Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Tickle Me Tuesday

Let's try a new one...

What makes you laugh?

Re: Tickle Me Tuesday

• Options
    I like stories.  A good, funny anecdote will have me in stitches.   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I could also add that for some reason my younger (middle) sister always makes me laugh. Not just a chuckle... But mouth open, making no noise, not able to breath, tears rolling down my face laughing. I don't known how or why... But i enjoy it.

One time at work (we work for the same company indifferent cities so we can instant message each other on our computers) I was sharing my screen on a big conference screen and she messaged me. I had only two people with me who I knew fairly well so I opened it. This is what is was:

Sister:
    FURBABYMOM (obv this was my real name)
    I NEED YOU
    THIS IS IMPORTANT
    I HAVE A VERY SERIOUS QUESTION

me:
    ?

Sister:
    PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE... IS THE PINEAPPLE ON THE TOP OR THE BOTTOM

me:
    Um, I think it's baked on the bottom and then flipped. Why?

Sister:
    No reason

Me:
    Do you have a piece you just flipped?

Sister:
    ....no....

It still makes me laugh:)
  • Options
    @shaami1986 I LOVE the screaming goat videos!!!
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Options
    My BFF are always laughing our butts off when we get to be together (we live in different states these days). When DH is in a goofy mood, he makes me laugh. Dry humor cracks me up, as does sarcasm. Also, really bad puns. :)

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    You tube cracks me up. Especially the Chris Flemming video "company is coming". Totally me when I clean the house.
  • Options
    Parks and Rec cracks me up.  I especially love the Gergich family and how happy they are.

Also I love Joh Ralphio and Mona Lisa in an unreasonable way.

Yeeeeessssss! I can't get enough Parks and Rec. I love Ron Swanson and April. I send DH Swanson gifs daily because they are always appropriate in our conversations.  
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I am a hair embarrassed to admit this, but I am definitely a child about potty humor. I can't help it. Farts make me laugh. Oddly enough, I seem to have married the one man who doesn't fart. Who has manners. WTF? Seriously, almost 11 years now and I have heard him fart a total of four times. No joke. It's so rare that when I hear what could be one come from his direction I ask him. "Nope, that was the chair," and I get visibly distraught about that. Or, when I was correct those whole four times I cheered him on. DS makes up for Husband's lack of gas though.
    Also, anything phallic in nature is awesome.
    I know, I'm so mature. I blame having three brothers and a son for this behavior.

I love Jimmy Fallon's hashtags. I can watch the videos for hours and laugh. Also, all the "best of tumblr" lists. People are funny.

Edit: punctuation

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am a totally inappropriate 3rd grader and I will laugh out loud if we are watching something construction-related and they happen to say, "erection," or when people day, "duty," and it sounds like, "doodie," and the like.  I can't help it.

I would probably do the same...

As it was.... We had a supplier in talking about double penetration weld repair once.... There were also hand gestures. Could not handle it. I have a terrible poker face.

I did call out to a machine shop once looking for someone named Richard... Only I said "hi I'm looking for Dick". I could literally feel the silent laughter of my two male cube mates behind me. It was all I could do hold it together before I got off the phone.

We never grow up :)

• Options
    @MrsDho11  Haha, so do I!  People just don't fall enough in front of me IRL so I resort to watching videos of it!  Are we bad people?!  :D
  • Options
    Sparty18 said:

@MrsDho11  Haha, so do I!  People just don't fall enough in front of me IRL so I resort to watching videos of it!  Are we bad people?!  :D

Somewhere there is a you tube video of a dad waiting to pick up his kids from school. He is just watching kid after kid eat it on a patch of ice. It's hilarious :).
  • Options
    @MrsDho11 oh my god I love when people fall, too!  I dated this guy several years ago who was an ass in every possible way, but he was incredibly clumsy and he fell ALL THE TIME and it was hilarious.  Even after we broke up, he would text me every time he fell, and I would just die laughing.

These days, I am the worst about when my students do something clumsy in the classroom.  I regularly have to cover my face with a textbook or whatever assignment my kids are working on because I'm laughing inappropriately at a kid who fell out of a chair or something.
  • Options
    Sparty18 said:

@Sparty18 - probably. I feel sightly less terrible because I also laugh when I fall. Which, when I used to live in Boston after growing up in CA, was every time there was ice on the ground, aka what felt like every damn day in the winter. I swear, I was there for over six years, and I never got better. Every time it was like Bambi learning to walk!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    @furbabymom2007  That is the video the gif I posted is from in my initial post above!  And it is also the "Alan Andersen" search I gave for the video!  I was literally crying when I watched that the first time, and I didn't know that my DH was recording me watching it!  lol
  • Options
    Silly movies; Jim Gaffigan (Hot Pockets!)

***TW***

DS, three-year-olds say the funniest things.
  • Options
    @Sparty18 yes! I was off googling kids falling on ice LOL
  • Options
    @OrangeEv OMG I love puns and I LOVE polar bears! 
  • Options
    Aside from DS, Scarlet takes a tumble makes me laugh every.damn.time If you haven't seen that video, go watch it now.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    DH makes me laugh and his laugh is contagious! Kevin Hart is so freaking funny too! I was looking for his bobblehead skit, but here's another favorite.

• Options
    Comedy! In no particular order, Jon Mulaney, Jen Kirkman, Aziz, John Hodgman, Scott Aukerman, Paul F. Tompkins...I could go on and on.
  • Options
    @PeggyOlsonFTW I was JUST thinking about that skit!!  Why is the "say hey to your mother for me" line so funny??
  • Options
    @MrsDho11 I know its wrong to laugh but people falling is the best! We got a bunch of snow over the weekend and by Sunday morning a huge amount slid off of the roof and blocked us from opening the front door, so DH had to go out on our deck and jump over the fence to get into the front to shovel. While he was balancing on the fence post, prepping to jump down, the tip he was leaning on broke and I got the luxury of watching him fall. I had to compose myself before I went to check if he was alright. It wasn't so much that he fell but more how long it took him to fall because he kept trying to save himself lmao Now I'm laughing at my desk, I will not be shamed!
  • Options
    @LINDSEYRVA DH and I watched it again the other night and laughed our asses off. It's so random, but so so funny. And Samberg does a great Mark Wahlberg impression!

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016