in almost a week.. not much else going on!

This is my 6th pregnancy, will be 4th baby.. (one mc at 4/5 weeks, one mc at 13 weeks).. we've got two boys and a girl and we have a furbaby- chocolate lab named mazie!
  • Options
    I want to reply to everyone haha

How far along are you? EDD? 5 wks 9/29 (or 9/27 according to probable conception date)

How are you feeling? I'm tired. I think it is a cold but my throat and mouth are dry!!! I can seem to drink enough water!

Rants/Raves/Questions? @lilylover27 my husband didn't understand the faint line either. He thought it needed to look as dark as the control line. : )

We have a son who turns 2yrs in a week!!! No pets, not allowed in our rental.
    Married 5yrs
    Me-29 DH-34
    DS-02/02/14
    #2 due 09/29/16
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    I am 4 weeks, 3 days..I think! 

How are you feeling?
    Already Awful. I have the worst fatigue and do not remember this with my daughter. I am super irritable, feels like PMS times a billion. Boobs hurt, thirsty, mild cramping on and off throughout the day...What's worst: Super angry/pissed off at the world! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Being pregnant with a toddler running around is pretty much the hardest thing I have ever experienced. My daughter and I spend all day together at home and I just feel like I haven't been giving her the attention she deserves :( She basically watched TV all day. I feel so guilty! 

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? Second Child!!!! 
  • Options

How far along?  I'm 4w2d (10/2 due date)

I feel tired but otherwise good.  I had a tiny bit of spotting but it stopped and I'm feeling optimistic again.  Expecting the nausea to hit in about a week.

I've been snowed in for 5 days and my whole family is about to lose it!  It was pretty and fun but I can't wait to be able to get out of my driveway again.

GTKY: This is my 6th pregnancy and if all goes well it will be our 4th and final baby.

• Options
    @ejmo68 thanks! I'm an artist and I like cheese. My last user name here was too much like my real name so I decided to choose something funny.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @artcheese a Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever was my first dog as a child and she was awesome!  I would love to have another one some day.  

How far along are you? EDD? 3 weeks 5 days, 10/7/16

How are you feeling? Good still!  A bit tired but nothing out of the ordinary.  Over the weekend my back was killing me and I've had some very mild cramps on and off.  Initially I was moodier than usual but that has subsided.  Over the weekend I was crazy thirsty and chugging water all day.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm trying to stay calm but I'm so scared something is going to happen.  I'm going to test daily until I use up my wondfos (found out on 10DPO).  It makes me feel a bit better to see those lines get darker every day.  I can't wait for my first OB appointment but it's not until March 1st.

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children? First pregnancy!  The first time actually seeing those two lines was amazing!  I love my little poppyseed (lol) already and I'm praying nothing happens.  We have two fur babies, a female australian shephard mix who is 7 and a male mutt who is 7 months.  I love them to death, but they're going to need some more training before baby gets here!
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• Options
    How far along are you? EDD? 4W2D; EDD=10/3/16

How are you feeling? Nervous and Tired

Rants/Raves/Questions? Grateful for the experience thus far.  Trying to remain optimistic.  

This is my second pregnancy (loss in 10/15).  Will be my first child.  No pets.  
  • Options
    @Blonde1817 my dog is definitely going to need more training before baby comes too!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    How far along are you? EDD? 4Wks 3day 10/1

How are you feeling? Tired, upset stomach and dizzy when I move to fast! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? The only real rant I have is I hope this child does not decide to go late like her sister... Oh, and wishing I could take daily naps!

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children? This is my second pregnancy, I have a 2.5DD and 2 Fur children as well. All girls. I told my husband he may be destined for all girls :)
  • Options
    How far along are you? EDD? 4w3d 10/2

How are you feeling?  Feeling great, honestly. Maybe a little more tired than usual, and some lower back pain, but other than that totally normal.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I almost wish I felt pregnant already, but I know there will be plenty of symptoms soon. :smile: 

#2! DD is almost 21 months old. And no pets for us, at least for now!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    How far along are you? EDD? 4w3d 10/2

How are you feeling? Good! Cramping on and off for a week now and lower back pain (I also have a slipped disc). Peeing more than usual but am also drinking more water because i'm thirsty all the time!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Sooooo excited but also nervous. Hoping to feel less so after seeing the OB on 2/19. Loving every minute of this experience, just wish I knew everything would be ok!

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children? First pregnancy! We have a 6 month old black lab puppy, such a mush! He loves cuddles and attention and needs to be with me and DH 24/7. I can't wait to see how he reacts to a baby hehe
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? EDD?  4 weeks, 4 days- my due date's 10/1

How are you feeling?  I feel fine, which makes me feel worried!  No fatigue yet, but I tend to get a lot of sleep,  and just a little hungrier than usual.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm so optimistic and excited, but cautious as well.   I'm in the same boat as @LGW2015 - I think I'll feel better after I meet with my OB on 2/16.

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children?  This is the first pregnancy for me and my husband.  He's over the moon.   We have one fur baby: a 5-year-old pointer mix named Cass- she is spoiled and sweet and adorable.
  • Options
    @bkorsh we have the same EDD (so far anyway!) :) My first appointment is on 2/23 so you'll have to keep us updated as to how it goes and what you learned! 
    Married 3 years
    Me-34 DH-44
    EDD 10/1/16

• Options
    Today I'm 4w3d and my expected EDD is 10/2.

I'm feeling pretty good.  No real symptoms other than feeling tired sometimes and very lightly spotting sometimes.  Other than that, I wouldn't know I was pregnant.

Some ladies in this month might be upset later at this, but I have tried for 6+ years to get pregnant, and finally was able to via IVF/FET.  It made me want to scratch the eyes out of every person that mentioned that because of this snow storm that there would be a ton of october 2016 babies.  I worked too hard to get there.  Sorry, some people can't just blink their eyes when it snows and get knocked up.  I don't want to be lumped in that category or have people think I had a "blizzard" baby when I worked too damn hard to have an Oct. 2016 baby.

GTKY: This will be my first child.  My DH and I have 3 cats and 2 dogs who are all very nutty and we can't wait to bring a LO into the mix.  My furbabies have no idea what will be happening in less than a year (but in reality, neither do we!)
  • Options
    How far along are you? EDD?  3 weeks, 3 days- my EDD is 10/9

How are you feeling?  I feel queasy all the time.  I'm already having a hard time hiding my symptoms from my nosey coworkers

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Did anyone else get their BFP as early as 10dpo?  

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children?   This is our first pregnancy!  No pets!
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• Options
    @Piperella I hope you don't get lumped in! I think most of the "blizzard babies" won't be due until late October, so hopefully you'll beat the rush at the hospital. And congratulations after 6 years!!! I thought 7 months was annoying. We live in Arizona, so no blizzard to thank for this one.
  • Options
    @Piperella I can sympathize. We have been TTC for three years with nothing, and we were just about to start infertility testing. This was such a surprise. I just thought about the fact we'd be lumped in with the blizzard babies, but we were ahead by two weeks!

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201

• Options
    Thank you, @br0co1ii and @von1976.  It's just one of those "wounds" of having battled infertility that feels more raw right now.  I'm hoping it will be easier to even imagine in time.  I do think about that we are ahead by two weeks.. I'll be sure to point that out..haha!  There's a rumor abounding that there could be another storm with similar projection maps.. so I'll hold my breath.  I am looking forward to being pregnant in the summer because it means that I can wear maxi dresses every day at work without justifying it. 
  • Options
    @Piperella I actually found out the day after I dug out our two parking spaces while my hubby was at work. I told him that I would forever be telling everyone my husband made me dig out from a storm while pregnant (conveniently leaving out the 4 weeks part)! Ha!

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I know how hard won that baby of yours is, and I'm sure you're over the moon! Blessings for a smooth and healthy pregnancy.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201

• Options
    @Blonde1817 crazy! Where do you live? I hardly run into anyone that has heard of this breed out here in Oregon.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @artcheese I live in the midwest now, but I grew up in upstate NY, so we got the dog from Canada.  We found out about the breed when my family met a couple in the park with two Tollers and fell in love!  She was a great dog, I only hope my dogs now are as good with kiddos as she was with us.
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• Options
    New to the BMB! Got a BFP on a digital last night!

4w1d
    10/5

How are you feeling?
    Shocked!!! Symptoms wise, I've had to pee every 30 mins and I've had a little indigestion. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Should I call the doctor yet? I don't even know where to begin!

1st pregnancy!
    We have a cat and a miniature Australian shepherd.

• Options
    @von1976 I told my DH the same thing!! We found out the day after I shoveled our driveway! haha and we also were just about to see an RE. Our appt was scheduled for next week, 2/3! I told the nurse that the appt must've done the trick! :p

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hello!  

How far along are you? EDD? 4 weeks, 1 day - due 10/5

How are you feeling? My only symptoms are fatigue and, occasionally, intense hunger. Like I need to eat 5 minutes ago or I will starve.  I've also had a few dizzy spells.  

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not yet.  I have two boys (5 and 3) and I'm dreading the comments i'll get when we find out this one is a boy, too (my husbands family literally only produces boys).  It was bad with my second son and I can't imagine what people will say this time!  I'm actually planning not to announce the gender until after the birth because I figure i'll get fewer comments that way.  I love being a mom to boys - and I hate that people feel badly for me because of it.  

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children?  Two little human boys and one dog.  
  • Options
    Depends on if you use my LMP or my O date.  For now I'm going with O date.  So I'm 3weeks, 6 days due 10/7.

How are you feeling? So far, amazeballs.  I've actually been exercising and eating healthy.  I do feel like I'm hungry more, but at this point, maybe that's all in my head?

Rants/Raves/Questions? Anyone have an annual/pap scheduled while you were pregnant?  I called my OB to make my first appt and the receptionist didn't sound like she really knew what to do, so she just told me to go ahead with my pap.  My annual is Feb 15th, 1st appt is March 7th.  I've read mixed info about paps while pregnant, guess I'll just ask my OB the day of since the receptionist didn't really ask?

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? Second pregnancy!  I swear I'm more excited this time around bc I know how amazing it is once baby is here.  Not excited for the pregnancy part, hoping this one's easier.  Also, DD was 9lb 7oz, and I'm worried this one will be even bigger. :s I'm scared for my vajay.

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @smmatt08 I'd give your doctor a call to schedule your first visit. He/she may not schedule you until you're 7/8 weeks-ish, but it's something to look forward too! Also good to get you're appt locked in, in case your doc is busy :)
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    Hi! First time posting on here. Found out last week and it still doesn't feel real yet. 

How far along are you? EDD? 4+5, EDD 10/1/16 based on O, or 4+6 and EDD 9/30 based on LMP. 

How are you feeling? Fine...more tired than usual, sore breasts on and off, and some mild cramps. Waiting for the real symptoms to start. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? How early does an ultrasound usually pick up a heartbeat? My first OB appointment is  Feb. 2, which only puts me at 5 weeks 3 days based on my ovulation date. It seems so early to me and I don't want to get disappointed or freaked out if we don't hear it. 

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children? First pregnancy! We have one dog, Ziggy. He's a mutt/terrier mix of some kind. Can't wait to see how he handles having a baby around. 

Excited to be here! 
  • Options
    @Julia70286 Thanks! I just saw your response but I did call this afternoon. My doctor waits until week 10 for the first appointment! That is sooo long to wait :s
  • Options
    How far along are you? EDD?4 weeks 6 days

How are you feeling?  Great, no symptoms.  I wasn't expecting the test to be positive.  hopefully I continue to feel this way.  

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

first pregnancy.  I have one fur baby.  

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021