Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Let's talk about CM... Tmi!! TW (loss mentioned)

Flamingo777Flamingo777 member
edited January 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hey guys, so actively ttc after mmc. I don't know much about cm but 4 days ago i had a sudden splurge of light pink watery cm! It lasted the whole of 5 minutes. Now, 3 days before af is due I have loadssss of wet watery pinky discharge! Never experienced this before, can anyone share their cm experiences with me? Pretty please??

Re: Let's talk about CM... Tmi!! TW (loss mentioned)

• Options
    When was your mc? Right after mine that happened to me a lot. Every few days in fact for about a week and a half.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    November 23rd was my mmc. I have had a normal period since and thought everything (hoped) was back to normal xx
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well then I wouldn't think it would be related. It coukd be old blood finally flushing out along with the CM. I ersonally wouldn't worry too much about it but if you are I would make a quick call to your dr. Definitely better to know than to worry!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    PeggyOlsonFTWPeggyOlsonFTW member
    edited January 2016
    Hey guys, so actively ttc after mmc. I don't know much about cm but 4 days ago i had a sudden splurge of light pink watery cm! It lasted the whole of 5 minutes. Now, 3 days before af is due I have loadssss of wet watery pinky discharge! Never experienced this before, can anyone share their cm experiences with me? Pretty please??
    Our experiences with CM have no bearing on yours. FWIW, watery CM can be fertile CM. How do you know your period is due in three days? Are you temping?

Edited because grammar.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited January 2016
     This sounds like a good question for you doctor if you're that concerned about it.
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Options
    Not temping no. Always had a regular cycle, last period was 1/1/16 so due af on the 28th.its always bang on time. Never normally have any discharge leading up to af so just curious as to what this could be. Xx
  • Options
    Not temping no. Always had a regular cycle, last period was 1/1/16 so due af on the 28th.its always bang on time. Never normally have any discharge leading up to af so just curious as to what this could be. Xx
    Your guess is as good as mine. Cycles can be wonky post mc.

Also, you should add a trigger warning (TW - loss mentioned) since you discussed your mc. Someone who's having a tough TTCAL day might want to know that before they click on your thread.

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• Options
    You are normal/regular until you aren't.  Just because you "have always been regular" doesn't mean you will be this month.  Sure it wasn't leftover semen with some spotting mixed-in?
  • Options
    Ah crap still new to all this sorry
  • Options
    I cant answer your cm question, but I would recommend reading taking charge of your fertility. Also if this cycle does turn out wonky (can happen to us all) I would recommend temping so that you can monitor them going forwards and using Fertility Friend to track. I'd recommend that even if the cycle isnt wonky.

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Possibly? Sorry just wanted to know if anyone had experienced it. Been regular for 9 years but hey who knows I guess. I have a crap doctor and am currently in the process of changing I'm in the uk so healthcare is very different here. just looking for others to talk to/share experiences with.
  • Options
    Possibly? Sorry just wanted to know if anyone had experienced it. Been regular for 9 years but hey who knows I guess. I have a crap doctor and am currently in the process of changing I'm in the uk so healthcare is very different here. just looking for others to talk to/share experiences with.
    Is this your first cycle post-mc? I wouldn't expect it to be as regular as the last 9 years.

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• Options
    I vaguely remember this happening to me once or twice.  Bodies are weird.

I recommend temping as everyone else said.  I have always been regular as well, but temping just gives you a smidge more insight into what's going on.  I have found it to be helpful :) 
  • Options
    No, I have had a cycle since and I called the early pregnancy unit here to confirm negative test and first period post mc and they said that everything will go back to normal as before
  • Options
    NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
    edited January 2016
    My advice is to assume that you're fertile anytime you see fertile CM unless you've confirmed ovulation via temping, or blood work/ultrasound done by your doctor.

For what it's worth, my CM usually goes watery the day before or the day of my period right around the time spotting starts.

ETA: Also, I'm sorry for your loss. If you suspect you may be pregnant then you need to take a pregnancy test. If you don't think you're pregnant but are worried about what is going on with your cycle then I'd suggest talking to your doctor about it.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm not sure if the "possible" was for me? As I say, I havent experienced it, but I am offering some advice. It's great that your cycles have always been regular and hopefully they will stay that way, there is a chance though that you could get a slightly wonky one. But you may not.

I am in the UK too, I know how useless the healthcare is here unless you go privately. This board is a god send for us as we dont have the luxury to call a doctor to ask questions so much.

IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Flamingo777Flamingo777 member
    edited January 2016
    I was pregnant after two weeks of trying, so didn't ever take notice of anything. I will defo start temping and noting things from now, everyone seems to be so clued up on their bodies and i'm sat here with a dumbstruck look on my face
  • Options
    You'll pick it all up. I had no idea about any of it prior to The Bump. If you get a digital BBT I would recommend a Mabis, we cant buy it in any shops in the UK but I found a seller in the UK on amazon - they were the only one based here and it was around £10.

IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

No, I have had a cycle since and I called the early pregnancy unit here to confirm negative test and first period post mc and they said that everything will go back to normal as before

They lied. I don't know anyone whose cycle is the exact same as pre-mc. Mine was 5-7 days longer for three months.

This. Cycles are wonky post- loss. I've had 3 losses.
  • Options
    Sorry. Quote thingy failed. Whatever. Just reiterating prior posters.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses peggyolsonftw. It's hard after one I can't imagine how you must feel after three. Sorry I forgot the TW too
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses peggyolsonftw. It's hard after one I can't imagine how you must feel after three. Sorry I forgot the TW too
    Thanks. But I've had two. I believe it was @iceandsnowflakes29 that said she had had three.

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• Options
    They lied. I don't know anyone whose cycle is the exact same as pre-mc. Mine was 5-7 days longer for three months.
    ^This. My luteal phase was 12 days before my MC and has been 16 days and 15 days since. I've also been Oing later. So, longer cycles.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Sorry reading things on my tiny phone
  • Options
    Im just digging holes here. Sorry. Again. Thanks for your input everyone, good luck to all
  • Options
    Im just digging holes here. Sorry. Again. Thanks for your input everyone, good luck to all
    You're fine. :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Start temping and you can chart and track your CM. You can figure out your normal and avoid confusion in the future.
  • Options
    You're fine!

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• Options
    Perhaps your cervix is sensitive post MC and the pink spotting is from that?   If you can attribute it's timing to post intercourse maybe it's getting jabbed due to lower position during your LP & bleeding a bit.   Just a thought as a potential explanation that is not a "change" in regularity of your cycle.  I wouldn't worry too much.  If I was experiencing this I would just see how things go through the remainder of the cycle.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker